Adaptive Headlight Recall Update

I took delivery of my R18B last week and this thing checked off all the boxes. What a bike! Worth the wait :) Only issue I have and it's not the bike its me. I am 6.1 and the windscreen is too short. The cavitation of the wind at speed is really unpleasant. The good news is that there is a company 7Jurock that sells the larger windshield. I am going to order the 20 inch once they confirm it can fit my 2023. :)

I took delivery of my R18B last week and this thing checked off all the boxes. What a bike! Worth the wait :) Only issue I have and it's not the bike its me. I am 6.1 and the windscreen is too short. The cavitation of the wind at speed is really unpleasant. The good news is that there is a company 7Jurock that sells the larger windshield. I am going to order the 20 inch once they confirm it can fit my 2023. :)
Don't order the 20"....It is effing huge. You can roll a smoke and read the newspaper behind the 20"...... I am 6'1" also. I bought the 20", then I bought the 18".......now I want a 16"

Took a nice ride tonight light works as it should my question would be how long do you think the Recall replacement would last do you think it was a good move on the replacement ?

I'm a bit taller than you and find the B's shield to be sufficient. It could be that the wind hits me below where it hits you, I guess. Also, I like the look of the stock screen too much to contemplate anything taller.

I'm a bit taller than you and find the B's shield to be sufficient. It could be that the wind hits me below where it hits you, I guess. Also, I like the look of the stock screen too much to contemplate anything taller.
At 5' 9" I can see clearly over the Model B windshield and don't experience the negative turbulence and buffeting..

Don't order the 20"....It is effing huge. You can roll a smoke and read the newspaper behind the 20"...... I am 6'1" also. I bought the 20", then I bought the 18".......now I want a 16"
with the 18 do you still get all the wind in your face? trying to cut out the noise and cavitation.

with the 18 do you still get all the wind in your face? trying to cut out the noise and cavitation.
The 18" does a great job of cutting out the buffeting, but it creates other problems. I have the tinted 18", and the top of the screen is smack bang in the middle of my vision. I can sit up straight to see over it, but it is not my natural seating position then. Also, the screen is that large that is create a wind noise that is quite loud. At higher speeds the front end feel less stable, particularly on a windy day. It is quite noticeable. I have attached some pics of the 20" screen. One is the stock screen laid on top of the 20". In the summer months, I'll ride with the tiny screen shown in the pic fitted with my other bikes.
IMG_5860.jpegIMG_5854 (1).jpegIMG_5798.jpeg

I have the 18" Jurock (installed about a month or so ago) and have the wind deflectors (purchased off of ebay) and I wish I would have went for the 19". I'm 5'10" and I must have a longer torso (30 to 31 inch inseam) because the wind hits me right at the top of the helmet and causes some head movement, but I will say that it is 90% better than the stock bagger windshield. For reference, I also ride a 1200 Monster and other than wind noise, I do not experience any of the head shake, so it was a surprise when I took the bagger out for long rides and found myself not being able to read the road signs as they were blurry. I've since learned about how air rushes to fill the small pocket between you and the windshield and so If I do move my butt closer to the fuel tank it is a little more quieter and not as turbulent. BTW, I see over the screen in my normal seating position, butt/lower back against the rise of the seat.

I'm new to this forum, recently purchased a '22 B and I have similar issues. I'm 6' and the wind hits me smack in the face. I were an open face helmet with safety sunglasses and the wind causes the glasses to vibrate making in difficult to see (like looking into a vibrating rearview mirror). I solved that problem by purchasing goggles. Over this weekend I did 300 freeway miles and afterwards my ears were ringing from the wind noise. Real bummer. Now I'm thinking I need ear plugs. I also am partial to the stock wind screen but I'm also looking at options. I personally don't like any of the 7Jurock screens. I would like something similar to the stock but with an upward lip. I see them on HD baggers. I have a sport wind screen on my R1200C that also funnels the wind into my face and I don't have these issues.

You can buy the screen for the TC if you wish to keep her as stock as possible. I am 5.9, so no much shorter than you but somehow I have managed to get used to the wind buffeting. Maybe I have adopted a different riding posture, not sure. I ride with an open face helmet and prescription glasses.

I'm new to this forum, recently purchased a '22 B and I have similar issues. I'm 6' and the wind hits me smack in the face. I were an open face helmet with safety sunglasses and the wind causes the glasses to vibrate making in difficult to see (like looking into a vibrating rearview mirror). I solved that problem by purchasing goggles. Over this weekend I did 300 freeway miles and afterwards my ears were ringing from the wind noise. Real bummer. Now I'm thinking I need ear plugs. I also am partial to the stock wind screen but I'm also looking at options. I personally don't like any of the 7Jurock screens. I would like something similar to the stock but with an upward lip. I see them on HD baggers. I have a sport wind screen on my R1200C that also funnels the wind into my face and I don't have these issues.
I also prefer the stock B windscreen but installed the stock TC screen since I prefer to ride my R18B with a half shell helmet and safety sunglasses. I am only 5'7" but the TC did at least put the wind over my head instead of directly in my face.

I'm 5' 9" and ride my R18 B with the stock windshield; I wear a 1/3 helmet and Maui Jim sunglasses, which gives me a view just over the top of the windshield, as I don't like looking through a windscreen... I guess I experience what some might call "clean air", I don't experience much turbulence... maybe I'm ducking or slouching a bit..?

I've added the lower Leg Wind Protection and the Fairing Winglets to my Model B, where I took some of the best wind management attributes from the TC design and applied them to my Model B.

Back