What did you do to your R18 today?

Was that picture taken in heaven?

It's still an iPhone photo...I think the same spot a week ago taken with my full frame SLR is MUCH better except it's not an R18:

52419350571_63c73bfcf3_b.jpg

But the SLR has a much better depth of field and way better colors.

Hey Adam, with cold weather I was thinking you might like the black leg deflectors. Your B is almost a TC.

I got mine from Rev-zilla too. It was double boxed. Did not need the ginormous box. Very elegant bling.

Okay so 2 weeks into ownership I have installed the SW Motech saddlebags and weekender seat. I will have to say that not much information is found in detail online about the seats.... so if any questions I just came from comparing all 3 at the dealer.

Attachments

• IMG_1801.jpeg
    IMG_1801.jpeg
    3.2 MB · Views: 36
  • IMG_1802.jpeg
    IMG_1802.jpeg
    2.9 MB · Views: 36
  • IMG_1800.jpeg
    IMG_1800.jpeg
    3.2 MB · Views: 36
With a tear in my eye I realized today I must remove the saddle bag protection bars from Wunderlich. Wunderlich is a good company and they are sending me a new set of bars so no complaint there. But it took a little time to remove seat and panniers, just to install the bars initially.
Somehow the bars had a bit of bad geometry and were striking the swing arms during the suspension motion. In the end all will be well but I hate it that paint is scraped in two places. On the left side it is a bit more than just a paint scrape with a little dig into the bar.

Very nice, looks like bars and controls are well appointed. Question, what's the gauge next to the speedo? For engine temp?

View attachment 7481
Yes, the bars believe it or not are from e-bay and they cost around 70 euros shipped, I find really abusive those manufacturers who charge nearly 400 bugs for a bar with similar dimensions to the stock one... to me this one looks amazing specially with the gloss black paint, I wanted to ged rid of some chrome at the upper side of the fork.
The gauge you barely see there is the RPM gauge from Wunderlich, mannufactured by MBF i guess. I wanted to install it there instead of the position Wundewrlich places it, but i want to give it a gloss black coat to match the main gauge plus i've got a bottom cap to hide the red switches, cable and nuts of it.
If you want to see it better i can post some photos of how it is installed at the moment.

With a tear in my eye I realized today I must remove the saddle bag protection bars from Wunderlich. Wunderlich is a good company and they are sending me a new set of bars so no complaint there.
Yes, I also have had great experience with the Wunderlich support folks. Although i was very sad to remove them and based on my conversations I expect it may be some months before the new ones are available, I really do like them and look forward to re-mounting them again. Besides, taking the side bags off is a fantastic opportunity to get a really good cleaning to less accessible rear wheel areas. I opted to have the new ones shipped when available. It'd be extra cool if they embellished them further as was suggested in another post by @Scott Semone but I'm certain I'll be pleased with their results.

Last edited:
Yes, I also have a great experience with the Wunderlich support folks. Although i was very sad to remove them and based on my conversations I expect it may be some months before the new ones are available, I really do like them and look forward to re-mounting them again. Besides, taking the side bags off is a fantastic opportunity to get a really good cleaning to less accessible rear wheel areas. I opted to have the new ones shipped when available. It'd be extra cool if they embellished them further as was suggested in another post by @Scott Semone but I'm certain I'll be pleased with their results.
We are the voices of the R 18 TC & B community; this would be the best opportunity for Wunderlich to incorporate additional exhaust pipe and case protection in the event of a drop.

I'll submit something over the weekend, I'd like to use the before & after pictures of the TC Wunderlich install as an example, and support for the bars to prevent the exhaust pipes from make contact with the ground.

Any pictures of your bike with the mini directionals?
Can’t really see them when they’re off (which is kind of the idea) but they are as visible if not more visible than the OEMs when illuminated. We used these on a lot of the custom builds when I worked at HD so I know they’re good.

Bar end mirrors next and that’ll be the top line of the fairing cleaned up.

Attachments

• 0EAF0127-6F70-466E-B30D-02E2BFD22EEA.jpeg
    0EAF0127-6F70-466E-B30D-02E2BFD22EEA.jpeg
    3 MB · Views: 36
  • 2D09AA35-7630-4802-BA41-571BADA093C2.jpeg
    2D09AA35-7630-4802-BA41-571BADA093C2.jpeg
    4.1 MB · Views: 39
  • 7053AE6D-EC9B-4041-A25E-0F6BD1C36053.jpeg
    7053AE6D-EC9B-4041-A25E-0F6BD1C36053.jpeg
    5.7 MB · Views: 39
Okay so 2 weeks into ownership I have installed the SW Motech saddlebags and weekender seat. I will have to say that not much information is found in detail online about the seats.... so if any questions I just came from comparing all 3 at the dealer.

SW-Motech did a really good job on those bags. They fit the bike very well.

Can’t really see them when they’re off (which is kind of the idea) but they are as visible if not more visible than the OEMs when illuminated. We used these on a lot of the custom builds when I worked at HD so I know they’re good.

Bar end mirrors next and that’ll be the top line of the fairing cleaned up.
Hit the Hazards and hold down phone camera button... You'll get at least one shot with them illuminated...

How's the low profile windscreen, looks great...!!

Back