What cell phone fits in the phone holder?

The 6.1 inch diagonal screen phone will fit in the TC receiver. The 6.7 inch model will not. Also, if you have a large bulky Otter Box around your phone, it won't go. That hasn't been a problem for me as I like the looks of my phone and keep a minimalist clear cover around it.

I have a TC and I am getting a new cell phone. What android phone fits in the cell phone holder. Any suggestions?
Rokform lol. Jk, but for real, as a feature developed in likely the past 24 months, BMW making it fit the smallest size of most phones WITHOUT A CASE is so weird. Vastly prefer my phone apps for GPS anyway, and I've heard more than one person say that the lack of vibration dampening on the phone holder messed up their phone's camera.

I think BMW could do a fix on this phone receiver mistake. Under the unit is a larger empty space.

the space was created for a wireless charging unit but parts supply was short during the bikes launch.
I am going to change the space over for a cooled sandwich compartment.

I have an iPhone 14 ProMax. Naked, it fits into the compartment just fine. It won't fit if you have any kind of case on it though.
Thank you for the correction. Every review I have seen on YouTube claims the 6.7 won't fit, but it obviously does since you did it.
I guess the problem is as you stated.....its the cover over the phone.

Speaking of iPhone use on the R18TC, I have not been able to link the navigation for about 2 weeks. Has worked fine for a long time. I listen to XM via my phone link, but something is blocking the live maps.

I agree with the sentiments out there that wish BMW would have installed a native navigation system as on say....my Ford truck. Would have been so much easier. So much easier. (I also have CarPlay on the Ford truck)

Thank you for the correction. Every review I have seen on YouTube claims the 6.7 won't fit, but it obviously does since you did it.
I guess the problem is as you stated.....its the cover over the phone.
My previous phone was the iPhone 12 pro max. They are identical in size, but the camera on the back is about a 16th of an inch differently sized, so I could not use the same case.
I agree with the sentiments out there that wish BMW would have installed a native navigation system as on say....my Ford truck. Would have been so much easier. So much easier. (I also have CarPlay on the Ford truck)
Exactly! When I downloaded the app on my phone and linked it to the infotainment system, I THOUGHT the display would be just like a Garmin, showing me an actual map. Disappointed to see that it was only turn-by-turn directions. If there was an easy way to mount a Nav VI on the handlebars, I would consider it.

The Samsung Galaxy S22 Ultra doesn't come close to fitting. I removed the phone tray and now use it as a storage compartment for my wallet or whatever else. I use a ram mount on the handlebars for my phone.

My previous phone was the iPhone 12 pro max. They are identical in size, but the camera on the back is about a 16th of an inch differently sized, so I could not use the same case.

Exactly! When I downloaded the app on my phone and linked it to the infotainment system, I THOUGHT the display would be just like a Garmin, showing me an actual map. Disappointed to see that it was only turn-by-turn directions. If there was an easy way to mount a Nav VI on the handlebars, I would consider it.
Bmw took a page from honda gps design team,,,they both are not great i feel

The Samsung Galaxy S22 Ultra doesn't come close to fitting. I removed the phone tray and now use it as a storage compartment for my wallet or whatever else. I use a ram mount on the handlebars for my phone.
I thought about removing the phone tray but wasn't sure if that would somehow cause other problems with the bike electrics.

My Samsung S21 Ultra fits great. I did take the phone holder out and modified it though. Took a dremel and cut the bottom out of the bottom brackets and added a thin strip of foam across the bottom so the phone doesn't get scratched from the vibration. Will see if I have a pic.

Back