Exhaust Servo

Thank you for the detailed explanation. It seems that I misinterpreted the whole thing and test rode it with the electrical connection off.

Do you think I harmed something? Should I worry about my current engine light or just reset it with an OBD2 device? The engine light is on eventhough I reattached the cables.

Thank you for the detailed explanation. It seems that I misinterpreted the whole thing and test rode it with the electrical connection off.

Do you think I harmed something? Should I worry about my current engine light or just reset it with an OBD2 device?
I actually don't know the answer to your question, I don't own an OBD tool; however, I did remove my entire servo assembly and installed the Servo Buddy modules on the electrical connectors and didn't trigger any alarms. My guess, you generated an error when you disconnected the electrical connection and performed a test ride; perhaps, use your OBD tool and check for error codes and perhaps try clearing them.

Reconnect everything (electrical) and see if things clear up; if not, try clearing as described earlier using your OBD tool..

Good luck..

Thanks again. First I will need to order an OBD tool. I was planning to buy one anyway for service light reset.

My only gripe now is, the r1800wiki page for this “test” seems to be misleading. I am looking at the page again and to me it seems like it is advising to disconnect the electrical connections for the test drive which will then prompt the permanent engine light after the electrical connections are reattached. https://www.r1800wiki.org/en/2024/05/12/klappensteuerung-auspuff/

Or is my English level not sufficient and it is advising the same thing as you?

Thanks again. First I will need to order an OBD tool. I was planning to buy one anyway for service light reset.

My only gripe now is, the r1800wiki page for this “test” seems to be misleading. I am looking at the page again and to me it seems like it is advising to disconnect the electrical connections for the test drive which will then prompt the permanent engine light after the electrical connections are reattached. https://www.r1800wiki.org/en/2024/05/12/klappensteuerung-auspuff/

Or is my English level not sufficient and it is advising the same thing as you?
I'm not sure, I'm not an R1800wiki forum member and I'm not sure what direction was published...? I feel like the direction that you get here, is from forum members who have actually performed the work as described...

Purchase ServoBuddy modules (you'll need two), and perhaps see if the error code clears on its own; I think I remember reading that another forum member solved a similar problem as what you described...

Use the search function, there's a lot of discussion around this particular topic; if I find it - I'll include it..

I'm not sure, I'm not an R1800wiki forum member and I'm not sure what direction was published...? I feel like the direction that you get here, is from forum members who have actually performed the work as described...

Purchase ServoBuddy modules (you'll need two), and perhaps see if the error code clears on its own; I think I remember reading that another forum member solved a similar problem as what you described...

Use the search function, there's a lot of discussion around this particular topic; if I find it - I'll include it..
Yes, removing the servo unit is one loose bolt easy. Could be the easiest thing to remove in the entire bike.

The cables are just that, cables, Pretty self explanatory once you get under and look at it. Just cut them if you want. They default to open. But there is really no need. They are easy to take off.

When I got under the bike to remove the exhaust servos, I was surprised how quickly that one bolt in the middle dropped the entire unit. I did have to undo the cables from the holders is a couple places, but by then there was slack to release the anchors. Probably best to buy a set of servo-buddies from RevZilla before remove the unit.

Yes, removing the servo unit is one loose bolt easy. Could be the easiest thing to remove in the entire bike.

The cables are just that, cables, Pretty self explanatory once you get under and look at it. Just cut them if you want. They default to open. But there is really no need. They are easy to take off.
The first couple of pages within this thread has some very detailed pictures and explanations of this process; I'd suggest, given the entire thread a read and go out and tackle it on your bike...

Back