R18 with Pro-Race exhaust?? Opinions

The tune smooths out a couple of dead spots in the throttle, increases rpm range to pull to 5500 all day long, adds some lope to the bike in rock mode when idling in neutral so the bike really shakes sitting there and all in all just pulls harder and smoother. Really refined the original map. Nothing major major but worth the price.
I always remap my bikes...but that's all I'm going to do with this one. I don't want to start the insanity of replacing everything.....I was looking at the Bren tune site, I like the idea that they used two bikes in real time in different locations to create their map. Not looking forward to the lope in Rock mode which is where I ride, I don't want vibration...

Ok, thanks for the input.

I always remap my bikes...but that's all I'm going to do with this one. I don't want to start the insanity of replacing everything.....I was looking at the Bren tune site, I like the idea that they used two bikes in real time in different locations to create their map. Not looking forward to the lope in Rock mode which is where I ride, I don't want vibration...

Ok, thanks for the input.
The lope is only in neutral. If you’re at a red light clutched in in first gear or your riding it doesn’t happen.It’s programmed to drop 1k rpm in neutral only for show.

The lope is only in neutral. If you’re at a red light clutched in in first gear or your riding it doesn’t happen.It’s programmed to drop 1k rpm in neutral only for show.
OK, that's cool, I can live with that. How many miles do you think it's wise to wait to re map? The bike is brand new. I wonder if it even matters, the break in will happen regardless right?
And the dealer is not going to check the map....

Just a thought.. did anyone with the full pro race system dial back the suspension preload about 1-2 clicks due to losing 36 lbs on the exhaust compared to stock??

OK, that's cool, I can live with that. How many miles do you think it's wise to wait to re map? The bike is brand new. I wonder if it even matters, the break in will happen regardless right?
And the dealer is not going to check the map....

good morning.
I wanted to ask a mechanical question to see what you think.
My bike is the one shown above with the short Pro-Race brand exhausts.
Some people have told me that it is dangerous for the engine to use short free exhausts, because they could damage the valves by burning them or cause engine failure.
I trust you more and I wanted to know what you think because I have only done 100 miles before removing them and putting the OEM ones back on the bike

thank you so much
The Pro Race shorty that you have, is it just short pipe, or does it have internals to produce good tone? Have you compared it and is it anywhere close to the full Pro Race system in terms of good quality sound?

The Pro Race shorty that you have, is it just short pipe, or does it have internals to produce good tone? Have you compared it and is it anywhere close to the full Pro Race system in terms of good quality sound?
I haven't heard the complete Pro-Race system, but the sound of the short film is incredible and very serious.

It has no internal elements, only the escape tail.

I am currently waiting for the pylon seat and backrest delivery to complete my Corbin seat project. The next project is to order the Unit Garage Italian bag. I will have to pass on the Pro Race slip-ons for now and continue to use my slash cut fishtails. I spent hours on them and received compliments. By the time I am ready for the exhaust project, the complete titanium Pro Race exhaust system will probably be the choice. The iridium raw color of titanium exudes performance!! Thanks for the offer.

Re: Exhaust changes. Whatever floats your boat....For me....I'm burnt out on modifying bikes, boats, cars, et...except for very minor stuff.
For those that may not be aware, the pipes/exhaust on a bike do effect performance and the torque curve. Because a pipe is shorter and appears to flow easier, more flow, easier breathing, more power, is not necessarily true.
The reverb in a pipe and back pressure are important. Sound is cosmetic just like the looks. A shorter pipe that sounds cool.....may effect performance. These bikes are designed with the exhaust on them, without putting the bike on a dyno you really don't know the effect of swapping out a pipe....
But....some do look cool, and give you more sound.
Personally....the R18 to me is not a cafe racer, it's a big ass cruiser...it's designed to be different....

Re: Exhaust changes. Whatever floats your boat....For me....I'm burnt out on modifying bikes, boats, cars, et...except for very minor stuff.
For those that may not be aware, the pipes/exhaust on a bike do effect performance and the torque curve. Because a pipe is shorter and appears to flow easier, more flow, easier breathing, more power, is not necessarily true.
The reverb in a pipe and back pressure are important. Sound is cosmetic just like the looks. A shorter pipe that sounds cool.....may effect performance. These bikes are designed with the exhaust on them, without putting the bike on a dyno you really don't know the effect of swapping out a pipe....
But....some do look cool, and give you more sound.
Personally....the R18 to me is not a cafe racer, it's a big ass cruiser...it's designed to be different....
Randy, I don’t disagree with your assessment and I am very much impressed w German quality and engineering. I have a Porsche suv that I wouldn’t alter in any way! But this old biker still has Harley blood flowing thru the veins. I am not happy unless I am personalizing my bikes. I never do anything w/o thorough form/function evaluation.

Randy, I don’t disagree with your assessment and I am very much impressed w German quality and engineering. I have a Porsche suv that I wouldn’t alter in any way! But this old biker still has Harley blood flowing thru the veins. I am not happy unless I am personalizing my bikes. I never do anything w/o thorough form/function evaluation.
I get it....I modified everything that moved for decades....it was an obsession to get every possible ounce of power out of everything I had and have custom made parts created if they didn't exist. What happened is I was always so concerned with how it's running, did I hear a noise, et.et. that I was no longer able to just enjoy the experience of being out there....and of course when you over modify something you start taking unnecessary risks.
Like....I increased the torque on my Harley with a JIms 120 race motor the brakes even though they were replaced barely stopped the bike. I had a 1000 hp ( detuned to 1000) 585 tall deck Paul Pfaff race motor blown and intercooled made for my boat....but kept breaking drives because even taking it easy no drive could handle the torque...
Anyway....that's just me....I'm too old, dumb, and burnt out for that kinda shit anymore.
I bought the 23 anniversay R18. Gonna throw the Bren tune in it and change the air filter....and try like hell to leave it at that!!!
Cheers...

Well in response. I went with the full system ( waiting for it be delivered ).. I already have the DNA filter & Bt Moto Tune on the bike. I just want that deeper tone without it sounding like a rolling sewing machine. I know its the characteristic but.... I prefer to feel like Im riding an engine with 2 wheels. As far as performance goes.. Im waiting to see for myself, Ive been riding around without the slips ons.. but I still have the cats installed. Its still very much more responsive.

Well in response. I went with the full system ( waiting for it be delivered ).. I already have the DNA filter & Bt Moto Tune on the bike. I just want that deeper tone without it sounding like a rolling sewing machine. I know its the characteristic but.... I prefer to feel like Im riding an engine with 2 wheels. As far as performance goes.. Im waiting to see for myself, Ive been riding around without the slips ons.. but I still have the cats installed. Its still very much more responsive.
Wow!! I would really be pushing it if I was to ride my R18 w/o mufflers in my HiltonHead Sun City retirement community!! I am already pushing it w my 1933 streetrod w a blower😁. I love the sound and titanium look of the full Pro Race system😎

I honestly can not wait… I’m doing everything to keep myself busy.. but one of those activities is being on this forum talking about it!!!!🫣

I honestly can not wait… I’m doing everything to keep myself busy.. but one of those activities is being on this forum talking about it!!!!🫣
😂🤣 You and I must have ADD!! It’s always exciting to make the next big change to our bikes. My wife accused me once of purchasing a new Harley Deuce just to replace about 40% of the bike in the first year of ownership. I am now doing the same thing to the R18. You are one step ahead of me on full titanium Pro Race system!! Yesterday morning I was imagining the Pro Race system on my bike and wondering if it would be to loud. Before I knew it, I was on the highway without the fishtail mufflers😄🤣. I was pleasantly surprised that it wasn’t as loud as I initially thought and it looks great w/o the huge polished SS fishtail mufflers.

😂🤣 You and I must have ADD!! It’s always exciting to make the next big change to our bikes. My wife accused me once of purchasing a new Harley Deuce just to replace about 40% of the bike in the first year of ownership. I am now doing the same thing to the R18. You are one step ahead of me on full titanium Pro Race system!! Yesterday morning I was imagining the Pro Race system on my bike and wondering if it would be to loud. Before I knew it, I was on the highway without the fishtail mufflers😄🤣. I was pleasantly surprised that it wasn’t as loud as I initially thought and it looks great w/o the huge polished SS fishtail mufflers.
Yes… we are of the same lol. I’m loving it with no slip on. Just need to know what happens with no cat.

Back