finally got mine.

greetings from OFallon Mo.
been lusting after the R18 since first seeing the pre production prototype. have owned numerous /5, /6, and /7 models. also oil head variants including a couple of R1200C's and 1150 roadsters. throw in a few K bikes in the mix also.
went to Gateway BMW in Chesterfield Mo. for their annual Christmas Party and grand opening.
outside in the inventory was a matt green standard model i had seen on their website.
$11500 out the door with 0% financing and BMW makes the first four payments. 11 miles on it so considered a demo. pick it up tomorrow.IMG_0795.jpg

Last edited:
greetings from OFallon Mo.
been lusting after the R18 since first seeing the pre production prototype. have owned numerous /5, /6, and /7 models. also oil head variants including a couple of R1200C's and 1150 roadsters. throw in a few K bikes in the mix also.
went to Gateway BMW in Chesterfield Mo. for their annual Christmas Party and grand opening.
outside in the inventory was a matt green standard model i had seen on their website.
$11500 out the door with 0% financing and BMW makes the first three payments. 11 miles on it so considered a demo. pick it up tomorrow.View attachment 8150
I like your German handle. Translate please. I think “genuch” means enough.

You know, the previous entries make me think…. 2 years ago BMW pitched the MSRP where they thought/hoped/expected it to sell and especially in the US how on earth can they still make money selling for $11500? Makes me think they will actually pull the plug on the R18, it’s a classy bike, very well put together and finished to a very high standard, don’t know what they actually cost to make but it wouldn’t surprise me if they were losing $ on every one. 🤷‍♂️. Over here in the UK nearly new are going for around £12500-£14000 depending upon condition/mileage. There’s not that many around either so I presume everyone who wanted one (like me) has bagged one by now. No offence but a Honda Rebel is not in the same class (IMHO).

and they are making the first four payments. i went 36 months so and additional $1000 off.
then i pay off the balance of $10,500 of a simple interest loan with no pre pay penalty.

Last edited:
Even more astounding, isn’t a Royal Enfield 650 something like $6500 in the US? Surely this can’t go on?

well pick up yesterday was a rain wash out.
got up this morning streets were wet and the skies dark and heavy but i went and got it. rode it out of the showroom and headed home. light drizzle, streets had standing water but i got a eight mile ride including part interstate.
never test rode one until the ride home on mine. had it set on ROLL and was impressed with the buckets of torque the bike produced. rolled on it at 70 mph and looked at the speedo and was on the right side of 90. yea, this will work. spent and hour cleaning the mud and grime from the road conditions. totally worth it.IMG_0818 (3).jpg

Congrats 👏🏻 👏🏻 👏🏻
I picked up the red one this morning. I saw yours there last saterday and almost threw a leg over it before I saw the sold sign on it👍🏻
View attachment 8221
Cool color Aaron!! Congrats!! Did you happen to see my blue/green R18 in the showroom? Haulbikes is supposed to pickup Dec 28-30. Jon and team at Gateway has been outstanding to do business with🍷. I can’t wait to put my Harley gear on and ride my Beamer😄

Cool color Aaron!! Congrats!! Did you happen to see my blue/green R18 in the showroom? Haulbikes is supposed to pickup Dec 28-30. Jon and team at Gateway has been outstanding to do business with🍷. I can’t wait to put my Harley gear on and ride my Beamer😄
Yes I did! The r18 I bought was was last one they have except for a new 2021 custom build they had done, but I think they may end up having it put back to stock since they haven't had any bites on it.
They do have a bunch of tc's and baggers left. Really wish I could feel comfortable on one, my damn legs just too long👎🏻

You know, the previous entries make me think…. 2 years ago BMW pitched the MSRP where they thought/hoped/expected it to sell and especially in the US how on earth can they still make money selling for $11500? Makes me think they will actually pull the plug on the R18, it’s a classy bike, very well put together and finished to a very high standard, don’t know what they actually cost to make but it wouldn’t surprise me if they were losing $ on every one. 🤷‍♂️. Over here in the UK nearly new are going for around £12500-£14000 depending upon condition/mileage. There’s not that many around either so I presume everyone who wanted one (like me) has bagged one by now. No offence but a Honda Rebel is not in the same class (IMHO).
Rufus , quite a few now at 500/1000 miles at £11.500, Vertu dealers Rotherham (ex Alan jefferies) have some with only 5 miles on ,at £13,500 !
told me they need to make room for new stock, recon new 1200, or anniversary models ? .....Eddie

Back