Corbin Saddles for the R-18...

I went to the BMW dealer today and sat for about 10 minutes on the side of the R18 Classic looking at pictures of the Corbin Dual Touring Saddle and the Weekender to see what I liked. I spoke to the parts department and they wouldn’t take back the Weekender. I also found out it appears the Weekender should be about an inch taller than a stock Classic seat. Someone had previously posted that the Dual Touring seat was 3” taller than stock for them but I understand Corbin asks you your height when ordering so it’s unclear how much taller the Corbin would be for me?

I ended up putting in an order for a Weekender. I’d definitely be willing to give Corbin a try but I was able to get 10% off the Weekender because I just bought the bike and I got a parts discount and I saved another 6.25% because it’s tax free weekend in my state which was almost a $300 difference from the Corbin (including shipping). I figure if the Weekender isn’t what I want I could resell it and get a Corbin.

It’s too bad there isn’t a Corbin dealer in the Northeast. I would have liked to try one out. I really appreciate all of your comments.

Thanks,

Tom

Corbins are great seats I have found. Had I given it more thought I could have spent the extra money for one instead of getting the Weekender seat with back rest. Probably would have been a better seat. Only have 65 miles on my R18 presently though seat feels good I figure vs the stock one. Back rest is nice though you feel the bumps when resting against it.

Corbins are great seats I have found. Had I given it more thought I could have spent the extra money for one instead of getting the Weekender seat with back rest. Probably would have been a better seat. Only have 65 miles on my R18 presently though seat feels good I figure vs the stock one. Back rest is nice though you feel the bumps when resting against it.
Motoring, I am willing to bet, that your suspension is set to "shipping" condition. Way off, from where it should be. It only takes a few minutes to set it correctly, and changes the ride completely.

Last edited:
Agree about the backrest issue with the bumps

How do you chk if in the shipping mode? haven't found that setting yet!
Page 58 in the owners manual, shows how to set the pre-load, i.e. rear suspension. Use that info, to set it, using your weight and gear. It doesn't state the factory setting. But, the factory setting is, hard as a rock, and will jar your back, and teeth.

Back