What cell phone fits in the phone holder?

I use an iPhone 13 mini (work phone) and it fits even with a case. Also, I added the cable and all good with that with the caveat that there is only one specific sequence to make it fit, plug it in and be on your way without pulling any of the parts more than they were meant to be (if that makes any sense)

Anyone want to sell their B or TC phone cradle if not being used, or repurposing that space for better use?
I'm looking to prototype another wireless charging system within an existing phone cradle?

Motorola Edge Plus 2022 fits without a case no problem. It's 6.4" x 3.0" . No problem connecting the BMW USB-C adapter and no problems getting the Motorrad app to work perfectly. The Nav uses a local wifi connection (not Bluetooth), so make sure wifi is on and no restrictions to connection. If connected only via Bluetooth, you get turn-by-turn but no maps.

I installed a RAM mount for my cell phone on the handlebars - works fine.
Be very careful with that... Quad mount and RAM mounted iPhones have been known to have the camera functions destroyed on much smoother running HD's that do have balanced cranks... The BMW, without any balancing, might have bad effects on Apple phone products, possibly other brands, too, being unable to handle vibration without destruction of cameras in the phones.

I have an iPhone 14 ProMax. Naked, it fits into the compartment just fine. It won't fit if you have any kind of case on it though.
How in the world you put that 14ProMax in that space? Is your bike different or iPhone is squeezable? My14ProMax at least 1" longer than the space and just for that reason I got myself an iPhone13 and that fits perfectly ok even with a slim protective case... Maybe a 14Pro (not Max) may fit too but there is no way my 14ProMax goes in there. Even naked. I tried and not only the length but also width was not fitting too.

When I go home again I'll check again nubby i am sure i was not drunk when I tried first and it was my bike and phone I was working with. Still a second time checking will do good.

guys that use the phone holder in your B or TC, have you run into an issue with the vibes breaking your phone camera? I recently watched a YouTube video of a comparison test of the R18B versus an HD and Indian and one of the reviewers said the R18B killed his phone camera while it was in the phone compartment.

guys that use the phone holder in your B or TC, have you run into an issue with the vibes breaking your phone camera? I recently watched a YouTube video of a comparison test of the R18B versus an HD and Indian and one of the reviewers said the R18B killed his phone camera while it was in the phone compartment.
No issues here. Folks here are probably tired of reading this, but here goes...
Last month I did a 4,000 mile roadtrip on my TC. I rode several miles (20 or more?) of very rough roads (for a street bike): dirt roads, road construction, washboard, etc. My uncased phone was in the tank holder for every mile.
I was more concerned about possibly damaging the adaptive headlight... didn't.

I was more concerned about possibly damaging the adaptive headlight... didn't.
LOL, as I was reading your post the above thought came to my head and voilà, you mentioned it.

To be honest, I never use the phone compartment. My phone is on my jacket at all times.
I have never done a long ride that warrants the need to have the phone plugged in, however, when I go off grid for an extended period of time I carry a battery pack in my bag which can charge my phone 3 times and top up a small bluetooth speaker.

Thanks Cu Dubh and Anibal. I've always kept my phone in jacket pocket but was planning to use the compartment until it looked like maybe not a good idea. Sounds like it's probably fine...now fitting it I still have to figure out. I may keep phone in my pocket and use the compartment for long rides when I need to keep it charged up. I also thought about running a longer cord from the compartment up into my pocket when I need to charge while riding

Since years I ride with my iPhones attached on the handlebar with RAM mounts X holder and I see the vibration but since years I've had no damage of any kind to any model of my iPhones I've gone thru. RT/ GS / GSA & currently a TC...
So, I never had a problem and I hope I never will in the future too.

Thanks Cu Dubh and Anibal. I've always kept my phone in jacket pocket but was planning to use the compartment until it looked like maybe not a good idea. Sounds like it's probably fine...now fitting it I still have to figure out. I may keep phone in my pocket and use the compartment for long rides when I need to keep it charged up. I also thought about running a longer cord from the compartment up into my pocket when I need to charge while riding
I did modify my in-tank holder to better fit my phone: a little bit of plastic removed with a dremel to allow a short USB cable to fit... nothing drastic. For short rides, my pocket is fine. For long days the tank holder is also fine, though just a wee bit fiddly.
Like CaptJim below, I've used either handlebar mounts or a tankbag with a USB cable for years. I find I do not need to do this on my TC.

Back