Wunderlich protection case bar on r18b issue

Pierre

Hi, i’ve received the wunderlich protection case bar for my r18 b first edition, but the top mounting tab (under seat) is blocked by the frame, others mounting point fit perfectly.
Waiting reply from customer support, but seems to be notthe item designed for bagger.
If someone having installed it, can share a picture of this mount point to see what’s wrong.
Thanks.
Pierre

picture of tab blocked by the frame, it is not aligned with the screw hole and is far from 1 cm.
Picture showing the shape of the tab, it can’t fit by design

Attachments

• 1701510995232.jpg
    1701510995232.jpg
    746.2 KB · Views: 27
  • 1701454610734.jpg
    1701454610734.jpg
    766.7 KB · Views: 27
Hi, i’ve received the wunderlich protection case bar for my r18 b first edition, but the top mounting tab (under seat) is blocked by the frame, others mounting point fit perfectly.
Waiting reply from customer support, but seems to be notthe item designed for bagger.
If someone having installed it, can share a picture of this mount point to see what’s wrong.
Thanks.
Pierre

picture of tab blocked by the frame, it is not aligned with the screw hole and is far from 1 cm.
Picture showing the shape of the tab, it can’t fit by design
Maybe show images of the installation document and where this mounting point isn't lining up; it's a little difficult to digest when zoomed in?

Are you running into the same issue on the other side of the bike?

I had the first generation side case protection bars for my FE R18 B; I know that Wunderlich had made some changes due to the protection bar making contact with the rear swing arm.

The below picture is showing the mounting point of the protection bar that is affixed under the seat; you can see that it acts like a spacer and anchor point, but looks very different from your image?

Screenshot_20231202-080303.png

Last edited:
Maybe show images of the installation document and where this mounting point isn't lining up; it's a little difficult to digest when zoomed in?

Are you running into the same issue on the other side of the bike?

I had the first generation side case protection bars for my FE R18 B; I know that Wunderlich had made some changes due to the protection bar making contact with the rear swing arm.

The below picture is showing the mounting point of the protection bar that is affixed under the seat; you can see that it acts like a spacer and anchor point, but looks very different from your image?

View attachment 12360
Thanks Scott, indeed your picture shows a completly different shape.
I will wait support reply but I think they sent a model for another bike.
I’ve not tried on other side, I will have same issue since protection bars are symetrics.

Here the point in the installation document and how it is on the bike

Attachments

• Screenshot_20231202_155658_Samsung Notes.jpg
    Screenshot_20231202_155658_Samsung Notes.jpg
    673.4 KB · Views: 35
  • Screenshot_20231202_160119_Gmail.jpg
    Screenshot_20231202_160119_Gmail.jpg
    388.7 KB · Views: 34
I tried, but it keeps the rest of bar away from the bike. (In diagonal position).
Picture when other mounting points are fixed, the top one is not aligned

Attachments

• 1701454610734.jpg
    1701454610734.jpg
    1.5 MB · Views: 11
Thanks, I’ve installed right bar and this one fit perfectly.
Left bar seems slightly off center(side with piece of scotch).
1702220779183.jpg
I’m in touch with Wunderlich customer support

I have the same exact problem. The right one fit perfectly but the left one does not. If I align the bottom two mounts, the top one sits about 1.5" higher, the same as in your first message in this thread. Wunderlich is closed for the holidays, so I have to wait till January 2. Maybe bending the top plate would fix the issue, but I'd expect to do that with cheap bars from eBay, not with these ones.

Also, my right bar had several imperfections, little scratches below the chrome. For the price I paid, I was disappointed to see them when I took the bars outside of the protective bags.

PS: I was able to bend the top plate using a vice and a couple of pieces of wood. It did bend really easily and I was able to get it to fit. I heard back from Wunderlich and they offered a discount if I decided to keep the bars, or they could replace them. They bars look fine now so I'm keeping them and will order a few other things from them. This is turning out to be an expensive hobby...

Last edited:
Here some news
Wunderlich had finally accepted that I return the protection case bar after several mails, explaining and reexplaining the problem with pictures,
After 2 weeks, without any news I received a mail with a shipping id.
I received new bars and they fit perfectly, no more issue.

But i’m disapointed with the wunderlish customer service, they send me contradictory mail (one telling me to return the bars and another asking me to explain the problem one more time),
I just received an automatic mail with shipping id when they sent new bars., no apologies, no explanations,
Products are definitively good, but not customer service.

Here some news
Wunderlich had finally accepted that I return the protection case bar after several mails, explaining and reexplaining the problem with pictures,
After 2 weeks, without any news I received a mail with a shipping id.
I received new bars and they fit perfectly, no more issue.

But i’m disapointed with the wunderlish customer service, they send me contradictory mail (one telling me to return the bars and another asking me to explain the problem one more time),
I just received an automatic mail with shipping id when they sent new bars., no apologies, no explanations,
Products are definitively good, but not customer service.

Email is pretty overrated, it's great for describing an issue and sending supporting photos and such; however, I always try to get a name and a phone number.

My last customer service experience with Wunderlich was pretty positive, considering it was during the COVID crisis; my concerns and proposed solution to my specific problem was solved 100% via a follow-up phone call to an email reply that I received about my faulty rear case protection bars.

I'm sure emails roll in like the seconds hand on a watch.. I always seem to have some 2,000 to 3,000 unread emails in my inbox...

Email is pretty overrated, it's great for describing an issue and sending supporting photos and such; however, I always try to get a name and a phone number.

My last customer service experience with Wunderlich was pretty positive, considering it was during the COVID crisis; my concerns and proposed solution to my specific problem was solved 100% via a follow-up phone call to an email reply that I received about my faulty rear case protection bars.

I'm sure emails roll in like the seconds hand on a watch.. I always seem to have some 2,000 to 3,000 unread emails in my inbox...
Ok, saying my experience is not representative then.

Hi,
my experience with Wunderlich has been great, I must say. When I ordered the rev ounter, they warned me that due to the covid and lack of chips it would take a long time. They kept me regularly informed the whole time and because it dragged on for 11 months, they even refunded my money saying that as soon as the rev counter will be available, they would keep me informed. Which they did, saying that I am first in line if I still want it. Plus they reminded me that it cannot be combined with the windshied I also bought from them.
I am talking about Wunderlich Europe.
I hope your next experience will be better 🤞

My experience with Wunderlich is a bit meh.... I bought the leg rests for the Bagger through the local Wunderlich dealer. I went to install them, and found the hole on the bracket provided in the kit were 4.8mm diameter, and a M6 bolt was meant to fit through the hole.....It wasn't going to happen. So, point 1, the quality control is hit and miss. 2. it took over a week for Wunderlich to respond to the issue. I ended up drilling the holes bigger to suit. No big deal, but I shouldn't have to modify a kit that was meant to be bolt on.....

My experience with Wunderlich is a bit meh.... I bought the leg rests for the Bagger through the local Wunderlich dealer. I went to install them, and found the hole on the bracket provided in the kit were 4.8mm diameter, and a M6 bolt was meant to fit through the hole.....It wasn't going to happen. So, point 1, the quality control is hit and miss. 2. it took over a week for Wunderlich to respond to the issue. I ended up drilling the holes bigger to suit. No big deal, but I shouldn't have to modify a kit that was meant to be bolt on.....

That's a shame... Wunderlich USED to punch out quality products..

Back