The price for a 600 miles in Las Vegas (euro cycle)

If you own the Ferrari for six years, and you’ve had it maintained twice, for example, you’ve probably spent close to $60,000 just for maintenance. That’s more than most new cars on the market today. It’s also close to the price of some other sport luxury vehicles, like BMWs.

All relative, just not leading with my chin or going in blind.
I guess when in Vegas that $hit stays in Vegas,LOL!

Fine line though R18C. If we don't support them, they cannot survive, then we have nowhere to buy a bike. Absolutely no way a dealership can stay in business by selling bikes alone. Nowhere near enough profit. They need to sell parts and service too. Unlike a Harley dealership, they probably don't make anything selling gear and t-shirts, so they need the parts and service profit to stay afloat.
Yeah, but that doesn't mean we should bend over for any amount they want. The thing is, at least with car dealerships, every customer represents a dollar amount in service and sales. It'a metric/KPI that the sales and service writers/managers have to meet. Those goals can change due to necessity or greed, usually higher. $850 for the 600 mile service is nuts. Absolutely nuts. Shouldn't be more than 3-400. The rest is absolute ADP or additional dealer profit. Considering the inflation rates and flat salaries on the consumer side, I wouldn't encourage it.

Sorry to be negative, but almost 2 hours for 600 mile service labor is ridiculous. 2 plugs (Drain and fill plugs) for final drive and literally the easiest oil change of any bike I've ever had (25 different bikes over 40 years). I don't dispute the importance of service shop revenues to the dealer. BUT, I'm happy to pay reasonable but 10% premium for honest and reliable service.

BUT, I'm happy to pay reasonable plus 10% premium for honest and reliable service.

I also notice the final drive lube was NOT recommended fluid.

I had negotiated my 600 mile break-in service to be included with the purchase of my 2022 R 18 B FE; the sales person told me it was a $550 value discount.

I had the first service complete two weekends ago with 945 miles on the bike; no issues and they completed it free of charge ( documented my service book as well ).

$850 seems pretty unreasonable...

I like wrenching on my bikes, oil changes, air filter, shaft fluids, battery maintenance, enhanced exhaust and accessory upgrades and such... It looks like I will need the dealership to reset the "Service Light Notification" though in the future?

I feel the need to scream this to everybody because I truly feel this is ridiculous. I got my R18 about a month ago and I stopped at eurocycle in Las Vegas for the 600 miles service. $850.07 USD!!! not joking take a look at my receipt.
If by any means BMW sees this post let me tell you I have had 3 BMW bikes and this is the first one I get in vegas since I moved here. Never in my life I have paid this for a service.
I would love to see the price other riders pay in other locations. God bless you all
DING BMW ON TWITTER . YOU WOULD BE AMAZED AT THE RESPONSE .

I feel the need to scream this to everybody because I truly feel this is ridiculous. I got my R18 about a month ago and I stopped at eurocycle in Las Vegas for the 600 miles service. $850.07 USD!!! not joking take a look at my receipt.
If by any means BMW sees this post let me tell you I have had 3 BMW bikes and this is the first one I get in vegas since I moved here. Never in my life I have paid this for a service.
I would love to see the price other riders pay in other locations. God bless you all
That's a lot, but, it's all about metrics. Every person that comes in for service(or to buy a bike) represents a fairly specific dollar amount in order to facilitate their profit goals/just to stay in business. With the costs of everything going up, so will this figure. Want they charged you is probably in line with that number. I think they hosed you on the diag though, but you asked for that. Also, I don't think the R18 uses SAF-XO. I thought it used something much more expensive. I recall it being $65 a pint.

IF THEY HAVE A FB OR TWITTER PAGE PUBLIC ATTENTION USUALLY BRINGS SURPRISING RESOLUTIONS. ALSO GO TO BMW MAIN TWITTER PAGE AND POST. You could be very surprised at the followup from BMW and Eurocycles. (From personal experience)

I had negotiated my 600 mile break-in service to be included with the purchase of my 2022 R 18 B FE; the sales person told me it was a $550 value discount.

I had the first service complete two weekends ago with 945 miles on the bike; no issues and they completed it free of charge ( documented my service book as well ).

$850 seems pretty unreasonable...

I like wrenching on my bikes, oil changes, air filter, shaft fluids, battery maintenance, enhanced exhaust and accessory upgrades and such... It looks like I will need the dealership to reset the "Service Light Notification" though in the future?
If you get a GS911 or use Motoscan on an Android device with the appropriate OBD2 connector, you can reset the service light. Or you can ignore it.

With supply chains broken in many markets, products are pricier. Couple this with a rising consumer price index on just about everything (inflation) added to the expensive nature of Vegas = a high priced service.

My Goodness I would not sleep for at least a week, all service there should be on approval after estimates beforehand ! !!

So does anyone know how to reset the service light notification without going back to the dealer? A month after my oil change and recall service for the front LED turn signal stalks, my service light came on. I guess my oil change was done early so the notification did not come on until after the service. My SF dealer will not just reset the notification without doing another oil change which of course is not due for another year. So far I just put duct tape on the check engine symbol in the dash and ignore the service warning until it goes out after a few miles. Help?

Search "OBDLinkLX" and or "GS911" there's a couple of tools that other forum members have purchased and recommend in order to perform this very task... amongst other services driven task..

You're probably looking at just over $100 - $250 to purchase an OBD-II tool; it probably pays for itself after the 1st time of use.

Last edited:
Search "OBDLinkLX" and or "GS911" there's a couple of tools that other forum members have purchased and recommend in order to perform this very task... amongst other services driven task..

You're probably looking at just over $100 - $250 to purchase an OBD-II tool; it probably pays for itself after the 1st time of use.
Well said ... I went the GS-911 route and never looked back.

I think you need to have the first service (600) miles, logged into BMWs computer, to not void the warranty. $850 seems crazy, gouging....but this is part and parcel to the brand. It's like buying a Patek Phillipe watch. In theory it's the top of the food chain and you are expecting to pay to be part of the "club". Obviously you'll stay to hell out of there if you can in the future. Probably the best way to look at it is....it's nice that you can afford the bike in the first place, and are in good enough shape to ride it. MANY that can afford to buy a dealership are physically unable to even consider riding a motorcycle....they can barely walk....
I had a cigarette type offshore boat......Brand new, but I had to keep upping the power until the boat was unreliable. When it ran, it was heaven on earth. But that was rare....if I break down the expense....it was ridiculous....instant divorce if my wife ever found out what I was spending....and mind numbing disappointment every other time I took it out....

So a BMW bike....cheap in this life...
Enjoy the ride....it goes quick.....

I think you need to have the first service (600) miles, logged into BMWs computer, to not void the warranty. $850 seems crazy, gouging....but this is part and parcel to the brand. It's like buying a Patek Phillipe watch. In theory it's the top of the food chain and you are expecting to pay to be part of the "club". Obviously you'll stay to hell out of there if you can in the future. Probably the best way to look at it is....it's nice that you can afford the bike in the first place, and are in good enough shape to ride it. MANY that can afford to buy a dealership are physically unable to even consider riding a motorcycle....they can barely walk....
I had a cigarette type offshore boat......Brand new, but I had to keep upping the power until the boat was unreliable. When it ran, it was heaven on earth. But that was rare....if I break down the expense....it was ridiculous....instant divorce if my wife ever found out what I was spending....and mind numbing disappointment every other time I took it out....

So a BMW bike....cheap in this life...
Enjoy the ride....it goes quick.....

I've haven't heard of the 600 mile service requirement in the forum; I did however, have my 600 mile breakin service performed by the BMW shop where I bought my 2022 R18 B. My 600 mile breakin service was free, I had negotiated the service, battery trickle charger and two BMW R18 T-shirts as part of my deal; the sales person told me the service was worth $500+ in value. (Not $800)

Maybe service prices doubled, like BMW OEM parts did recently?

Last edited:
Back