BT Moto...the customer is always wrong!

enzo5000

I’ve been enjoying the BT Moto Stage One flash for a few weeks now and then this happened.

My credit card company inadvertently declined the charge back in February for my BT Moto Flasher tool. I was not informed of this and was never contacted. BT Moto says they sent me multiple emails which I never received, this point is disputed. Then BT Moto thinking I was some scammer tricked me into deleting the tune saying there was a major glitch in the software on my bike. I complied gladly not wanting to damage an expensive motorcycle. I reset the ECU to the OEM factory settings. Then and only then did they want to talk on the phone to inform me of the declined CC charge. I called and got it re billed immediately. There was never anything wrong with my Stage One tune in the first place. The whole thing was deceptive.

Now I have to start all over with the whole process of getting a new MYGenius file, questionnaire and re map. I don’t know what kind of people they are used to dealing with, but he/they basically accused me of stealing the device and software wasting multiple hours of my time and theirs. I was 1st. on the list for the R18 Forum Group Buy Discount and have an excellent reputation in both business and on this Forum.

A quick simple telephone call should have been done and this whole cluster f**k could have been avoided. In the future I will not ever be buying any of this outfits products. Their distrust of their clients, horrible “bed side manner”, and condescending attitude toward me was totally uncalled for. Riders like us who routinely spend 20, 25 and 30K on a motorcycle aren’t really the demographic that would go to the trouble of stealing a few hundred bucks of hardware and software from a tuning company. I was not even offered an apology for the misunderstanding and basically called a liar as well as a thief. In this uber competitive world this bad business practice will never result in long term success.

I’m sure BT Motos rebuttal will be “rich”!

Yikes. That’s some sketchy business right there. And even more insulting because you were a major supporter of the group buy. I hope it doesn’t taint the purchase too much and that whomever you dealt with offers an apology.

Do you still have the modded Tune stored in the handheld? If so, you should just be able to re-flash it again.
No. I was also deceived into doing a complete factory reset so the modded tune was lost as well. A lot of wasted hours, swear words and boiling blood pressure yesterday! A customer service nightmare for sure.

wow. quite a messy past. mistakes were made.

that said, for the second time around, the fix should be quick and easy and you will be on your way.

Sorry to hear of this Enzo.
As mentioned earlier, perhaps BrenTune can provide some explanation as to why a phone call couldn’t have been made or a quiet word to one of the moderators on here. Why couldn’t they have brought up the subject of payment if they were able to get a response concerning the tune?

Bren Tune came here only to sell its product. Not any answer for a good costumer shows us that
Not defending any party involved here, but from my understanding, BrenTune was the only provider to step up with a tune. They also stepped up and provided a pretty decent discount. Yes, 20+ buyers bought from them, but nobody is getting rich on 20 customers. Had they not come forward, there would still be a want/demand for a solution. Bad customer service is never excusable however.

Not defending any party involved here, but from my understanding, BrenTune was the only provider to step up with a tune. They also stepped up and provided a pretty decent discount. Yes, 20+ buyers bought from them, but nobody is getting rich on 20 customers. Had they not come forward, there would still be a want/demand for a solution. Bad customer service is never excusable however.
That’s ok, but still waiting here to hear their “side of the history” and eventually one “I’m sorry” to Enzo. But no, they where here only to sell

if you have no knowledge it is best to remain quiet.
Thank you.Sometimes sad to say,things just go sideways.I can only offer my expierence and try to keep a open mind since there isn't much in there anyway;)
There were over 25 BT/Moto tuners bought with the group buy. One, that had a bad expierence.Thats 4% of the total sold here.I would like to think in more positive terms that 96% of the folks here are satisfied with their purchase. Seems to be a lotta hate now days and I get it.Nobody wants to be singled out or feel cheated.
I do hope the issue gets resolved without a lynch party.

Thank you.Sometimes sad to say,things just go sideways.I can only offer my expierence and try to keep a open mind since there isn't much in there anyway;)
There were over 25 BT/Moto tuners bought with the group buy. One, that had a bad expierence.Thats 4% of the total sold here.I would like to think in more positive terms that 96% of the folks here are satisfied with their purchase. Seems to be a lotta hate now days and I get it.Nobody wants to be singled out or feel cheated.
I do hope the issue gets resolved without a lynch party.
Add me to the list of "unsatisfied" because BTMoto seems to have done their level best to screw over one of our own.

When I got involved and asked BT/Moto to do the group buy after I bought my tuner, a little voice in my head said"NO GOOD DEED GOES UNPUNISHED".LOL!

That being said.I hope this forum continues helping folks exchange information and educate.I do thank and am grateful for the positive feedback from people whom are interested in being a fellow R18 enthusiast.
To give a history of my membership.I remember when I first joined this group I was attacked by a "guy",on this forum that had all the answers.Not wanting to continue having my character slimed and being the butt of his BS,I asked the Administrator to completely delete my account and then rejoined a month later under the Joker Guise R18C.After I rejoined the forum,I used the ignore button for that"guy".It kinda sucked because this "guy"had a base of knowledge in areas that were most helpful to all of us.But,he just could not help himself and went out of his way to be rude to enough people that he got BANNED.
I don't miss him, that "guy" at all.

Other than getting a sales pitch,"THEY ALL DO THAT"or "WE DON"T KNOW",from the dealer when I ask a question.This is the only place to find honest help about our NEW 1800 BMWs from folks that care about the passion exhibited here.
This is our little sandbox,play nice and Please,I ask.Be respectful.

Add me to the list of "unsatisfied" because BTMoto seems to have done their level best to screw over one of our own.
I will answer your reply to me:

Crazy as it is, his credit card company actually started this little merry go round. Now we need to lynch the company(& the only option to tune our R18s) that gave a group buy discount.

You can add to your list and count yourself as 1 or if dissatisfied with BT/Moto they can be contacted directly and folks are free to open a dispute with their credit card company.

Last edited by a moderator:
Back