Just test rode.. Maintenance?

Just had first service done this morning on my classic. Cost was $311 USD. There was also a service bulletin to relube the shaft drive done.

Scott, thank you. Though they did not have a Large size with the cool map graphic I went back today and found a C4 Pro
RevZilla has a really great deal on the Schuberth C4 Pro if looking for a flip-up full face helmet; I have a C4 Pro Carbon, which was my primary helmet when riding my GS Adventure; now I mostly wear a 2/3 helmet.
[/URL]

As far as dragging floorboards; I have only scuffed the sacrificial nub on each of my floorboards while riding some curvy roads. I typically practice making tight U-turns, especially since owning the B-Model; and I've never dragged the floorboards while practicing U-turns.

I will most likely start wearing my C4 Pro as the weather starts to get cooler here in the Northeast area; however, I'm sure my HD buddies will poke fun at me for the look... :)
RevZilla has a really great deal on the Schuberth C4 Pro if looking for a flip-up full face helmet; I have a C4 Pro Carbon, which was my primary helmet when riding my GS Adventure; now I mostly wear a 2/3 helmet.
[/URL]

As far as dragging floorboards; I have only scuffed the sacrificial nub on each of my floorboards while riding some curvy roads. I typically practice making tight U-turns, especially since owning the B-Model; and I've never dragged the floorboards while practicing U-turns.

I will most likely start wearing my C4 Pro as the weather starts to get cooler here in the Northeast area; however, I'm sure my HD buddies will poke fun at me for the look... :)
Scott, thank you. Did not found one in large with the cool map graphic but went back today and pretty much got the last Large it seems of a Matt black C4 Pro for like $324 before tax.

I have to say, for anyone reading, it is simply so dam great the community we have on this site. I feel everyone tries to share information, help each other, and of course share killer deals if found :) and your post is a recent example of that. A user taking their time to share a lead even though it takes their time to do so.

I will toss some reflective yellow ‘wateh for motorcycle’ logo on the back so maybe a cage will see me when behind my oh cool R18FE black ride :)

Hum…so is this a deal to get the pre=paid maintenance package? Not sure my dealer mentioned it though if did I failed to realize it.
I paid $2199 for the PPM, Averages out to $366 per service for the first 36,000 miles. I know some people probably will say it's a waste of money. It just makes life easier knowing I don't have to pay for maintenance for the first 36,000 miles. finance department talked to me about all the extra packages and whatnot.

I paid $2199 for the PPM, Averages out to $366 per service for the first 36,000 miles. I know some people probably will say it's a waste of money. It just makes life easier knowing I don't have to pay for maintenance for the first 36,000 miles. finance department talked to me about all the extra packages and whatnot.
BMW service is both time & mileage. There are services roughly every 6K miles and annual. If you do fewer miles than 6K/year, you’ll be doing an annual off-cycle from the 6K. Is your plan just on mileage, or also includes the annual services?

BMW service is both time & mileage. There are services roughly every 6K miles and annual. If you do fewer miles than 6K/year, you’ll be doing an annual off-cycle from the 6K. Is your plan just on mileage, or also includes the annual services?
It's 3 year/36,000 miles whichever comes first. I do 6,000 miles in about 6 months; I live in Texas, so we really don't have an off season.

Get the base model. Slick as fock, the best looking motorcycle I've ever owned, and I've owned quite a few. The bagger comes with a windshield and obviously the bags. The transcontinental is a Street Glide in disguise. Looks more like a Harley than a BMW. A total departure from what the bike was supposed to look and be. I don't like it a bit. I noticed a lot of owners running after aftermarket parts that turn the bike into something else. It won't be a BMW anymore. I am amazed by the ignorance and poor taste of a lot of guys.
Don't treat this R18 as the only bike because it can't be, and you'll be disappointed. Keep it simple and it will make you feel like a James Dean of the twenty first century. Which is so fockin' cool in my book!
Just a thought.
I agree with your assement. I will turn 64 this December, but I like the looks and the vibe the base puts out. I ride it like it’s a bike to be romped around on and it fits that purpose beautifully. I have ordered a Corbin solo seat for it, cause the factory seat causes pain and suffering after a couple of hours.

Last edited:
I asked about an extended warranty and or a pre-paid maintenance program at the time of purchase for my B model; my dealership didn't have anything available, or at least anything they wanted to offer.

Back