The price for a 600 miles in Las Vegas (euro cycle)

I feel the need to scream this to everybody because I truly feel this is ridiculous. I got my R18 about a month ago and I stopped at eurocycle in Las Vegas for the 600 miles service. $850.07 USD!!! not joking take a look at my receipt.
If by any means BMW sees this post let me tell you I have had 3 BMW bikes and this is the first one I get in vegas since I moved here. Never in my life I have paid this for a service.
I would love to see the price other riders pay in other locations. God bless you all

Attachments

• 8E4E0A84-AE1C-486F-8F27-A500013CCE0F.jpeg
    8E4E0A84-AE1C-486F-8F27-A500013CCE0F.jpeg
    980.7 KB · Views: 76
I feel the need to scream this to everybody because I truly feel this is ridiculous. I got my R18 about a month ago and I stopped at eurocycle in Las Vegas for the 600 miles service. $850.07 USD!!! not joking take a look at my receipt.
If by any means BMW sees this post let me tell you I have had 3 BMW bikes and this is the first one I get in vegas since I moved here. Never in my life I have paid this for a service.
I would love to see the price other riders pay in other locations. God bless you all
2 hours charged on a new bike for whistling noise,WTF?

Consumables pricing is in line with what they cost elsewhere. 1.8 hours for the service is roughly fair to me so $380-$420 is about what I'd expect for the required maintenance.

You're under warranty, I would escalate (Dealer can give you their information) to the BMW Motorrad Regional rep the 2 hours charge for diagnosing a sound and replacing rusted screws. That is likely a warranty claim but only if the whistle is a defect. The 2 hours they spent trying to find out where a noise was coming from is what made this so expensive.

Usually, dealers will charge me the time they spent hunting down a defect if it ends up not being a defect. If there's no warranty work, they can't put labor toward it or BMW will reject it and they'll end up eating that cost.

I'd start here - https://www.bmwmotorcycles.com/en/info/contact.html

Last edited:
I paid $550 for my TC’s 600 mile service. Valve check/adjustments are needed more frequently due to the non-water cooled engine.
BMW has found a way to increase valve clearence checks from 12,000 miles on a RT1200 to 6,000 on the R18.
I will be doing every 10,000

Buybarber - What was the whistling noise? I took my R18 out yesterday for the first ride and also heard a whistling noise when idling. Thought it was somewhere in the front, maybe engine but my hearing sucks so bad it's really hard to tell...

Thanks! Good to know... I told my pillion I thought it might be the fuel pump based on similar noises on other bikes, etc.

I hate to give advise but I must here, sorry I just can't help myself.

STAY OUTTA THE DEALERSHIPS unless you have no other choice :cautious:

I live in Vegas as well and just bought a R 18 B in LA because their selection of bikes was pitiful. I have a bike lift and plan to do my own servicing here at the house. Hearing this about the local business makes me feel that much better about going out of town. Sorry you got taken, hope the reginal rep gets you out of the other BS they charged you.

Assuming that the whistling noise is the typical fuel pump one (and it almost certainly is), there is a firmware fix. They definitely cover it. You shouldn't be charged for that, or anything else other than just the 600mile service.

Buybarber - What was the whistling noise? I took my R18 out yesterday for the first ride and also heard a whistling noise when idling. Thought it was somewhere in the front, maybe engine but my hearing sucks so bad it's really hard to tell...
Same with my bike I don’t think has nothing to do with wind, after some rides I noticed is more a squeaking noise than wind. They suppose to get the bike ready tomorrow I’ll update based on what this people say

I hate to give advise but I must here, sorry I just can't help myself.

STAY OUTTA THE DEALERSHIPS unless you have no other choice :cautious:
Fine line though R18C. If we don't support them, they cannot survive, then we have nowhere to buy a bike. Absolutely no way a dealership can stay in business by selling bikes alone. Nowhere near enough profit. They need to sell parts and service too. Unlike a Harley dealership, they probably don't make anything selling gear and t-shirts, so they need the parts and service profit to stay afloat.

Basically the Company is charging you issues that they should know are “factory” things. Ask them your money back because of the last Item, the noise is on them

Fine line though R18C. If we don't support them, they cannot survive, then we have nowhere to buy a bike. Absolutely no way a dealership can stay in business by selling bikes alone. Nowhere near enough profit. They need to sell parts and service too. Unlike a Harley dealership, they probably don't make anything selling gear and t-shirts, so they need the parts and service profit to stay afloat.
Prices go down when folks don't go to the any store/buisness and spend money.
If I remember correctly.Most folks here bought heavily discounted bikes with the lowest interest rates in the industry.Some say they "would not have even looked at the R18 except for the low prices.
When I purchased mine the MSRP was $24,000 and change.I got it for $17,500 and the advertised interest was 1.9%.
The interest went down to0.9% the next month and folks were paying $2-3,000 less for the same bike.By the way,good for them.
Yeah,keep your cash even if you are getting 1% on your money and take the cheap interest.Smart.
Again,and maybe I should have said "stay out of stealerships".Find your stuff online with discounts and tell the dealer.Hopefully the dealer gets the message.Maybe they will respect you and your money.
In 1999 you could not buy a Harley(not suggesting you would).Car dealers were buying them and selling them for $5-8,000 over msrp.
I hunted all over to find a HD dealer that sold MSRP.Tom @Rockville Maryland sold me one at MSRP.Bought lots of stuff from them.Why,because they were fair and I never needed vasoline or a pain killer during or after the purchase.

Last point.All motorcycles have discontinued models.Check it out,HD,Indian,MotoGuzzi have dropped some of their line the last 1-2 years.
Motoguzzi dropped the California,Triump dropped the Rocket Bagger,Indian dropped the Vintage bagger,HD dropped a few and although the LiveWire is its own brand HD killed it from their line.

Be well,just trying to be sensible.
BTW,

"I did try to be reasonable once,I didn't like it"

TK

R18C, well said.

I am a long dollar customer and literally go out of my way to support my shop as I get very fair pricing and outstanding customer service. I want to support them because of their business model and how it provides good/fair profit for them at a very good value to the customer. The bonus is this helps them further stand out from the other area shops as they have a very stable and knowledgeable staff in sales, service and parts providing a great blend of old school motorcycle dealer staffed with enthusiasts combined with the realities of modern OEM requirements and marketing demands.That said, I have also purchased items on line when a smoking deal was available.

To me there are many things with any premium Brand that can be pricey or even "stoopid money", but the added costs in the Vegas shop make me think of gouging or even fraud and they would never see another dime from me regardless the outcome if complaints are pursued.

R18C, well said.

I am a long dollar customer and literally go out of my way to support my shop as I get very fair pricing and outstanding customer service. I want to support them because of their business model and how it provides good/fair profit for them at a very good value to the customer. The bonus is this helps them further stand out from the other area shops as they have a very stable and knowledgeable staff in sales, service and parts providing a great blend of old school motorcycle dealer staffed with enthusiasts combined with the realities of modern OEM requirements and marketing demands.That said, I have also purchased items on line when a smoking deal was available.

To me there are many things with any premium Brand that can be pricey or even "stoopid money", but the added costs in the Vegas shop make me think of gouging or even fraud and they would never see another dime from me regardless the outcome if complaints are pursued.
I don't disagree.I was speaking in regards to the Stealership.Charging to look for a whistling noise diagnosis on a brand new bike with a warranty is ridicules, NO?
My dealer has been pretty good but they did put a $27.50 charge on my bike at the 600mile service for using the tool to service the bike,Lift adapter that allows the bike to be lifted.I posted it here awhile ago.I ask the dealer if they charged for any other tools to do the service?
I get shop supplies and as some of you know,I worked for Indian Motorcycle for a couple years after I retired from the hospital so,I do have input to the subject.We(our shop)never pulled BS like this.BTW, we only charged freight on our bikes,no prep.Nothing to prep.lol and actual doc fees.
Anyway the next time I had a BMW service no charge for the adaptor, go figure.
I will do my own services from here on out and I will support the dealer when they support me.

Oh,have you noticed almost everything is about $1000 haha.

Like I said,
I tried to be reasonable once.
I didn't like it...

Harley Davidson charges $600 for the service at 5,000 miles if it is a touring bike.

Back