Brentune completed!

moleculo

Tonight I did the initial Brentune and then went for about a 20 minute ride. Wow - big difference. That flat spot between 3K-4K RPM is gone and the motor accelerates as it should smoothly through the entire RPM band. The throttle response is night and day, especially when cruising and hitting the gas (to blow through that stop light ;) ) I like to cruise about 3K RPM, which I feel gives me the option to hit the gas and deliver immediate power or shift down/up as desired. That flat spot that was there with the stock tuning was a bummer for my ride style....no morel So with some simple mods: DNA stage 2 filter, drilled out exhaust, the motor breathes better and with the Brentune, the way the bike runs is better in every way. If you're on the fence about this purchase & procedure, get off the fence.

BTW, I also noticed a little more pleasant (aggressive) exhaust tone with the BT...I noticed it right away.

Tonight I did the initial Brentune and then went for about a 20 minute ride. Wow - big difference. That flat spot between 3K-4K RPM is gone and the motor accelerates as it should smoothly through the entire RPM band. The throttle response is night and day, especially when cruising and hitting the gas (to blow through that stop light ;) ) I like to cruise about 3K RPM, which I feel gives me the option to hit the gas and deliver immediate power or shift down/up as desired. That flat spot that was there with the stock tuning was a bummer for my ride style....no morel So with some simple mods: DNA stage 2 filter, drilled out exhaust, the motor breathes better and with the Brentune, the way the bike runs is better in every way. If you're on the fence about this purchase & procedure, get off the fence.

BTW, I also noticed a little more pleasant (aggressive) exhaust tone with the BT...I noticed it right away.
Who did you send your electronics control unit to so that it could be flashed?

What DNA filter did you get ? is it the same one for all R18's models ?
I believe it is common to all R18’s. Just looked on the DNA website and chose the one for the bike. (Stage 2 with holding bracket)Was initially recommended to me by R18C and Alex B on this forum.
Just wondering if I might need to swap back to stock for service or will the warranty allow modified filter?

I believe it is common to all R18’s. Just looked on the DNA website and chose the one for the bike. (Stage 2 with holding bracket)Was initially recommended to me by R18C and Alex B on this forum.
Just wondering if I might need to swap back to stock for service or will the warranty allow modified filter?
Just tell the dealer you don't need the air filter serviced.If you care to tell them you have a reusable air filter it is up to you.My dealer is not apposed to the Bren Tune or the A/C so,no issue for me.If they were not,I would find another dealer.
Gday,TK

I initially bought just the filter and installed it myself. Later In bought the DNA stage 2 filter cover right when the 600 mile service was due. My dealer didn't even charge me when I asked them to swap the cover. I can't imagine any dealer giving you crap for installing this.

Back