My $23,000 Boat Anchor thanks BMW

Guys, I know we all sympathise with the OP and hand on my heart, I wish he did not have to go through this kind of experience, it is simply unfair “but” unless I am wrong or misunderstood something, I have not seen one bit here that suggests this is an act by BMW as a company trying to flog a faulty good on a loyal customer.
For what I have read here, it seems like the dealership has done something unethical and wrong. We all know attorneys are not cheap and if one cannot afford one at the moment, that is pretty understandable.
I don’t know the US laws and therefore I don’t know what laws guards you over misconduct or rogues practices over there, but I would like to think there are organisations and laws, like the famous lemon law I hear from time to time over here, that could help the OP.

If this was me,
1- I would do an online search first to document myself on what my rights are as consumer and what responsibilities and due care obligations the dealership has.

2- Assuming there is a body or regulatory entity that oversees cases like this, I would write to them and document everything to the last detail. Dates, person names/ positions, places etc.
Very important to stick to the facts to avoid getting caught on any doubt or questions regarding actions/facts etc.

3- As I am not sure how things work in the US, in the UK you can write to a member of the parliament, the one representing your constituency, to request assistance on the matter and see if his/her office can exercise some influence/investigate. Maybe in the US this is the equivalent of a Mayor or something similar.

4- Failure to get any results then contact the local press and put your story out there. Importan to stick to facts again as now your laundry will be aired on public and remember, none one at BMW/Motorrad NA has done nothing to you (unless you have contacted them already and your letters are falling on deaf ears)

5- No luck still? Then do contact Motorrad HQ and indulge them with all the details, facts and documents for them to investigate this dealership. In the end, the dealership is affiliated to Motorrad as a subsidiary and Motorrad cannot let one of its subsidiaries misrepresent the brand.

I truly hope this matter gets resolved quickly and with as little as possible distress to the OP.

Acting irrationally may cost you along the way. Be smart, be calm, you don’t have anything to hide or have done anything wrong.
Good advice. It Is the dealership that is the problem in this case. We have the Better Business Bureau, DMV perhaps due to the safety factor in selling a bike like this and the misrepresentations made, and there must be consumer advocacy groups that could possibly help. But yeah, good point, this is the Dealership that did this, this bike did not leave the factory like this....no way...

Good advice. It Is the dealership that is the problem in this case. We have the Better Business Bureau, DMV perhaps due to the safety factor in selling a bike like this and the misrepresentations made, and there must be consumer advocacy groups that could possibly help. But yeah, good point, this is the Dealership that did this, this bike did not leave the factory like this....no way...
But we still don't know the name of the dealership (or in this case should I say 'stealership'?)

But we still don't know the name of the dealership (or in this case should I say 'stealership'?)
OP expressed his desire to keep the name off the threads and I find this to be a smart decision.
Not only from the Forum rules side of things but also as this is public site, unless the administrator deletes a post or comments, the wording will be there for all to see, including potential legal representation to the OP or dealership.
What's good for the goose is good for the gander.

I don't like posting negative things, but something about all of this is just not adding up.... Parts of the story are left out.... Biggest discrepancy I have noticed is it took over 1000 miles to figure all this out?

OP expressed his desire to keep the name off the threads and I find this to be a smart decision.
Not only from the Forum rules side of things but also as this is public site, unless the administrator deletes a post or comments, the wording will be there for all to see, including potential legal representation to the OP or dealership.
Good point! ... thanks Anibal for reminding me not to go off half cocked 🤪

I dont pay much attention when someone tells us about a bad dealer but wont name them.
What legal ramifications do you mean?
Libel? Slander?
The truth is an airtight defense against both of those charges.
I would want to know who ripped you off so bad so that the rest of us are forwarned and dont patronize bad places.

I dont pay much attention when someone tells us about a bad dealer but wont name them.
Libel? Slander?
The truth is an airtight defense against both of those charges.
I would want to know who ripped you off so bad so that the rest of us are forwarned and dont patronize bad places.
It’s only libel if any of the “facts” are untruths.

I’m not going to disrespect the site rules so no cannot share who the dealer is.

I bought the bike at the end of June, I was aware of my situation, although it has been liquid mostly since purchased, and it is all documented m/time stamped. Nothing took 1000 miles to figure out, and if it had I don’t understand why one would view that as a discrepancy.

Yes, there are certainly details that I have not shared, I am very aware of and do not want to be thought of that poor me whiny guy or thoughts that I’m pissed for reasons unrelated and blowing up my dealer for it. That aint it.
The whole thing is miserable and it’s a process that nothing happens quickly.

I think it would clear up many questions if I just said exactly what I believe to have caused all this. But again as Anibal says above, my opinion isn’t really what this is about and i cannot turn this into a story about maybes and opinions. Facts are facts and I will share something in regards to the opinions that this is all on my selling dealer. Look at the underside of my swingarm, the rectangle lighter spot is where a label or sticker was peeled off after the swingarm was painted. Something I was aware of first week after purchase. This happen during production/paint, at the factory? I say not in a million years….while looking at same bike on the floor of a different dealer I got down to look and there was the same label removed triangle after paint.

Message me any questions regarding anything not making sense and I’ll answer. In a previous post I started to ramble about my opinion and it’s the closest I’ll get to giving it verbatim. What I am saying is I have a double whammy I’m dealing with….if you are confused and just so happen to have bought one of the highly incentivized baggers 2022’s some 2023’s like mine go have a real close look at the fit and finish, you won’t be happy and I sympathize, do I ever…..anyhow, then I’m dealing with whatever the dealer is responsible for. Just someone refer me to a seasoned fraud attorney, unfortunately this is not a lemon law case. That said, because of the facts and because of what I have in my folder, I won’t hire someone who’s just going to try and have the bike bought back. Sorry for how it sounds but I want much more

Attachments

• IMG_4443.jpeg
    IMG_4443.jpeg
    543.8 KB · Views: 40
Tomorrow I’ll see about covering up names etc on my RO’s, the bikes BMW history, all related paperwork and post
I wouldn't bother, because aside from empathizing with you, there is nothing we can do. We get it....don't put any more energy into justifying your claims with us. Put that energy into any type of solution.
Part of the "solution" might be to get yourself grounded .. clear your head if possible....this is some profoundly negative shit.
If you aren't going to pursue a legal remedy....then maybe do what's necessary to accept it. Park the thing, cover it up, and forget about it.
I have lost more than this many times in the business I'm in. A 25k loss hurts, but it's not the end of the world. If you don't want to get another bike, or it's not financially a good time, go do something else...

Don't show us anymore....it's not gonna accomplish anything....

Libel? Slander?
The Miranda Right.
Anything you say now may be used against you later on in court.

A lawyer has many ways of turning comments around , especially if those comments were made without/prior legal advice, so the less you say now the better. I am not saying this case will end up in court, but what if it does?

One thing has never failed me. Listen more and let people talk (I guess that is the reason God gave me a pair of ears but only one mouth) 😉

You probably think I am blowing things out of proportion or watching too many films. I can’t blame you for that but my line of business is risk management and I can’t help applying that mindset to everything I do. I do let my hair down, I do take risks but only after I have assessed them.

Now, let’s go out and have some fun👊👊👊

Not sure if it helps, but my 2022 Model B has the same flat black color paint rectangle on the underside of the swing arm? I remember sharing this information with a forum member, who was concerned a while back; I noticed it when upgrading my exhaust system.

Can the bike be fixed; maybe get necessary repairs completed and get it back on the road...?

Screenshot_20231214-045856.pngScreenshot_20231214-045749.pngScreenshot_20231214-045626.png

That's completely unbelievable ...
When the winning fuel pump concern occurred, the 4 YouTube videos I made, in 4 languages, with links to the dealer and the customer service, had an instant efficiency.
I had a call the same day, and the solution came very fast, with a soft update for all the already sold bikes.
The case is different here, but sending it on the social media costs nothing, and is more powerful than an attorney...

Please, keep us aware of the evolution.

Not sure if it helps, but my 2022 Model B has the same flat black color paint rectangle on the underside of the swing arm? I remember sharing this information with a forum member, who was concerned a while back; I noticed it when upgrading my exhaust system.

Can the bike be fixed; maybe get necessary repairs completed and get it back on the road...?

View attachment 12561View attachment 12562View attachment 12563
Thanks for posting your pics, although I do not recognize very much

I wouldn't bother, because aside from empathizing with you, there is nothing we can do. We get it....don't put any more energy into justifying your claims with us. Put that energy into any type of solution.
Part of the "solution" might be to get yourself grounded .. clear your head if possible....this is some profoundly negative shit.
If you aren't going to pursue a legal remedy....then maybe do what's necessary to accept it. Park the thing, cover it up, and forget about it.
I have lost more than this many times in the business I'm in. A 25k loss hurts, but it's not the end of the world. If you don't want to get another bike, or it's not financially a good time, go do something else...

Don't show us anymore....it's not gonna accomplish anything....
Thrilled to not share anymore. Hopefully someone will throw me a bone with a referral legally speaking…..plenty grounded, head generally always clear thanks….park the thing cover it up and forget about it? Sounds like if I had your $ I could take that advise seriously. Cheers

Thrilled to not share anymore. Hopefully someone will throw me a bone with a referral legally speaking…..plenty grounded, head generally always clear thanks….park the thing cover it up and forget about it? Sounds like if I had your $ I could take that advise seriously. Cheers
Where are you, I'm gonna try to find you a decent attorney.

I’m not going to disrespect the site rules so no cannot share who the dealer is.

I bought the bike at the end of June, I was aware of my situation, although it has been liquid mostly since purchased, and it is all documented m/time stamped. Nothing took 1000 miles to figure out, and if it had I don’t understand why one would view that as a discrepancy.

Yes, there are certainly details that I have not shared, I am very aware of and do not want to be thought of that poor me whiny guy or thoughts that I’m pissed for reasons unrelated and blowing up my dealer for it. That aint it.
The whole thing is miserable and it’s a process that nothing happens quickly.

I think it would clear up many questions if I just said exactly what I believe to have caused all this. But again as Anibal says above, my opinion isn’t really what this is about and i cannot turn this into a story about maybes and opinions. Facts are facts and I will share something in regards to the opinions that this is all on my selling dealer. Look at the underside of my swingarm, the rectangle lighter spot is where a label or sticker was peeled off after the swingarm was painted. Something I was aware of first week after purchase. This happen during production/paint, at the factory? I say not in a million years….while looking at same bike on the floor of a different dealer I got down to look and there was the same label removed triangle after paint.

Message me any questions regarding anything not making sense and I’ll answer. In a previous post I started to ramble about my opinion and it’s the closest I’ll get to giving it verbatim. What I am saying is I have a double whammy I’m dealing with….if you are confused and just so happen to have bought one of the highly incentivized baggers 2022’s some 2023’s like mine go have a real close look at the fit and finish, you won’t be happy and I sympathize, do I ever…..anyhow, then I’m dealing with whatever the dealer is responsible for. Just someone refer me to a seasoned fraud attorney, unfortunately this is not a lemon law case. That said, because of the facts and because of what I have in my folder, I won’t hire someone who’s just going to try and have the bike bought back. Sorry for how it sounds but I want much more
A simple solution which protects you legally is to just name the city the machine in question was purchased in. Perfectly legal. I do hope you get clear of this ugly mess.

Back