Adaptive Headlight Recall Update

While I was at the dealer picking up the R18B after replacing the transmission breather, I asked to see the headlamp diagram. I was curious to know if they actually used grommets for the bottom mounting point… They do

View attachment 15111
Let me know how it goes with the new breather ... I am still not 100% convinced that was the problem on mine .. I still suspect the oil that I used .. but you did not use that band of oil ... so maybe?

I took delivery Saturday, July 15 in New Milford, CT. It was a thrill to arrive at the dealer and see Black Swan sitting in front of the shop with a sold sign hanging from the handlebars. The dealer loaded the Connect app on my phone, demonstrated the R18's features and I saddled up for a 3500 mile trek. The first stop was the Adirondack Mountains--Lake Placid and Whiteface Mountain. My motorcycle buddy, riding a 23 Street Glide, popped into MAX BMW with me in Troy, NY, and had the 600 mile service done. So far so good. Riding like I stole TC, we headed for the Virginia Blue Ridge Parkway. From there, the Smokey Mountains and down into Atlanta. 3500 miles later, and tons of spontaneous compliments, we arrived home safe from a memorable trip and elated with the R18 Transcontinental. On Interstates 40 and 83, she performed amazingly. The only issues were I need a Corbin seat and I didn't have the USB-C cord to power my Android in the infotainment compartment. (I plugged it in the trunk).
I'm ready for another long distance ride, and couldn't be happier as a TC owner.
Wishlist: Corbin seat, Heli handlebars and tipover bars, ceramic coating and highway pegs. We averaged 400 miles daily. I could easily stay in the saddle for 200 more miles with my Wishlist items.

Attachments

• Screenshot_20240705_080131_Gmail.jpg
    Screenshot_20240705_080131_Gmail.jpg
    588.8 KB · Views: 2
  • Screenshot_20240617_091450_Gallery.jpg
    Screenshot_20240617_091450_Gallery.jpg
    2.2 MB · Views: 2
I took delivery Saturday, July 15 in New Milford, CT. It was a thrill to arrive at the dealer and see Black Swan sitting in front of the shop with a sold sign hanging from the handlebars. The dealer loaded the Connect app on my phone, demonstrated the R18's features and I saddled up for a 3500 mile trek. The first stop was the Adirondack Mountains--Lake Placid and Whiteface Mountain. My motorcycle buddy, riding a 23 Street Glide, popped into MAX BMW with me in Troy, NY, and had the 600 mile service done. So far so good. Riding like I stole TC, we headed for the Virginia Blue Ridge Parkway. From there, the Smokey Mountains and down into Atlanta. 3500 miles later, and tons of spontaneous compliments, we arrived home safe from a memorable trip and elated with the R18 Transcontinental. On Interstates 40 and 83, she performed amazingly. The only issues were I need a Corbin seat and I didn't have the USB-C cord to power my Android in the infotainment compartment. (I plugged it in the trunk).
I'm ready for another long distance ride, and couldn't be happier as a TC owner.
Wishlist: Corbin seat, Heli handlebars and tipover bars, ceramic coating and highway pegs. We averaged 400 miles daily. I could easily stay in the saddle for 200 more miles with my Wishlist items.
Concur, love our TC.

Back