Leg Rests

I've had the BMW crash guard and leg rest for over a year. the leg rests are rather high above the cylinder; higher than I expected, which means the relief to my hips is nil. I'm short, so it's awkward for me to get my legs up onto the rests in the first place while still reaching the handlebars, and if it weren't for my backrest, the footrest would be pointless, because I would be in a clamshell position.
the best thing the BMW footrest has going for it is the mounting bracket where it mounts to the crashguard is in the perfect place for me to rest my boot, so more often than not, my foot is not even on the leg rest itself, it's actually on the cylinder, leaned against the leg rest

I tried the OEM Leg Rest when I first purchased my bike (Model B); after two long rides, I took them off and sold them to another forum member...

If considering leg rest, I'd probably give the Wunderlich product a try; plus, I think they look much better on the bike and integrate well onto the cylinder head.

All in All... I find the natural riding position on the Model B extremely comfortable.

Back