BT Moto...the customer is always wrong!

Sucks we have to air dirty laundry on the forum.

Our forum member here Enzo5000 filed a chargeback on the product that he received and tuned his motorcycle with. For those of you who don't know what a chargeback is, it's when you contact your credit card company and tell them you were unhappy with or did not receive the product that you ordered. The credit card company always sides with the customer and we are out the money we charged along with shipping and an additional $15 fee. A pretty decent hit. A chargeback cannot be started by anyone but the customer themselves. While it is a great feature of credit cards and something I've personally had to use before, it also has been used maliciously for the past few years by scammers worldwide. We deal with a few of these per year unfortunately so I have a process to cover ourselves the best we can.

Since I sent him a file, I knew he had received the device and I had not received any negative feedback so it couldn't be that he was unhappy with the product. Initially it came through on my side as a "fraud inquiry" which I have seen before. So being that we had previous communication and emailed quickly and efficiently, I sent Enzo a message in regards to the "fraud inquiry" and let him know that it was a charge from us and the business name (BG Consulting group). I never heard back from him when usually he'd reply quickly. The following week the actual chargeback came through and the money was deducted from our account.

You can see my contact here:

51938328515_59c9080d61_c.jpg

At this point I had already tried to make contact unsuccessfully, I figured I'd go the method that I have used before and almost always garners a very quick reply -- tell the customer there was a bug in their file. Small white lie to at least get the stock file on the bike so the "customer" no longer has our tune, a small win in my book even if I'm out the nearly $700. So after telling the customer this, he replied within 3 minutes, mind you this was to and from the same email we used previously and the same email thread we had all our communication with. I let the customer know to put the stock file on the bike and then we reset the device deleting the tuned files from the handheld so it could not be used. I tried to call Enzo the next day and was routed to voicemail directly as he most likely has any "unknown" calls blocked to voicemail immediately. He called me back quickly after telling him this via email.

When we talked, I let Enzo know that there was in fact no problem with the file itself but that he never replied to my chargeback note to which there were some grumblings about "I don't know what that is" and other stuff that I have heard before. I told him I'd send him the chargeback report. He called me back within 1-2 minutes and was more angry this time telling me that he "didn't file a chargeback" and some other notes that about his finances and how well known in the area he is. I asked him if maybe his accountant or wife issued the chargeback and he claimed that was not a chance. He did offer to pay for it on this second phone call, which we processed and cordially hung up agreeing that we both wasted each others time so it is pretty surprising to see this thread here. I had his bike tuned again the same day without issue.

Enzo knew damn well that he filed a chargeback and got called out on it. Credit card companies don't just log into your account and say hmm this is a fraudulent charge and mark it as such. If he had replied to my initial email inquiry we would have never been in this position. Claiming he is a victim here is comical as I'm the one who was out the $700.

Chargeback report below:

51938328575_0d606b4731_c.jpg

I did nothing of the sort. Perhaps the CC company did it without my knowledge, but again, good customer service and a simple telephone call would have easily and quickly resolved the problem. I'm out!

So a person knows they've stolen something from you. [canceled the charge]

Further, they know that you know that they've stolen something. [received multiple emails]

And that same person now accepts help with the thing they've stolen from the business they stole it from? [reboot because "bug"]

No.

The situation is entirely explainable by miscommunication, not deception. I mean other than BT lying about a bug.

i seriously doubt it. smart of you to delete that post.

it appears that @BT Moto has the date and time stamped email thread between you two and date stamped email information from his bank as facts to substantiate their side of the issue. i would have FULLY expected that by now you would have contacted your bank to confirm how and why they initiated the chargeback. possibly you could share with us their response to substantiate your side?

Last edited:
So a person knows they've stolen something from you. [canceled the charge]

Further, they know that you know that they've stolen something. [received multiple emails]

And that same person now accepts help with the thing they've stolen from the business they stole it from? [reboot because "bug"]

No.

The situation is entirely explainable by miscommunication, not deception. I mean other than BT lying about a bug.
chargebacks are direct communication not miscommunication. and they are regrettably becoming common. have a google search.

With a reputable company in good standing it is naive to assume it was initiated by the bank. But who knows. hopefully Enzo can provide us with some facts

edit. https://www.chargebackgurus.com/blog/official-chargeback-faq

Last edited:
I did nothing of the sort. Perhaps the CC company did it without my knowledge, but again, good customer service and a simple telephone call would have easily and quickly resolved the problem. I'm out!

You did. And I can't call you, the phone goes straight to voicemail if I'm not in your contacts so it wouldn't have made a difference either way. It's a shame you had to try to drag us through the mud because of your own doings. A non-guilty party would not be so angry, a non-guilty party would have contacted their bank in regards to the chargeback which you did not do. I'm assuming this isn't your first go around, just the first time you got caught and called out publicly on it.

You did. And I can't call you, the phone goes straight to voicemail if I'm not in your contacts so it wouldn't have made a difference either way. It's a shame you had to try to drag us through the mud because of your own doings. A non-guilty party would not be so angry, a non-guilty party would have contacted their bank in regards to the chargeback which you did not do. I'm assuming this isn't your first go around, just the first time you got caught and called out publicly on it.

Wow. An admitted liar calling a known and established member a thief. That's something.

Hey BT, I haven't installed the tune I bought, i'm returning it.

chargebacks are direct communication not miscommunication. and they are regrettably becoming common. have a google search.

With a reputable company in good standing it is naive to assume it was initiated by the bank. But who knows. hopefully Enzo can provide us with some facts

edit. https://www.chargebackgurus.com/blog/official-chargeback-faq

The charge was inadvertently cancelled because it wasn't recognized as titled. Either Enzo did it and forgot or someone in his household did. Simplest explanation. Easy to do, easy to imagine. Emails were missed. Again, easy to do. And then things pretty much went off the rails.

Sucks we have to air dirty laundry on the forum.

Our forum member here Enzo5000 filed a chargeback on the product that he received and tuned his motorcycle with. For those of you who don't know what a chargeback is, it's when you contact your credit card company and tell them you were unhappy with or did not receive the product that you ordered. The credit card company always sides with the customer and we are out the money we charged along with shipping and an additional $15 fee. A pretty decent hit. A chargeback cannot be started by anyone but the customer themselves. While it is a great feature of credit cards and something I've personally had to use before, it also has been used maliciously for the past few years by scammers worldwide. We deal with a few of these per year unfortunately so I have a process to cover ourselves the best we can.

Since I sent him a file, I knew he had received the device and I had not received any negative feedback so it couldn't be that he was unhappy with the product. Initially it came through on my side as a "fraud inquiry" which I have seen before. So being that we had previous communication and emailed quickly and efficiently, I sent Enzo a message in regards to the "fraud inquiry" and let him know that it was a charge from us and the business name (BG Consulting group). I never heard back from him when usually he'd reply quickly. The following week the actual chargeback came through and the money was deducted from our account.

You can see my contact here:

51938328515_59c9080d61_c.jpg

At this point I had already tried to make contact unsuccessfully, I figured I'd go the method that I have used before and almost always garners a very quick reply -- tell the customer there was a bug in their file. Small white lie to at least get the stock file on the bike so the "customer" no longer has our tune, a small win in my book even if I'm out the nearly $700. So after telling the customer this, he replied within 3 minutes, mind you this was to and from the same email we used previously and the same email thread we had all our communication with. I let the customer know to put the stock file on the bike and then we reset the device deleting the tuned files from the handheld so it could not be used. I tried to call Enzo the next day and was routed to voicemail directly as he most likely has any "unknown" calls blocked to voicemail immediately. He called me back quickly after telling him this via email.

When we talked, I let Enzo know that there was in fact no problem with the file itself but that he never replied to my chargeback note to which there were some grumblings about "I don't know what that is" and other stuff that I have heard before. I told him I'd send him the chargeback report. He called me back within 1-2 minutes and was more angry this time telling me that he "didn't file a chargeback" and some other notes that about his finances and how well known in the area he is. I asked him if maybe his accountant or wife issued the chargeback and he claimed that was not a chance. He did offer to pay for it on this second phone call, which we processed and cordially hung up agreeing that we both wasted each others time so it is pretty surprising to see this thread here. I had his bike tuned again the same day without issue.

Enzo knew damn well that he filed a chargeback and got called out on it. Credit card companies don't just log into your account and say hmm this is a fraudulent charge and mark it as such. If he had replied to my initial email inquiry we would have never been in this position. Claiming he is a victim here is comical as I'm the one who was out the $700.

Chargeback report below:

51938328575_0d606b4731_c.jpg
Although this is essentially a private matter, the fact that so many of us purchased this product in good faith left some of us a little concerned. Whilst in no way denigrating Enzo who I truly believe was telling the truth as he saw it, I appreciate your thorough explanation of what occurred from your side. Sadly it seems a communications glitch has caused some bad feeling. Having purchased your product but not yet been home to install it, I feel more reassured that I can expect a decent service from you should it be required. Thank you.

The charge was inadvertently cancelled because it wasn't recognized as titled. Either Enzo did it and forgot or someone in his household did. Simplest explanation. Easy to do, easy to imagine. Emails were missed. Again, easy to do. And then things pretty much went off the rails.

I gave him both of those outs and he said neither were the case. No emails prior were missed, no emails after were missed. Just this lone email asking about the chargeback. Odd.

Perhaps time for the admins to get involved. We have both sides of the story and time to move on. I feel very bad for all concerned but no good will come from turning this into a slanging match. This saga does not diminish my respect for either party and shows the absolute importance of direct communication.

cancelled by whom is the question. i believe they nicely suggested asking other family members, accountants etc.

Let's face it guys:

- it was cancelled on the buyers end, on purpose or not. end of story.

-@BT Moto contacted them to get it sorted and suggested maybe it was the spouse or accountant. (solution oriented)

-When questioned instead of looking into that possibility they got defensive and pissy. (not solution oriented)

-if he did not cancel it, taking a moment to check with the wife or accountant for who did would have solved everything.

Assuming no fraudulent intent by anyone, i would buy from @BT Moto before selling to @enzo5000 he has provided zero evidence to support his side of his tale.

sorry but for me, having the vast skill it takes to sign up on an forum that i happen to be a member of does not hold much water for me. being a long standing company with a great product, excellent reviews and great customer service holds some water.

did i mention zero facts...

Last edited:
Yep - this should be put to bed now, just embarrasing TBH.

Enzo - you, or someone with the authority to do so, cancelled the funds & set about a chargeback on your credit card (for whatever reason - who knows). The bank didn't just do it for fun. Maybe a mistake, but either way - it was done.

I'm not impressed by the conduct of brentune either though, either commenting here or contacting Enzo to break his tune. I like business contacts to take the classy route & keep things private.

Time to move on.

Assuming no fraudulent intent by anyone, i would buy from @BT Moto before selling to @enzo5000 he has provided zero evidence to support his side of his tale.

sorry for me, having the vast skill it takes to sign up on an forum that i happen to be a member of does not hold much water for me. being a long standing company with a great product, excellent reciew and great customer service holds some water.

did i mention zero facts...
What evidence could he possibly produce? How do you prove that he didn’t know the charges were cancelled? Or that he didn’t see the emails? Ya can’t. So you take his word for it because 1) he’s a long-standing fellow member and he deserves the benefit of the doubt and 2) it’s an entirely reasonable conclusion to reach.

What evidence could he possibly produce? How do you prove that he didn’t know the charges were cancelled? Or that he didn’t see the emails? Ya can’t. So you take his word for it because 1) he’s a long-standing fellow member and he deserves the benefit of the doubt and 2) it’s an entirely reasonable conclusion to reach.
simply contact the bank and ask for the record of the chargeback request. easy peasy.

the email thread is real. the bank communication is real. "wasnt me wasnt me wasn't me, they are the bad guy. doesn't cut it.

enzo may be the greatest guy in the world. we may get along fine. he may be a serial con artist. being a member of a forum is completely anonymous. i have zero ideas who any of you are and what your background is. i am not sure why you hold membership to a forum in such high regard.

My question is:

Did you get the situation resolved and so you can tune and flash your bike?

Thx

Back