What's the jacket of choice for your R18?

I came *so close* to buying that jacket, but it was sight (or rather fit) unseen. I just do not trust BM sizing enough to have sprung for it! It sure looked beautiful though!
I don’t blame you. A lot to spend without seeing. I was very lucky but if fit not right I could have returned it.

Vanson Chopper in competition weight cowhide.

Lewis Leathers/Eat Dust collab

Attachments

• Vanson_Chopper_Square_800x.jpg
    Vanson_Chopper_Square_800x.jpg
    44.2 KB · Views: 23
  • eat-dust-lewis-leathers-phantom-racing-jacket-leather-01.jpg
    eat-dust-lewis-leathers-phantom-racing-jacket-leather-01.jpg
    190.3 KB · Views: 23
I just wear the same old Aerostitch 2 piece that I have been wearing for 20 years, 350,000 plus miles, 14 Bun Burner Golds, four 3,000 mile is 3 days, three 5,000 miles in 5 days, two CC 50s, 3 Harleys, 2 Ducatis, a Honda, a Triumph, 3 BMWs, worn on three different continents, 8 different countries and still going strong. Lava HotSprings, Idaho, Pedra Azul, Brasil.
Worn in Rain, Snow, Sleat, Alaska cold, Mexico Desert heat, City traffic and Montana open highway. Sitting drinking beer and 145 mph across Wyoming, splitting lanes like a lunatic Goucho in Rio de Janeiro.
Tride a few different, never found one better for actual riding.
Not into the primping at the local Harley dealer on Sunny Saturdays.
That Harley in the picture has a useful fuel load of 16 gallons, range of over 450 miles non stop.
And over 250,000 miles.

View attachment 1068View attachment 1069
Great answer BD

This is what I've been using for the last 5-6 years. Really good down to about 40F and the inner lining zips out making it comfortable to about 85F-88F. Been looking for an inexpensive mesh jacket for summer when it's 90F-98F. Yesterday was 102F. :cry: I'm not a black leather guy.

Attachments

• Screen Shot 2022-06-14 at 7.21.07 AM.png
    Screen Shot 2022-06-14 at 7.21.07 AM.png
    1.1 MB · Views: 26
I ride with a Langlitz Jacket made of Goat Skin... Do not buy these from the current owners of Langlitz leathers, as they are no longer the real family that started the business and do poor work with cheap materials...

Klim Sixxer in black.

I love the jacket. It is well made, but a tiny bit narrow in the shoulders and chest. I tried a Klim fabric jacket on in the dealership, in large, and it was slightly loose which was perfect and made my decision on that fit basis. The leather Sixxer is a tiny bit snug by comparison. It is perfect at temps up to about 25/26C and then I switch to my old and trusted Clover mesh jacket. The Sixxer does not come with any protective padding, so one has to purchase back, shoulder and elbow pad post delivery. I very much like the overall quality and comfort and recommend the brand and the jacket. I also wear Klim speed-jeans with tailbone, hip and knee pads. It's all finished off with Daytona GTX boots. They are ugly but fit well and provide good protection.

Last edited:
It's that time of year again. I have this, and it's super for really hot weather. Our friends from Northern Europe probably don't need something like this, but this is my go-to in July and August here in the Mid-Atlantic part of the US. Has real shoulder, elbow and back armor.

1656500630945.png

B
It's that time of year again. I have this, and it's super for really hot weather. Our friends from Northern Europe probably don't need something like this, but this is my go-to in July and August here in the Mid-Atlantic part of the US. Has real shoulder, elbow and back

Brand? Any link? Thanks

I ride with a Langlitz Jacket made of Goat Skin... Do not buy these from the current owners of Langlitz leathers, as they are no longer the real family that started the business and do poor work with cheap materials...
Sorry to resurrect a thread. Langlitz Leathers has a different manager but the owners are still the Langlitz family. The current president is Judy the grand daughter of Ross, the daughter of Jackie and Dave Hansen. Jackie being Ross's daughter. This is clearly outlined on their web page and is verifiable through the Oregon Secretary of State Business look up which lists Judy as president.
I have a 19 year old Columbia jacket in goat skin, 20 year old westerns in goat skin and a Cascade in goat skin made this year for their 75th anniversary. The quality is the same on mine. Both jackets fit to a T. I have received nothing but high quality service and goods from them for the past 20 years. My uncle has a jacket made in the late 70s. If he didn't blow up his waist line in the past 40 years he'd still be wearing it. I fully expect to continue to wear my Langlitz until I die. Then I expect my family will be faced with the choice of burying me with them or passing them on to my progeny.
I also have Vanson and Schott jackets. They sit in my closet mostly gathering dust. Though both are high quality, they do not match either of my Langlitz jackets for quality or material and fit.
For inclement weather, which is a good portion of the winter here in the PNW, I wear Aerostich gear.

A few months ago I stumbled onto an amazing jacket from Japan made by an outfit called The Flat Head. Beautiful, beautiful hand-made horsehide black leather jacket. I paid about 15% of retail and have been smiling ever since. It's literally the nicest jacket I can conjure up in my minds-eye and then there it is! I'm gonna put that on, ahhhhhh. The point of this thread isn't to brag about my find, no, it's to stress that I hadn't even KNOWN about it prior to finding it online and then doing some research. There's others out there I'm sure.

So, R18 owners...we have folks here from around the globe: France, Thailand, California, South Africa, Poland, Pennsylvania, etc. What are you wearing? What niché leather boutique can you shine a light on and maybe inspire someone else to make an investment? Or if jackets is too narrow a topic, what gloves or pants or boots are you wearing? Any specific do's or don'ts?

Here's the jacket

View attachment 1059

it smells so good. holy freakin' shit.
Are kidding ... Horse hide..? Why not dog.. I don't think I can wrap my head around, nor my body using a horse...

Back