Tractor seat - not BMW Hommage

kate_brett

Perfect height for me 6’2” with long inseam. No more cramped riding. Custom fabrication. First air bagged R18 ? Work in progress.

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    1.4 MB · Views: 105
  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
    1.7 MB · Views: 103
  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
    1.6 MB · Views: 103
I expect it's comfortable, I like the wide tail, and the air suspension seems like it'd be a great feature. A bit of an aesthetic departure perhaps, but on target for fit and function. 👍

Comfort means everything when riding. In the same way that kate_brett doesn't like cramped riding, I don't like to lean forward to reach the bars.

Wheel chock, scissor lift at rear with small block of wood ( does not touch any plastic ) and support stands ; easy rear wheel lift for those who need help. Scissor lift to raise rear ( to rear of underside plastic ) then place supports under rear swing arm. Very stable with front wheel chock.

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    1.6 MB · Views: 59
  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
    1.9 MB · Views: 56
  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
    2 MB · Views: 59
  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
    1.8 MB · Views: 61
Last edited:
Hmmm, out of curiosity, could you get a buddy to take a pic of you riding it? Curious to see what it looks like with someone on it. Does it feel like your riding on top of it?

No, doesn’t feel like l’m on top of it. Since l don’t suffer from “Duck’s disease” needed the extra 3 inches of height to be comfortable ( airbags help too ). Look at the Indian Chiefs from 30-40’s and see photos of seat/rider height and position ; similar seating position ; that was my inspiration. Beach bars assist as well in providing more natural seating position for me.

Last edited:
Latest removal. No codes thrown with PVE-052 ( evap cannister ) and Healtech plugs for exhaust.

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    1.2 MB · Views: 19
  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
    1 MB · Views: 20
Last edited:
Back