RIP Queen Elizabeth II

It’s 5 am. Can’t sleep. So I decided to get up and watch the sun come up with the dog (who is asleep). Losing the Queen is a big thing to us Brits. If you live abroad you might not get this. Even the most cold hearted Republican must appreciate her service to the country, every day for 70 years. We all knew this day would come but it’s massive now that it’s actually happened. She started off with Winston Churchill as her first Prime Minister just after the war and did actually serve in WW2 before she became Queen. She’s been there the same time as 15 Presidents have come and gone, just think about that for a moment and all the changes the world has gone through. When all around seems to be in a mess She was always a quiet, dignified constant in the background. Sad day indeed.

It’s 5 am. Can’t sleep. So I decided to get up and watch the sun come up with the dog (who is asleep). Losing the Queen is a big thing to us Brits. If you live abroad you might not get this. Even the most cold hearted Republican must appreciate her service to the country, every day for 70 years. We all knew this day would come but it’s massive now that it’s actually happened. She started off with Winston Churchill as her first Prime Minister just after the war and did actually serve in WW2 before she became Queen. She’s been there the same time as 15 Presidents have come and gone, just think about that for a moment and all the changes the world has gone through. When all around seems to be in a mess She was always a quiet, dignified constant in the background. Sad day indeed.
I think anyone with even half a brain can appreciate what a loss she is not only to the Brits, but to us all. Your sentiments are spot on and just the tip of the iceberg IMO. May she Rest In Peace.

I was an RCAF pilot, then flew as a civilian for the British Government in a foreign country for some years, still in a military role. Her Majesty was my Queen and I was quite sentimentally loyal to her. I am Canadian but my heritage and deep attachments to England are strong. Our daughter lives in London where she works in The City. I was gutted when I learned of her death. She was the most excellent of women.

I am on several forums related to motorised transport. Without doubt, this is the friendliest and the sentiments, especially from those none British members are greatly appreciated and far more numerous than on my other, predominately British forums.
Thank you

PS. Rufus summed up my feelings admirably.

Back