Torx Tools

I have a few sets of torx sockets and looking at t-handle torx set for working on the BMW and my wife’s Can-am. I ordered both metric hex and torx Beta 951 sets to try them. What tool do you find yourself gravitating too when working on your bikes? I watched a lot of reviews and the t-handle tools seem to be popular outside of the states.

Attachments

• 97566E24-7083-4137-8BD4-DE5474031418.png
    97566E24-7083-4137-8BD4-DE5474031418.png
    4 MB · Views: 25
I have T-handles, 3/8” sockets and drivers for the smaller bolts you’ll come across.
You’ll need them all to do any serious work on the R18.

My goto is a set of Craftsmen 3/8 sockets for torx and hex. It's not top tier tools, but good enough that it doesn't twist or strip. Been using the same set for more than 10 years.

agreed. i have full sets of 1/4 3/8 and 1/2. also have a full set of their torque wrenches as well as joker wrenches. View attachment 4577
Very nice. Getting there myself. I have the Joker spanners along with some Facom ratchet ring spanners 2 of which cover eight different metric sizes. Amazing!!
Looking to purchase a Wera torque wrench next. Perhaps, funds allowing. Taking a closer look at your pic, that is a considerable investment.

Last edited:
Years ago I used a torx-25 when I should have used a torx-27. It was my first experience with torx on a Harley. Had to drill out a bolt and swore never to use torx.
I’ve never stripped out an Allan hex head.
Recently I used a torx-40 when I should have used a torx-45. Stripped out again.
I was the dummy.

This is a very good kit if you need something for home & the road. High quality tools https://www.beemershop.com/product/motohansa-pro-series-tool-kit.html

Here are the Wera tools I own and I'm happy with all of them:

Just add a good torque wrench and pick set and you can tear down your BMW. I'd recommend a heat gun too for breaking up stubborn OEM thread-locked bolts.

Years ago I used a torx-25 when I should have used a torx-27. It was my first experience with torx on a Harley. Had to drill out a bolt and swore never to use torx.
I’ve never stripped out an Allan hex head.
Recently I used a torx-40 when I should have used a torx-45. Stripped out again.
I was the dummy.
And stainless steel Torx are even worse

Back