What did you do to your R18 today?

I added Wunderlich Lowered Footpegs for Rider and Passenger on 2021 R18 Classic.
I've had the Lowered Rider pegs on my other bike for some time and have grown to really like them.
Used the chrome ones for Rider and the black ones for the Passenger.

Attachments

• BMW_R18CFE_Wunderlich_Lowered_Footpegs_004a.jpg
    BMW_R18CFE_Wunderlich_Lowered_Footpegs_004a.jpg
    196.2 KB · Views: 44
  • BMW_R18CFE_Wunderlich_Lowered_Footpegs_003a.jpg
    BMW_R18CFE_Wunderlich_Lowered_Footpegs_003a.jpg
    193.6 KB · Views: 44
  • BMW_R18CFE_Wunderlich_Lowered_Footpegs_002a.jpg
    BMW_R18CFE_Wunderlich_Lowered_Footpegs_002a.jpg
    219.4 KB · Views: 41
  • BMW_R18CFE_Wunderlich_Lowered_Footpegs_001a.jpg
    BMW_R18CFE_Wunderlich_Lowered_Footpegs_001a.jpg
    213.3 KB · Views: 42
An experiment. Added copper color to the Roland Sands valve covers and the bolts holding it on. Keeping with the theme of green and copper on the rest of the bike.
Looks like I got a tiny bit sloppy with my “keep it inside the lines” work. I’ll clean that up with an exacto knife when it cures. 🤪

I added Wunderlich Lowered Footpegs for Rider and Passenger on 2021 R18 Classic.
I've had the Lowered Rider pegs on my other bike for some time and have grown to really like them.
Used the chrome ones for Rider and the black ones for the Passenger.
Varg,
The 2021 Classic has footboards, was this a plug & play for the footboards? Just detach current footboard and install the new pegs without having to change out the mounting bracket or kickstand or such?
They look nice. Did it get you a little more leg room at all?

Just finished installing a couple bolts with spacers and gaffers tape. Now I got passenger pegs or just another place to rest/ hook my feet on long rides.

For those curious: bolts are M12 x 140mm @ 1.75 pitch. Spacers are 7/16" ID. All from ace hardware.
a211401f-669e-43a5-b73b-e2de5087a0b2.jpg

Varg,
The 2021 Classic has footboards, was this a plug & play for the footboards? Just detach current footboard and install the new pegs without having to change out the mounting bracket or kickstand or such?
They look nice. Did it get you a little more leg room at all?
Hi Kanzig,
The Wunderlich Lowered Footpegs are not interchangeable with floorboards.
My Classic came with the OEM round footpegs for both Rider and Passenger, which can be swapped for the Wunderlich footpegs.

Following link has images showing the footpegs/floorboards. Note the differences in design.
https://www.r18forums.com/threads/floorboard-extensions.880/post-13405

VARG (Dave)

Backrest and 7jurock 20" screen installed today.

I may have been sent the wrong seat bracket. As the bracket sits about 2- 2-1/2" above the seat. Will update when I get a solution.
IMG_6410.jpeg

I used fishing line to sheer off the reflectors from my Model B side cases and front forks; get the fishing line behind the reflectors and work the line back and forth, while applying downward pressure.

Or keep riding, eventually they will just fall off... :)

Last edited:
I've owned three different DUCATI models; a Monster S4RS ??(water cooled), Sport Classic 1000 and the BiPostal 1000m Sport Classic... Lots of fun to ride, exhaust sound is amazing (Termi); definitely for when I was younger.. much younger...

Maintenance wasn't as bad as everyone makes you think...

Last edited:
Just finished installing a couple bolts with spacers and gaffers tape. Now I got passenger pegs or just another place to rest/ hook my feet on long rides.

For those curious: bolts are M12 x 140mm @ 1.75 pitch. Spacers are 7/16" ID. All from ace hardware.
View attachment 9362
I like how open the drive shaft is on this model, but I would not carry a passenger with long shoe strings.
Coming from a farm family.... shirt sleeves, pant legs, etc can wrap quickly around that PTO.

I used fishing line to sheer off the reflectors from my Model B side cases and front forks; get the fishing line behind the reflectors and work the line back and forth, while applying downward pressure.

Or keep riding, eventually they will just fall off... :)
Use a good amount of WD-40 and you’ll lubricate the fishing line and make the job go a bit easier.

Beemer buddy grips
Winglets
And wireless charging cell phone mount
(excuse the hanging wires, waiting for din hella plug to arrive tomorrow and tidy it all up)
Installed today:

IMG_6541.jpeg
IMG_6539.jpeg
IMG_6537.jpeg
IMG_6554.jpeg

Beautiful work! That's the kind of engineering that I would like to see in order to mount "driving lights" each side of the headlamp.
Using these lamps...

[/URL]

But having the bodies powder coated gloss black, with the lamp bezels chrome, like the OEM headlamp. With nice, gloss black tubular mounts, I think that they would sell like hot cakes.
16717997-486F-4ED9-AE6E-7C2085789EC8.jpeg
I am working on this, blinkers will tie direct and replace stock, working on best spot to tap in but have run test leads and they work. Next wire trace is DRL to low beam and fog to high beam. It looks like wiring accessible immediately under front gas tank, but open to input if anyone has done this already

Attachments

• 431DBB5E-347C-4C1D-BCD3-6713D7AA4CDB.jpeg
    431DBB5E-347C-4C1D-BCD3-6713D7AA4CDB.jpeg
    750.2 KB · Views: 13
Back