What did you do to your R18 today?

Added two new accessories to mine within the last couple of weeks.

I looked at several different front fairings and windscreens and settled on the Batwing SML by Puig. I love the look of the mini batwing fairing along with the longer touring, medium-smoke windscreen. They sell the shorter "sport" windscreen in both clear and (medium) smoke tint. Installation wasn't too difficult. Price was also more within my budget (at less than $350 USD) as compared to the other fairings I was looking at from Corbin, Wunderlich and DKdesign. I didn't think my fairing would arrive before my trip but it arrived the day before and I was able to get it installed.

I had been shopping for saddlebags for a while as I wanted something that was hard-shell with good cargo space yet stylish enough not to take away from the look of the bike. I believe I found that with the Overlord saddlebags from Viking Bags. Black matte-finished leather reinforced with hard, durable plastic to help keep its form with or with cargo. The teardrop shape follows the lines of the rear fender nicely. And installing the saddlebags did not interfere or affect the mounting of the rear luggage rack I already had in place.

They were immediately put to use on an 1100+ mile roundtrip journey from Las Vegas to Reno and back in two days. Both accessories performed as expected and I am extremely happy with everything.

IMG_8651 copy.jpeg

D2DA45D4-7EDE-406B-BF2E-51BBD4A676B3.jpeg

Links to products (below):

I looked at several different front fairings and windscreens and settled on the Batwing SML by Puig. I love the look of the mini batwing fairing along with the longer touring, medium-smoke windscreen. They sell the shorter "sport" windscreen in both clear and (medium) smoke tint. Installation wasn't too difficult. Price was also more within my budget (at less than $350 USD) as compared to the other fairings I was looking at from Corbin, Wunderlich and DKdesign. I didn't think my fairing would arrive before my trip but it arrived the day before and I was able to get it installed.

I had been shopping for saddlebags for a while as I wanted something that was hard-shell with good cargo space yet stylish enough not to take away from the look of the bike. I believe I found that with the Overlord saddlebags from Viking Bags. Black matte-finished leather reinforced with hard, durable plastic to help keep its form with or with cargo. The teardrop shape follows the lines of the rear fender nicely. And installing the saddlebags did not interfere or affect the mounting of the rear luggage rack I already had in place.

They were immediately put to use on an 1100+ mile roundtrip journey from Las Vegas to Reno and back in two days. Both accessories performed as expected and I am extremely happy with everything.

View attachment 14868

View attachment 14869

Nice one mate, I think she looks the part. 👍👍👍

View attachment 14868

View attachment 14869

And always nice to see the iconic fishies

The 100th's stock Arkapovic is so low profile that no one will know it's an Arka unless getting near to itIMG20240601222042.jpg

After some thinking, I went out to get some high temp paint and did the following
IMG20240601222056.jpg

1st try, I gotten the paint to dry and used an alcohol swab and tried to clean the excess paint off, but as the engraving wasn't deep enough, everything was cleaned off by the swab.
I tried a 2nd time and this time using a coin and started to "scratch" on the surface slowly and lightly, going perpendicular to the grooves of the wordings

IMG20240601223308.jpgIMG20240601225741.jpg

After about 30-40mins of "scratching" the surface I got to this-->

IMG20240601230757.jpg
Looks a little more obvious to me.

Spend another 10-15 mins to clean up the little bits

Disconnect the exhaust flappers, you do get a bit more ‘thud’ at lower speeds and pulling away from standstill, not Harley stage 1 loud (by any means) but it’s worth considering, maybe 🤷‍♂️.

No they just 'pretend' to the ECU that the servo is still connected ... thus avoiding error codes being thrown.
Not the servo buddies- the exhaust. It has to have servos to alter the pitch? Does it have it's own or use the stock ones?

I've got the switchable ones installed myself.

Back