What did you do to your R18 today?

Friday I took my R18 Classic for its 6K service, only to find out their service Technician has been put in the hospital ! ! I hope the owners of the shop take notice of the efforts of this technicians effect on their customer base and cash flow !! !

Listen to that little devil 👿 on your shoulder “ Dave, get rid of that Evap Cannister “.
I already have the kit sitting on my lift.
The the “almost complete”.

I also am doing some paintwork on a set of carbon fiber intake covers to match the matte black of the cylinders.

Plate without seal of approval 😲
and
screwed on vertically 😲
Both forbidden in Germany(n)

I often watch Der Germinator on German TV. A German police officer who emigrated to the United States.
He is the sheriff of a small town in Texas(y)

Maybe some of you know this series.
He recently said "TÜV" is also available here. Costs only $7.50..."

TÜV is one of the technical monitoring institutions in Germany for motor vehicles and trailers.
Normally every 2 years. Costs 130 euros.
If everything is OK, the plate receives a seal of approval for the next 2 years.
If a defect is found, it must be repaired and checked again. That costs another 30 euros and so on.
The vehicle can also be taken out of order.

Plate without seal of approval 😲
and
screwed on vertically 😲
Both forbidden in Germany(n)

I often watch Der Germinator on German TV. A German police officer who emigrated to the United States.
He is the sheriff of a small town in Texas(y)

Maybe some of you know this series.
He recently said "TÜV" is also available here. Costs only $7.50..."

TÜV is one of the technical monitoring institutions in Germany for motor vehicles and trailers.
Normally every 2 years. Costs 130 euros.
If everything is OK, the plate receives a seal of approval for the next 2 years.
If a defect is found, it must be repaired and checked again. That costs another 30 euros and so on.
The vehicle can also be taken out of order.

As we say here in the U.S., “What a Country!”

The laws in Europe are far more restrictive but here in Milwaukee we have the Harley Davidson effect. There is an awful lot of looking the other way when it comes to custom bikes.

Hans also told me the German sound restrictions prevent him from many exhaust mods.

Back