Kellermann Prototype controller for Bullet Tail Lights

Your adapter most likely has a resistor. I am trying not to cut the oem wires hence looking at the Wunderlich harness.

You will only need two wires (ground and light) for the lights unless you tie both leads together to power both bulbs at the same time. The US models send 5VDC for running, 12 VDC for brake and for turn just alternate voltage to blinks the lights. I don’t think you will need the resistor If using the Wunderlich harness.
Hey e66. I had a follow up question. Did you get the harness from Wunderlich America in NC? If so, is it different from the one shown in the wiring diagram which I believe is for the European market or the same ? Hard to get a clear answer directly from Wunderlich on this.

Finally getting around to doing this! Stuck on disconnecting the OEM tailight harness from the housing. See attached pic. Anyone know how to remove it? Thanks much!

Attachments

• Screenshot_20230630-142404.png
    Screenshot_20230630-142404.png
    1.9 MB · Views: 10
Finally getting around to doing this! Stuck on disconnecting the OEM tailight harness from the housing. See attached pic. Anyone know how to remove it? Thanks much!
That plastic joint unclips off of the larger plastic frame. It may be easier to figure out once it’s off.

Reactions: avi
That plastic joint unclips off of the larger plastic frame. It may be easier to figure out once it’s off.
Thanks MilwDave! Still can't figure it out! Here is another pic from the front. It's the rear light harness connector. Is there a clip somewhere I am missing? Driving me nuts! I think I lost 6 hours today because of this!

Attachments

• 20230630_184543_HDR.jpg
    20230630_184543_HDR.jpg
    5.9 MB · Views: 11
Thanks MilwDave! Still can't figure it out! Here is another pic from the front. It's the rear light harness connector. Is there a clip somewhere I am missing? Driving me nuts! I think I lost 6 hours today because of this!
I’ll be honest, it’s been a few months but I have a foggy recollection that it just unplugs from that plastic union.

Kinda hard to see in there even with a flashlight. Can't believe this is so hard. Clearly I'm missing something obvious. When done I think I will be crying and laughing at the same time 😂

Well I gave up and sawed the sucker off. Even after taking off the OEM tailight connector and looking at it I don't know how else I would've done it. Anyway, the bobber project is done. Everything seems to be working. Attached pics. Thank you @e66 and @MilwDave for your tips with the lighting. It helped tremendously. I bought the Wunderlich adapter which worked perfectly. Of course I had to give up the orange light functionality of the mini bates lights since the US bikes do not power those wires. But that's OK.

Attachments

• 20230707_201814_HDR.jpg
    20230707_201814_HDR.jpg
    3.1 MB · Views: 23
  • 20230708_184111_HDR.jpg
    20230708_184111_HDR.jpg
    3.1 MB · Views: 23
Well I gave up and sawed the sucker off. Even after taking off the OEM tailight connector and looking at it I don't know how else I would've done it. Anyway, the bobber project is done. Everything seems to be working. Attached pics. Thank you @e66 and @MilwDave for your tips with the lighting. It helped tremendously. I bought the Wunderlich adapter which worked perfectly. Of course I had to give up the orange light functionality of the mini bates lights since the US bikes do not power those wires. But that's OK.
I have to put the fishtails back on my bike. That rear shot convinced me.
I was hoping to get them gutted this year but I never found anyone to do it and the cost to ship them to the UK is prohibited.

Back