BMW luggage for R18

Btw, I purchased the side bags for the first edition and although they were pretty easy to install, there are no available installation instructions yet. The bags come with additional sized spacers that I never seemed to need to use.

Very cool! Please post some pictures when you get a chance!

Do they come off easily when not in use? I seem to remember that the mounting system allows a clean look even when the bags are off.

I myself ordered the right (Tool Cover) bag myself. I'll post up some pictures once I have it.

Very cool! Please post some pictures when you get a chance!

Do they come off easily when not in use? I seem to remember that the mounting system allows a clean look even when the bags are off.

I myself ordered the right (Tool Cover) bag myself. I'll post up some pictures once I have it.
Yes, easy to snap on and pull off. No keyed locking mechanism though. Will post pics shortly.

So are these bags the square ones that are shown in the accessory catalog or the ones shown on the new R18 Classic?

No, though they are easy for taking on and off, a few zippers exist for storing a variety of things and a bag inside exists to waterproof whatever you’ve included.

What windshield is that?
The windshield is a generic place holder I bought on Amazon to block the wind until the BMW version becomes available. It works, but is a bit janky and borderline attractive.

The windshield is a generic place holder I bought on Amazon to block the wind until the BMW version becomes available. It works, but is a bit janky and borderline attractive.

Thank you sir

This thread reminds me that someplace I have a magnetic tankbag and soft saddlebags. I'm not too sure how much I'll need them since I already have a full size touring machine. But there may be times when I want to be on the "light weight" bike for a day and still have a reason to carry more than a backpack of stuff. In my opinion, the R18 is just too beautiful to "uglify" with permanent luggage or a windshield, but I can understand the reasons for them too.

Hi. Although they have the internal waterproof liner, my question is Are they (at the outside) weatherproof or at least water repellent? Or are they going to “die” with any rain? First time with a BMW motorcycle and I don’t want to pay “wrong” for something not resistant to elements.

No, though they are easy for taking on and off, a few zippers exist for storing a variety of things and a bag inside exists to waterproof whatever you’ve included.

Attached BMW bags. Easy install. Not the biggest, but good enough. Also doesn’t look too bad with the brackets when you take the bags off. There is a left and a right side...I had a little bit of an issue figuring that out.

Attachments

• 27072F6B-8B6D-4164-9DF7-C82106F0AE77.jpeg
    27072F6B-8B6D-4164-9DF7-C82106F0AE77.jpeg
    3.7 MB · Views: 220
  • EDF3507D-43E2-4298-989F-0EC63604003D.jpeg
    EDF3507D-43E2-4298-989F-0EC63604003D.jpeg
    3.4 MB · Views: 217
I think those rectangular side cases are better looking than the streamlined ones that come on the R18 Classic. By any chance would the rectangular cases fit on the same racks that the streamlined cases fit? In the words, could a rider have both sets of bags without having to have two sets of mounting racks?

Back