Exhaust Servo

I removed the servo completely today and put 2x healtech servo eliminators. Here is my 2 cents:

The sound improvement at low RPM is not worth it IMO. (I didn’t see any worthwhile improvement when I tested it unplugging the electrical cables to the servo anyway.). Maybe this applies only to my setup, as I have the 100 years model with the Akrapovic exhaust. The sound improvement maybe worthwhile with other exhausts, especially the shorties I guess…

I went ahead and did this mod anyway, based on opinions in this forum, thinking that restriction in the exhaust unnecessarily increases heat in slow traffic (or stopping for red light). Weight savings are minimal but I wanted to remove the servo anyway, thinking that the simpler the better. Also, one less exhaust component which can theoretically fail should be a positive thing. (I assume it is not a certainty for it to fail to 100% open.)

As far as the ease of doing this modification goes…. Although it is not extremely difficult, I don’t agree that it is the easiest part to remove on the bike. Remember though, I am not a retired mechanic or anything, so maybe for some people this whole process could be a piece of cake. Standing on its side stand, reaching to the low side (shifter side) from below is easy, both to remove the torx bolt and to loosen the nut of the cables as well as the cables themselves. Reaching the high side however, is more difficult. Accessing the torx bolt on the plastic cover of the disc seems to be only possible with an L shaped T25 key. Taking off the main body of the servo is easy, as the single bolt holding it isn’t tight at all. Once the nuts are loosened, and the main servo body is taken down, removing the cable anchors from their slots is much easier.

I am attaching the photo of the servo I had removed and how I fixed the servo eliminators under the bike.

Attachments

• IMG_3364.jpeg
    IMG_3364.jpeg
    2.6 MB · Views: 12
  • IMG_3365.jpeg
    IMG_3365.jpeg
    4.2 MB · Views: 12
  • IMG_3368.jpeg
    IMG_3368.jpeg
    2.8 MB · Views: 11
  • IMG_3369.jpeg
    IMG_3369.jpeg
    3.6 MB · Views: 11
Last edited:
I’ve recently done the same thing, maybe 6 weeks ago. Yea, it’s not ‘night and day’ different but I can hear an increase in ‘growl’ say pulling away or giving it a bit up a steep incline at low speeds. All these mods are subjective and we all value the pros/cons differently based on our tastes. I have the fishtails though so maybe that’s the difference, I love them and they are deffo staying on!

I invested in scissor jacks ages ago so working under mine is easier, a motorcycle lift would be the ultimate luxury but it’s not necessary for what I plan to do (routine oil change etc).

Forum feedback is always useful though because we all learn from doing these things 👍

Back