Adaptive Headlight Recall Update

So they are going to patch it, rather than replacing it ? ... interesting ...
The language in the email didn't make it clear. I can't imagine they'll have dealers cracking open sealed unit headlights to fix internals though. I'd guess it'll be a full light replacement. As soon as I know more, I'll post it up!

Just got word from my selling dealer that BMW issued a bulletin on parts for the headlights. Parts are in the process of being ordered, so we'll see what's next.
Thanks so much for the update. I contacted my dealer with the good news and he had left a voice message for me at the same. Maybe it's true that "good things happen fior those who wait."
I want to get a comfort sear, pinstriping, and a phone that works with the infotainment system in preparation for a cross-country trip starting June 15th.
🤞🏽🤞🏽🤞🏽
1000007912.jpg

Thanks so much for the update. I contacted my dealer with the good news and he had left a voice message for me at the same. Maybe it's true that "good things happen fior those who wait."
I want to get a comfort sear, pinstriping, and a phone that works with the infotainment system in preparation for a cross-country trip starting June 15th.
🤞🏽🤞🏽🤞🏽
View attachment 14649
Hoping you’re all set and in order by then!

Great News! My Dealer also confirmed the bulletin :) Apparently BMW will start shipping to Germany on or about June 6th and then rest of world. For all here keep this post going and once you have your date to get yours fixed let us know.

Thank you all :)

I Have the Bike on a Charger when Powered up it makes some strange noises non the less it failed to start powered off and tried again it started then powered off and then again failed to start going to get this to the dealer uugghh

I Have the Bike on a Charger when Powered up it makes some strange noises non the less it failed to start powered off and tried again it started then powered off and then again failed to start going to get this to the dealer uugghh
The sun is shining but I won't be riding the my shiny R1800 TC to Americade this weekend. But, GOOD NEWS, it appears she'll be ready for a cross-country romp the middle of this month. Check your R18 VIN here:
https://nhtsa.bmwgroup.com/safetyrecall/pages/motorradRecallSearch.xhtml
1000008614.jpg

Dropped my bagger off at the dealer for new tires this morning and asked about the recall. They just got the bulletin yesterday and apparently all the parts needed are in stock. It’s getting done today. When I pick it up I’ll ask for more details on what they did. Regardless, start asking for an appointment ASAP.

Dropped my bagger off at the dealer for new tires this morning and asked about the recall. They just got the bulletin yesterday and apparently all the parts needed are in stock. It’s getting done today. When I pick it up I’ll ask for more details on what they did. Regardless, start asking for an appointment ASAP.
New headlight assembly. Replaced the stock bushings and added new ones to the other mounting points.

Attachments

• IMG_1737.jpeg
    IMG_1737.jpeg
    192 KB · Views: 21
New headlight assembly. Replaced the stock bushings and added new ones to the other mounting points.
Soooo, I wonder if the actual headlight is the same? Same part number as the original, so far as I can tell. Did they just add some bushings to dampen the vibration? Fingers crossed that’s a true fix.

How long did it take them to do the work?

Soooo, I wonder if the actual headlight is the same? Same part number as the original, so far as I can tell. Did they just add some bushings to dampen the vibration? Fingers crossed that’s a true fix.

How long did it take them to do the work?
The headlight work probably took 2 hours. They said a new head light is included in case there’s wear on the old one from vibration. And yes, it’s a like for like swap of the light itself.

Wait, so it’s the same headlight? They just added rubber dampers to mounting points? If so that’s a huge bummer. Can anyone confirm this that is smarter than I?

really

So is it a new light or just internals
Great News! My Dealer also confirmed the bulletin :) Apparently BMW will start shipping to Germany on or about June 6th and then rest of world. For all here keep this post going and once you have your date to get yours fixed let us know.

Thank you all :)

Great! thanks for the update :)
I am one of the lucky ones to have the light fail on a trip. I was 300 plus miles away from home when the light broke and I lost the low beam totally. The reflector broke off on one side and was loose in the housing .High beam still worked and I drove the last 180 in the dark with the high beam. Low was zero so no choice. It has been at the dealer now for 2 weeks with no news. Hopeful from the posts there is an end.

Back