Leg Rests

Has anyone installed and actually used these BMW leg Rests? Riding at my age of 70, I found it nearly impossible to use these things. Removing your ley at 80 MPH and its pulled behind you! I have a pair of these that are for sale after installing, using for 1 day and then removing them. Anyone interested? they were $510 new when purchased. Will sell for $350

I had the same experience; purchased, tried on two or three rides, removed, posted, sold and shipped..

👎

I'd probably try the Wunderlich leg rest solution, they're just a little too pricey for my comfort..

Are the Wunderlich leg rests any different from the BMW leg rests, different leg position? It doesn't look like it

I'm not entirely sure; however, it's a much cleaner look and appears to be not as far forward when compared to the BMW OEM rest:

Screenshot_20240207-161430.png

The Wunderlich rests look much better. I removed my OEM leg rests too. They cover up too much of that beautiful cylinder, are awkard in practice, and the wind goes right up your pants leg.

I went to install a set of Wunderlich leg rests today, but at the beginning of the install, I found that the holes in the supplied brackets were too small for the original screws from the bike. M6 screws do not fit in a 4.8mm hole.
I contacted Wunderlich Australia to find out if they supplied me the correct parts.......They are waiting for an answer from Wunderlich Germany.

Back