R18 B / TC Installation of ROCTANE Rear Case Filler Panel

Scott Semone

I'm planning on ordering the below Filler Panel for my R18 B, it looks like would be a nice addition in order to clean up the space between the rear fender and the side cases; any chance, has anyone already ordered this part and tried installing them on their TC or Model B?

FILLER PANEL BLACKSTORM METALLIC
Order No. 77 01 5 B30 C59 06/2023

1687610341059.png

Attachments

• Rear Case Filler Panel.pdf
    7.3 MB · Views: 92
I took a close look at the ROCTANE in person, the cases look identical to the Model B and TC; my gut says it will work - I'm just waiting for the part(s) to become available to order.

The ROCTAIN Filler Panels have shipped and I'm just waiting on their arrival; I took a closer look at the installation document and compared it to some old pictures I had of my Model B with the side cases removed. It looks as though the installation is going to require some drilling; the worst part is, it looks like I'll really have to disassemble the side cases supporting bracket in order to get the holes drilled accurately. More to follow on this topic..

1697313895746.png

Yes, probably a hydraulic remote reservoir as part of the adaptive suspension adjustment system that is based on weight. I was initially thinking that the Filler Panels would not be compatible due to this attribute found only on the B and TC models; the ROCTAIN doesn't have an adaptive suspension like the B / TC models.

I'm riding today (weather permitting) and then I'm going to start taking the side cases off in order to prepare for the Filler Panel installation job; Filler Panels will arrive Tuesday (hopefully painted..).

Last edited:
I received the ROCTANE Filler Panels yesterday; however, the hardware indicated on Page 4 was missing. I've reached out to Max BMW in order to see about correcting the missing hardware; I'm more concerned about getting the 10 Rubber Buffer inserts at this point.

The two pieces arrived painted...

Screenshot_20231018-081123.pngScreenshot_20231020-051204.png

Last edited:
Hello Scott Semone ,
Thanks for this report, it’s great.
To order does the reference 77 31 5 A7F 049 contain the right and left side?
Have a good day.

Thanks for the video! Not sure I'm willing on drilling all the holes into the bike.
It only requires drilling into the side case brackets, in an area where it's out of sight; I assume the ROCTANE case brackets probably come pre drilled. However, the ROCTANE brackets might not have the brake fluid reservoir mounting points?

I received the ROCTANE Filler Panels yesterday; however, the hardware indicated on Page 4 was missing. I've reached out to Max BMW in order to see about correcting the missing hardware; I'm more concerned about getting the 10 Rubber Buffer inserts at this point.

The two pieces arrived painted...

View attachment 12042View attachment 12054
Scott,

Did they just miss sending you the hardware or was there a different part number for the hardware?

Back