BMW luggage for R18

Look very practical.
But I dont like their thickness. On the video, the bags look pretty far from the fender.
Might be different in real.

Last edited:
Reactions: avi
I believe the bag will mount on the outside. You would just custom drill or cut your holes in your bags to attach to the bracket. I actually came across those this morning and in hindsight I mighta purchased those instead of bmw's. Those will have a much cleaner look when they are detached...but maybe won't be near as rigid, which might be something to consider
True. You would need bags that have a rigid backing to allow for the bracket install.

True. You would need bags that have a rigid backing to allow for the bracket install.
Would be easy to custom make I would think. A piece of 1/16" alum flat stock from the hardware store. Trace it out with a magic marker and cut it out with the band saw or hack saw and drill your holes. It will mount on the inside of the bag so it won't even have to look pretty. Just some options to consider...

Reactions: avi
Anyone considered these brackets for holding luggage? From what I can tell the brackets go inside the bag, not on the bike. Also, this gives you more options for what kind of bags you want to use.

This is how I mounted my bags avi and Longshot. They worked great. I had the bags already and wished to re-use them on the R18. Easybrackets was the answer. My bags were already significantly thicker and more rigid at the mounting side, so reinforcement wasn't necessary.

Not too far from the fender, Gerard

A53C1415-CAF5-448D-BCD9-E4054B9D3DFF.jpeg578E6649-2C1F-4A31-B1B5-617D229E331A.jpeg0C1042E0-94F0-4A51-ACC5-1CBE488766AF.jpeg
and off, it just looks like this. No janky bracket.
12E13411-2B53-40C3-9BEC-E3A15409DF48.jpeg

Last edited:
This is how I mounted my bags avi and Longshot. They worked great. I had the bags already and wished to re-use them on the R18. Easybrackets was the answer. My bags were already significantly thicker and more rigid at the mounting side, so reinforcement wasn't necessary.

View attachment 1352View attachment 1353View attachment 1354
View attachment 1355
That does look nice!!!
I like it!

View attachment 1352View attachment 1353View attachment 1354
View attachment 1355
That's perfect! I'm definitely going to look into these. Thanks for the pics!

Hi everybody.

My name is Sergio and I'm from Spain. I bought the BMW but First thing I realized is that de brackets are different, not symmetric with the bike.
Anyone who has installed them could confirm that is normal?
Thank you
IMG_9737.JPG

I have the same brackets, and never found any reason for the asymetry...
One could think the longer could go on the right, to give room to the shaft.
But no, the shorter is on the right on mine with no problem

Reactions: R2K
Hi everybody.

My name is Sergio and I'm from Spain. I bought the BMW but First thing I realized is that de brackets are different, not symmetric with the bike.
Thank you
View attachment 1760
mines look symmetric

Attachments

• E6F48CF1-00DE-484C-8190-47B0B4B6DEFD.jpeg
    E6F48CF1-00DE-484C-8190-47B0B4B6DEFD.jpeg
    1.9 MB · Views: 76
Hi everybody.

Thank you
View attachment 1760
There is a left and right. Your quick release button on the bags will be to the front of the motorcycle. The swingarm sticks farther out from the rear fender on the left side. Look straight down above the fender from the rear and you'll see what I mean. They are that way so the bags will clear the swingarm

Thank You very much Longshot!!
I got it.
Another question, in adition to the piece, have you put the metalic spacers that come with the screws?
That adds 14 mm on both sides at the front and 19mm on both sides at the rear....
The bags look very away fronm the bike.
Than you for your answer.

1621928837076.png

Thank You very much Longshot!!
I got it.
Another question, in adition to the piece, have you put the metalic spacers that come with the screws?
That adds 14 mm on both sides at the front and 19mm on both sides at the rear....
The bags look very away fronm the bike.
Than you for your answer.

View attachment 1771
I did not use the spacers. I see no need for them in my application. My guess is they are there in case more clearance is needed if used with a backrest or rack from the bmw accessory catalog

Last edited:
Back