handlebar risers by Wild1

What kind of work did you have to get them to fit or did everything still have leftover slack? Is this the standard R18? I was considering putting risers but was worried about the lines and cables being cut to an exact length. Also, these are the WO811 1" risers, correct?

Thanks!

4BA4C26A-1169-449A-A64D-B6F67025D967.jpeg
What kind of work did you have to get them to fit or did everything still have leftover slack? Is this the standard R18? I was considering putting risers but was worried about the lines and cables being cut to an exact length. Also, these are the WO811 1" risers, correct?

Thanks!
they only have one kind of 1" riser in black or chrome.I made the extensions in the pic from 1/2" wide aluminum purchased at home depot.the handlebars are heavy and would be better to have one other person to help.you have to cut zip ties on left side brake line and the wire harness in the middle.of course you will need longer bolts also from home depot.remove windscreen and drop headlight.

Thanks!

Hey Jarhead! And I hope you take this as compliment coming from a swabby from the same Vietnam era. Thank you for your service. Did you make the bracket yourself to raise the fluid connections on the triple tree? Where did you get the 1” longer bolts? I maybe pushing it but I’m considering the 6.5”mini ape hanger. According to my estimation, the mini ape hanger is only 1.5” higher than the 5” stock. Do you feel that there is enough slack on the fluid lines?IMG_2536.jpeg

thanks foryour service also.Yes,I made the extensions from .5" aluminum from hardware store😀There is just enough brake line slack to raise bar 1".the left side is tighter than right side.I had to raise tank and snip zip ties on left side to get more brake line slack.the wire harness in middle of tank has some extra slack.I did the handlebar removal and re install myself but another person would have been helpful.the bar with everything on is heavy and awkward.
the longer bolts I got from a fastener supplier,but they are not torques.
Good luck.

also installed Honda Valkyrie hardbags😎
Have you also considered getting the Valkyrie's six cylinders six carburators engine and all the headaches that come with it? It would be an awesome addition to your Beemer/Honda new age/ancient future project and the portal into a new dimension of space and time.
Something for you to consider...

thanks foryour service also.Yes,I made the extensions from .5" aluminum from hardware store😀There is just enough brake line slack to raise bar 1".the left side is tighter than right side.I had to raise tank and snip zip ties on left side to get more brake line slack.the wire harness in middle of tank has some extra slack.I did the handlebar removal and re install myself but another person would have been helpful.the bar with everything on is heavy and awkward.
the longer bolts I got from a fastener supplier,but they are not torques.
Good luck.
You meant to say that Wunderlich was the source of "inspiration" in making those brackets, but you decided not to give them credit for it, did you?
How do I know that, you wonder (lich)?
I know because I do have the Wunderlich 25mm bar risers that came with longer brake lines, longer bolts and the brackets you so proudly display as if it were your own design.

You meant to say that Wunderlich was the source of "inspiration" in making those brackets, but you decided not to give them credit for it, did you?
How do I know that, you wonder (lich)?
I know because I do have the Wunderlich 25mm bar risers that came with longer brake lines, longer bolts and the brackets you so proudly display as if it were your own design.
I do not give them credit as I never saw anything from them,jerk.It's too bad you have to rely on other people to solve your problems.I have been fabricating for 50 years.I don't need other people to design for me.I put Valkyrie hard bags on my R18.Try it.It was a lot of work.Or,maybe wait for Wunderlich to figure it out first.Then you can bravely put them on your bike.
The big difference between you and me is you were Navy.we,Marines had to make sure you were tucked in at night with your teddy bear.

I do not give them credit as I never saw anything from them,jerk.It's too bad you have to rely on other people to solve your problems.I have been fabricating for 50 years.I don't need other people to design for me.I put Valkyrie hard bags on my R18.Try it.It was a lot of work.Or,maybe wait for Wunderlich to figure it out first.Then you can bravely put them on your bike.
The big difference between you and me is you were Navy.we,Marines had to make sure you were tucked in at night with your teddy bear.
Easy on the Navy guys Marine😄. You guys can’t get anywhere to do your outstanding duties without our ships. I am definitely w you!! In fact, I worked in the airframe shop in 1970 and still manufacturing new parts. Please continue to share projects so I don’t have to reinvent the wheel. I built my 1933 3 window coup from the frame up, and customized a 1955 and 2000 Harleys. I am not happy unless I am creating something. As far as Calboy is concerned, he may still be selecting his next toy off the shelf.

Easy on the Navy guys Marine😄. You guys can’t get anywhere to do your outstanding duties without our ships. I am definitely w you!! In fact, I worked in the airframe shop in 1970 and still manufacturing new parts. Please continue to share projects so I don’t have to reinvent the wheel. I built my 1933 3 window coup from the frame up, and customized a 1955 and 2000 Harleys. I am not happy unless I am creating something. As far as Calboy is concerned, he may still be selecting his next toy off the shelf.
I knew I'd offend somebody.Calboy assumed incorrectly that I cannot think for myself.
May you have fair winds and following seas😉
Just to be clear,I was never on a ship😎

Last edited:
I knew I'd offend somebody.Calboy assumed incorrectly that I cannot think for myself.
May you have fair winds and following seas😉
Just to be clear,I was never on a ship😎
Good morning sir. I attempted to take one of two bolts securing the riser to the triple so I can get the necessary 1” longer. It is unscrewing but it continues to be tight. Usually once you break loose, it becomes easier. Are they red LockTighted and need to apply heat? Regards, Tony

Good morning sir. I attempted to take one of two bolts securing the riser to the triple so I can get the necessary 1” longer. It is unscrewing but it continues to be tight. Usually once you break loose, it becomes easier. Are they red LockTighted and need to apply heat? Regards, Tony
yes,they were very tight all the way.lots of thread lock.

Back