MPG dropped after the ECU flash and DNA filter installed.

I noticed the exact same when it came to fuel economy, however, the bike is way better to ride and I do not miss it. The reality is that it was running way too lean before and that is not good for the bike in itself, runs way cooler now.

I need to add that with 6k miles on the bike, Brentuned, DNA #2, in Rock mode I am getting around 42mpg on average. The bike keeps getting better! It fkin HAULS ASS now...The exhaust is deeper, more punctual, and louder. Sounds killer with the STOCK EXHAUST..I love the cold startup...each compression stroke L-R sounds like individual cannons! You gotta put some miles on this thing...It likes 93 octane, ETHANOL FREE fuel the most, I CANNOT stress this enough. ETHANOL IS FKING POISON!! BTW...leave the exhaust alone! It is of super high quality and is specifically designed by BMW for this specific bike. I laugh at backyard fabricators whom think they know more then BMfkingW...give me a break...The Classic's stock exhaust is perfect. I think allot of the run ability issues stem from exhaust modification. Leave it alone for best results!

Does the Classic have the same exhaust system as the B and TC? They look very similar.
I checked out the parts list for Classic vs TC exhaust at https://www.ascycles.com/

In the rear, it looks like the mufflers, end caps, and trim brackets (for bags) are different part numbers from Classic to TC.

I think the TC stock exhaust output level still allows for reasonable to excellent music listening quality at most any speed.

The Classic is my favorite sounding stock exhaust, compared to TC and Pure, it seems to deliver something extra. :giggle:

Last edited:
I checked out the parts list for Classic vs TC exhaust at https://www.ascycles.com/

In the rear, it looks like the mufflers, end caps, and trim brackets (for bags) are different part numbers anyways.

The Classic is my favorite stock exhaust, compared to TC and Pure, it seems to deliver something extra. :giggle:
It truly does. Especially after the mods as mentioned. It's plenty loud, and very deep and powerful sounding. Plus the exhaust itself is of high quality, double walled construction, and if you Brentune it, the chrome will not blue.

Back