What did you do to your R18 today?

Late to this forum! Posting my customisations thus far…
- Klock Werks Harley front fender
- RSD front/side cylinder covers
- blacked-out windscreen + frame
- blacked-out saddlebag chrome bits
- Wunderlich engine guard + mesh grille

Still waiting to add risers, seats and black out some more stuff…

Attachments

• DE2A4807-5B12-4122-8F46-F03190A8AD13.jpeg
    DE2A4807-5B12-4122-8F46-F03190A8AD13.jpeg
    4.5 MB · Views: 66
  • 74680938-1111-44EC-8944-6D81705E1221.jpeg
    74680938-1111-44EC-8944-6D81705E1221.jpeg
    1.3 MB · Views: 65
  • 577F038D-B8FA-4272-9FF8-EBE60DAC5944.jpeg
    577F038D-B8FA-4272-9FF8-EBE60DAC5944.jpeg
    3.1 MB · Views: 65
You're gonna love them. I've had them for about 6 months. Little, if any, heat. What a feeling riding in that position. Riding with your legs resting on those cylinder heads is the best way to enjoy this bike. Can't wait to hear about your experience.

On Wednesday, I had the first service completed. Today, I installed the leg roasters. I am looking forward to trying them out, but it is to cold to ride and will be for the next few days.

Can you post more photos ? possibly a side view to estimate how high your leg would be placed relative to your seat ?

I would like to get an idea of how high the legs need to go, and obviously also how does it feel with them on for long periods of time....

Thank you

View attachment 8115
Got the tuning file and installed it on the bike. Works as advertised. Cold and hot idle are night and day different, no dead spot after 3k RPM, rock mode definitely deeper and more sound, throttle is snappy, rev hang gone.

Not cheap (got the 15% holiday discount), but bike feels like what it maybe was supposed to before euro 5 neutering. Can’t wait to get some pipes on it!!
I can't wait to install it on my bike. Had the initial service done and will install the air filter with frame hopefully this week, then I can finally install the Brentune!

You can see the GPS antenna in the below picture, you can almost follow the coaxial cable down to the radio (silver box with a blue ALPINE label on it) and the white color patch on the Clutch Side Fairing - Speaking box is the AM/FM antenna.

View attachment 6971
So this is a GPS antenna that is visible under the windscreen? I'm a bit confused, since I thought the GPS position was transmitted from your mobile phone - is that assumtion wrong? I'm even more confused since this visible antenna is not present on all B/TC bikes, but even so they all have the GPS feature on the TFT screen, right?

So this is a GPS antenna that is visible under the windscreen? I'm a bit confused, since I thought the GPS position was transmitted from your mobile phone - is that assumtion wrong? I'm even more confused since this visible antenna is not present on all B/TC bikes, but even so they all have the GPS feature on the TFT screen, right?
I get Street names and Directions without a MAP on the TFT, if my phone isn't connected or broadcasting the detailed MAP screen from the BMW Connected App on my phone; I traced the cable back to the radio receiver's control module, which had a port labeled "GPS". I always assumed it was for basic navigation function in a stand alone fashion?
:unsure:

Difficult to see, but I added fork deflectors (Memphis shades) to help with chest buffeting. Good improvement but still need a windshield of sorts. Bike is a '22 standard.

I get Street names and Directions without a MAP on the TFT, if my phone isn't connected
Are you saying that the phone isn't connected at all - no bluetooth and no wifi - or is a bluetooth connection active? I saw somewhere that turn-by-turn directions require only bluetooth, but for maps you need wifi also ((I think it was @adamchandler that said this in a youtube video but I'm not sure).

I traced the cable back to the radio receiver's control module, which had a port labeled "GPS"
Does the radio module also control Sirius reception? If so, could it be that BMW was sloppy and mislabelled "sat radio" for "GPS"?

Unfortunately I haven't even ridden my R18B yet since I got it in december - very frustrating but weather doesn't permit riding... So I haven't used the GPS and have to guess. You could very well be right, but I'm confused since there are B/TC bikes without this antenna.

Back