R18 with Pro-Race exhaust?? Opinions

Yes… we are of the same lol. I’m loving it with no slip on. Just need to know what happens with no cat.
It’s too bad we’re not neighbors. I would’ve liked to soak up your expertise on the DNA filter and BT Moto tune over good bourbon ! I always thought that no tuning is necessary when changing to a straight thru mufflers or no mufflers. But changing to a DNA filter would make it a necessity. Improved performance would be nice but improved performance sound would be fantastic!!

It’s too bad we’re not neighbors. I would’ve liked to soak up your expertise on the DNA filter and BT Moto tune over good bourbon ! I always thought that no tuning is necessary when changing to a straight thru mufflers or no mufflers. But changing to a DNA filter would make it a necessity. Improved performance would be nice but improved performance sound would be fantastic!!
I would love nothing more than this experience. Since the forum is what we got. I was on the fence for the filter then the tune then the exhaust.. all well worth it. Every time I did the mod I thought to myself.. “why did I wait!”

I get it....I modified everything that moved for decades....it was an obsession to get every possible ounce of power out of everything I had and have custom made parts created if they didn't exist. What happened is I was always so concerned with how it's running, did I hear a noise, et.et. that I was no longer able to just enjoy the experience of being out there....and of course when you over modify something you start taking unnecessary risks.
Like....I increased the torque on my Harley with a JIms 120 race motor the brakes even though they were replaced barely stopped the bike. I had a 1000 hp ( detuned to 1000) 585 tall deck Paul Pfaff race motor blown and intercooled made for my boat....but kept breaking drives because even taking it easy no drive could handle the torque...
Anyway....that's just me....I'm too old, dumb, and burnt out for that kinda shit anymore.
I bought the 23 anniversay R18. Gonna throw the Bren tune in it and change the air filter....and try like hell to leave it at that!!!
Cheers...
I bet you won’t succeed in leaving it alone!! I am in my mid 70’s and thought I’d purchase an R18 and ride it like a gentleman but no I had add $5k plus to give it my touch. It is probably just the beginning. Life is too short and never want act my age!!

Wow!! I would really be pushing it if I was to ride my R18 w/o mufflers in my HiltonHead Sun City retirement community!! I am already pushing it w my 1933 streetrod w a blower😁. I love the sound and titanium look of the full Pro Race system😎
Well in response. I went with the full system ( waiting for it be delivered ).. I already have the DNA filter & Bt Moto Tune on the bike. I just want that deeper tone without it sounding like a rolling sewing machine. I know its the characteristic but.... I prefer to feel like Im riding an engine with 2 wheels. As far as performance goes.. Im waiting to see for myself, Ive been riding around without the slips ons.. but I still have the cats installed. Its still very much more responsive.
I am curious. You already have the DNA filter and BT Moto Tune on your bike w no mufflers. Do you still hear characteristics of a sewing machine? The full titanium Pro Race should provide a deeper tone but can the BTM tune change really change the characteristic sound? The BT Moto tune is beyond my scope at the moment.

ummm at idle slightly still hear the sewing going on.. but nothing like before.. I would say 85% less. When I get the pipes maybe it will be even better. TBH the tune really does help..

Good Day! My Pro Race is out for delivery as I type!.. so im planning on making a vid with unboxing and install and thoughts. Please advise any things you would like to see in this vid. Any and all suggestions welcome.

Good Day! My Pro Race is out for delivery as I type!.. so im planning on making a vid with unboxing and install and thoughts. Please advise any things you would like to see in this vid. Any and all suggestions welcome.
Wow!! I’ll be right there to provide a helping hand on installation!! I would like to see what it actually looks like on the R18. I also would like to hear awesome sound out of that massive motor!!

Wow!! I’ll be right there to provide a helping hand on installation!! I would like to see what it actually looks like on the R18. I also would like to hear awesome sound out of that massive motor!!
I wonder what the performance difference if any will be. The looks are one thing, and the sound, just wondering how it effects the performance so I'll wait to hear.
I have a lot of experience swapping out pipes on Harely's, then Dyno'ing the bike to see how the various exhausts changed the torque curve. A 2 into 1 system always gave me the best power/ torque in a usable RPM range.
The longer pipes had the best back pressure creating the best reverb through the pipes. My experience with shorter pipes was that the off the line acceleration was good, then a huge flat spot.....which I interpret as a lack of back pressure et.
Anyway...good luck....

Okay install done... it will take me a bit to edit and get this vid together.. BUT some quick things I have to say. What an amazing outcome. I love the way it sounds and the way it makes the bike lighter. The install was not easy due to it being a custom made part (per order) I feel like there are somethings that I could have done in other orders but I will try to lay all that out on the vid. The overall sound is just pure and perfect. The performance is great, the throttle response is outstanding. I do have the BT Tune and DNA filter already. As far as the flat spot I would need to test more but I did not feel it. I went for a 5 mile ride and they are already starting to blue perfectly. SO until the vid I will leave a picture of the before and after. 1 MORE THING! I was not told this and I didnt ask so I cant blame anyone. This exhaust does NOT fit if you have the engine protection bars. I had the Craft ride thicker sized bars in black on mine. NOW I do not. I prefer the exhaust instead of the bars. The bars will be up for sale. Im offering them at 30% off what ever they are selling for. Buyer pays shipping ofcourse. I will make a seperate for sale ad on those later unless someone just buys them before I get a chance to.IMG_2864.jpegIMG_2953.jpegIMG_2956.jpeg

thank you all for the views and likes here on the forum but would greatly appreciate likes & subscribes on YouTube so I can make more content.

Okay install done... it will take me a bit to edit and get this vid together.. BUT some quick things I have to say. What an amazing outcome. I love the way it sounds and the way it makes the bike lighter. The install was not easy due to it being a custom made part (per order) I feel like there are somethings that I could have done in other orders but I will try to lay all that out on the vid. The overall sound is just pure and perfect. The performance is great, the throttle response is outstanding. I do have the BT Tune and DNA filter already. As far as the flat spot I would need to test more but I did not feel it. I went for a 5 mile ride and they are already starting to blue perfectly. SO until the vid I will leave a picture of the before and after. 1 MORE THING! I was not told this and I didnt ask so I cant blame anyone. This exhaust does NOT fit if you have the engine protection bars. I had the Craft ride thicker sized bars in black on mine. NOW I do not. I prefer the exhaust instead of the bars. The bars will be up for sale. Im offering them at 30% off what ever they are selling for. Buyer pays shipping ofcourse. I will make a seperate for sale ad on those later unless someone just buys them before I get a chance to.View attachment 13191View attachment 13192View attachment 13193
Square corner exhausts. Hmmm wonder why nobody else does that. 🤦

Back