finally got mine.

well pick up yesterday was a rain wash out.
got up this morning streets were wet and the skies dark and heavy but i went and got it. rode it out of the showroom and headed home. light drizzle, streets had standing water but i got a eight mile ride including part interstate.
never test rode one until the ride home on mine. had it set on ROLL and was impressed with the buckets of torque the bike produced. rolled on it at 70 mph and looked at the speedo and was on the right side of 90. yea, this will work. spent and hour cleaning the mud and grime from the road conditions. totally worth it.View attachment 8189
Now that is nice,didn't know they did a matt black one.

Rufus , quite a few now at 500/1000 miles at £11.500, Vertu dealers Rotherham (ex Alan jefferies) have some with only 5 miles on ,at £13,500 !
told me they need to make room for new stock, recon new 1200, or anniversary models ? .....Eddie
Hi Eddie,
Yea, wow. I mean that’s amazing value to people now, not so much to everyone who bought before but what can we do about that 🤷‍♂️. I can’t see BMW keeping this bike on the books, they must be losing money on them, that’s virtually half price. I have no plans on selling mine so in a way it makes no difference, in fact if they do ‘can it’ prices will probably go up like they have with say Honda’s 1800 F6C Valkyrie. That could be a good thing…..

I wonder if they are selling much better in Europe and Asia than the states...
Dunno. The timing couldn’t have been worse really, launching an expensive +£20k very niche bike just when a pandemic is ripping around the Globe (putting everything into lockdown), swiftly followed by fuel and energy prices going through the roof too. It’s no wonder it’s a hard sell TBH….

motorcycle sales themselves have been falling on a yearly basis for the past few years. 18-30 year olds don't have the passion/desire for motorcycles as previous generations had, and the pandemic certainly didn't help.

Back