BMW luggage for R18

I think those rectangular side cases are better looking than the streamlined ones that come on the R18 Classic. By any chance would the rectangular cases fit on the same racks that the streamlined cases fit? In the words, could a rider have both sets of bags without having to have two sets of mounting racks?
Totally different brackets.

Are the mounting holes on the motorcycle the same for the classic and... Normal edition? If I ordered the classic saddlebags and mounts would they fit my normal first edition?

Are the mounting holes on the motorcycle the same for the classic and... Normal edition? If I ordered the classic saddlebags and mounts would they fit my normal first edition?
I will talk only because I saw both bikes. The 2 holes at the side of the rear fender are the same, but not the brackets. Mounted, The classic saddlebags are closer to the bike than the normal R18 saddlebags. Also, if you order the classics they won’t fit the normal because of the exhaust. And, the last thing (I couldn’t see but it’s look like) the classic saddlebag have another mounting point at the bottom

I'm just hunting for another option for saddle bags. I'm not a fan of the suit case looking bmw bags. I found one company called ends cuoio.
La Poderosa, from Spain. The new black collection from BMW Motorrad, Hepco... those are commercial options right now. And the are experiments in the web (Facebook) and customizations without saying if they will be ”on the market” or not

I think those rectangular side cases are better looking than the streamlined ones that come on the R18 Classic. By any chance would the rectangular cases fit on the same racks that the streamlined cases fit? In the words, could a rider have both sets of bags without having to have two sets of mounting racks?
Whether they look better or not is a matter of personal taste, but at least it seems that they hold more than the Classic OEM ones. I would also be interested to know whether they fit on the same racks.

There's no difference between the First édition and the classic regarding the side bags brackets
I don't think the exausts change anything neither.

whether they look better than the OEMs is a matter of taste, but it looks like they can hold a lot more stuff, which is not difficult to do.

I noticed there hard bags and a set of soft bags. I'll probably put a order in for the leather saddle bag, but more I look at the hard panniers the more I like them.

Attachments

• Screenshot_20210328-211027.png
    Screenshot_20210328-211027.png
    1.5 MB · Views: 110
  • Screenshot_20210328-212721.png
    Screenshot_20210328-212721.png
    1.6 MB · Views: 100
  • Screenshot_20210328-212740.png
    Screenshot_20210328-212740.png
    1.6 MB · Views: 96
  • Screenshot_20210328-212756.png
    Screenshot_20210328-212756.png
    1.4 MB · Views: 109
the square ones in the accessory catalog. See attached.
Hi, new member here, first post and one week old new r18 owner. I will go introduce myself in New members section soon as I get a chance. I just bought the same bags from the dealer a couple hours ago and I also had to ponder the spacers because no instructions, but by looking at the illustration that was included it looks like your brackets are on the wrong sides. With how you have them installed the bags will sit a few inches to the rear. I did a search for the install because there was no instructions and found this thread. Just pointing it out in case there's a actual wrong way then maybe I'll find out right away.
See where my fingers pointing. The release handle is showing towards the front of the bike

Attachments

• 20210415_182055.jpg
    20210415_182055.jpg
    1.6 MB · Views: 84
  • 20210415_182133.jpg
    20210415_182133.jpg
    3.1 MB · Views: 90
  • 20210415_182440.jpg
    20210415_182440.jpg
    3.7 MB · Views: 85
Hi, new member here, first post and one week old new r18 owner. I will go introduce myself in New members section soon as I get a chance. I just bought the same bags from the dealer a couple hours ago and I also had to ponder the spacers because no instructions, but by looking at the illustration that was included it looks like your brackets are on the wrong sides. With how you have them installed the bags will sit a few inches to the rear. I did a search for the install because there was no instructions and found this thread. Just pointing it out in case there's a actual wrong way then maybe I'll find out right away.
See where my fingers pointing. The release handle is showing towards the front of the bike

"The release handle is showing towards the front of the bike" that's correct

Thanks Longshot! A helpful post before even an introduction. You're very welcome here.

Anyone considered these brackets for holding luggage? From what I can tell the brackets go inside the bag, not on the bike. Also, this gives you more options for what kind of bags you want to use.

Anyone considered these brackets for holding luggage? From what I can tell the brackets go inside the bag, not on the bike. Also, this gives you more options for what kind of bags you want to use.

I believe the bag will mount on the outside. You would just custom drill or cut your holes in your bags to attach to the bracket. I actually came across those this morning and in hindsight I mighta purchased those instead of bmw's. Those will have a much cleaner look when they are detached...but maybe won't be near as rigid, which might be something to consider

Reactions: avi
Back