What did you do to your R18 today?

On Saturday last week, I fitted the Healtech switched servo units on a single double pole switch underneath the right battery panel and also drilled the exhausts. Makes a very small difference at idle, but a significant difference from 2000 rpm...I like the change. Problem is that I will burn through my rear tyre very quickly now. :oops:

I found that a 35mm (1 3/8") stepped bit was really labour intensive, but starting it with the bit self centres it so that the drill bit of a 32mm hole saw could cut through and then be bored out with the stepped bit.

Today I put Loctite blue on my accessory screws and bolts. Almost lost a mirror at Myrtle Beach. I really think it was loosened up by some asshat in a parking lot, but added the thread locker just to be sure.

Also, got my new trunk bag from TXBrit! Love it!

Attachments

• IMG_20240606_133802646.jpg
    IMG_20240606_133802646.jpg
    3.2 MB · Views: 31
  • 17176965804707294601162369601515.jpg
    17176965804707294601162369601515.jpg
    1.4 MB · Views: 30
I played around with some different LidLock mounting locations (Thank you TXBrit); I'm currently looking at the default location (brake/clutch lever assembly) and the seat secure mounting buckle.

Screenshot_20240609-122706.pngScreenshot_20240609-122643.png

I played around with some different LidLock mounting locations (Thank you TXBrit); I'm currently looking at the default location (brake/clutch lever assembly) and the seat secure mounting buckle.

View attachment 14842View attachment 14843
Make me wish I would have picked those up :D I was too excited about the Kern-Stabi that I did not pay attention to the other items. Curious to see where you end up mounting them, keep us posted.

View attachment 14842View attachment 14843
I like it.

Curious anyone ever had their helmet stolen? I have been riding since the beginning of time and I don’t even know anyone this has happened to.

It hasn't happened to me, nor do I know of anyone that it has happened too... However, I would always try and lock my helmet either in one of my side cases (GS Adventure), or now, I can fit my helmet into my Model B side case (barely) or I'll run my helmet strap under the side cases locking lever.

I like it.

Curious anyone ever had their helmet stolen? I have been riding since the beginning of time and I don’t even know anyone this has happened to.
Never known of any helmet to be stolen but Mine have always been secured on the bike or carried with me. With my K1600 I have plenty of storage on the bike to hold multiple helmets and jackets. With the R18B I can only hold a half lid in the side case so jacket & helmet has to go with me like the old days....

unseated all 4 brass heads and put back the cover. Torx 25 and 10mm wrench is all you need. The akra on 100 yrs sound more better

Attachments

• IMG_5651.jpeg
    IMG_5651.jpeg
    1.5 MB · Views: 24
  • IMG_5653.jpeg
    IMG_5653.jpeg
    1.4 MB · Views: 23
Never known of any helmet to be stolen but Mine have always been secured on the bike or carried with me. With my K1600 I have plenty of storage on the bike to hold multiple helmets and jackets. With the R18B I can only hold a half lid in the side case so jacket & helmet has to go with me like the old days....
Truth be told I have locked my jacket to the bike when I stop at popular places to look around. I guess I think jackets are more prone to disappear. Helmets have a pretty small audience.

Back