BMW (Mustang) Seat options breakdown

View attachment 5762I haven’t seen a shot of the Vintage Fastback seat yet. It is fairly firm with a pronounced arch for your back. The length allows movement forward and back to adjust position fairly easily. It only has about 300 miles on it so it is certainly not broken in yet. I have a bad back from a car accident so the jury is out for as to seat comfort. I find myself moving around after 30 minutes to stretch out my back. I haven’t measured the height but I am 5’6” with a 30” inseam and I can flat foot the bike without shoes on.

A side shot is HERE.
Hated this seat in every way couldnt do 70 miles on it

Picked up my BMW R 18 Classic Day Rider Seats & Backrest today. Very comfortable so far, will take it out this afternoon for a ride to check out. Will put me over 500 miles on the bike, so will be ready for first service after this. Still awaiting the floorboards and heel/toe shifter to come in at Wooly's Cycles of Atlanta. When at Wooly's today, there were two more R 18 Classics on the sale floor.
Completely separate question off topic, but what front wheel chock is that? I am looking for one and it looks like it fits perfectly with no damage to rim or fender

View attachment 5762I haven’t seen a shot of the Vintage Fastback seat yet. It is fairly firm with a pronounced arch for your back. The length allows movement forward and back to adjust position fairly easily. It only has about 300 miles on it so it is certainly not broken in yet. I have a bad back from a car accident so the jury is out for as to seat comfort. I find myself moving around after 30 minutes to stretch out my back. I haven’t measured the height but I am 5’6” with a 30” inseam and I can flat foot the bike without shoes on.

A side shot is HERE.
For those with a bad back, I think the Russell Day-Long seat (with a backrest) would be therapeutic.

Dealer does not have a Weekender in stock so his call if he wants to order one though realize I might not upgrade to it from the Day Rider. The weekender woud be the best inbetween pick (looks vs comfort) instead of going large with the Cross County seat.

Me thinks, though I won’t like the look, I should end up getting the Cross County. The short rear travel of 3.5” makes me ‘feel’ I will benefit from the most seat cushioning I can get on a seat. I have always loved Corbin, firm in the beginning though never had the foam bottom out when my ass was on it riding. They make great seats. For the $200 upgrade the dealer is charging me I will do the Cross County. Will check my notes, thinking it allows for rider base rest. Sadly it only comes in Black.

Dealer does not have a Weekender in stock so his call if he wants to order one though realize I might not upgrade to it from the Day Rider. The weekender woud be the best inbetween pick (looks vs comfort) instead of going large with the Cross County seat.

Me thinks, though I won’t like the look, I should end up getting the Cross County. The short rear travel of 3.5” makes me ‘feel’ I will benefit from the most seat cushioning I can get on a seat. I have always loved Corbin, firm in the beginning though never had the foam bottom out when my ass was on it riding. They make great seats. For the $200 upgrade the dealer is charging me I will do the Cross County. Will check my notes, thinking it allows for rider base rest. Sadly it only comes in Black.
The Crosscountry is ugly. Trust me.

Lol, no doubt. I have a 30” inseam and if it is the widest seat uncertain how flat footed I would be else feel at a light comfort wise. That and no brown color.

The Day Rider is a great compromise when it comes to comfort and the lines of the bike. For longer journeys, just add a pair of cycle shorts to the mix.

Have you now correctly set your rear suspension? I hardly ever have mine bottom out anymore but when it does, it doesn’t half give a jolt.

Back