Drive Shaft Illumination

Ya gotta love the cool stuff the aftermarket has developed for the R18.

So far there has been some good aftermarket support, and will only get better with time as more bikes are sold.

good news

After you get the light installed, put a sequence of reflective stickers on the driveshaft.
Post a video when you’re done.

Last edited:
There is a home nearby decorated with Christmas lights that start, stop & change color, with the beat of a local FM radio station. The possibilities are endless.

Truth be known, I have a vain tendency toward anything shiny. I'm with PaulP about all gifts to the chrome gods. It's not out of the question that I get a driveshaft illuminator, and it's not uncommon to see bikes with accent lights. Hopefully the guy that started this thread doesn't feel like we are piling on.

Doesn't fit the R18TC according to WunderlichAmerica.

Earlier it was stated that the lighted drive shaft was bad taste.
Then later (same person) stated that bad taste is only in the eye of the uneducated.

That checks.
Hey, Einstein!
The idea was that the expression "beauty is in the eye of the beholder" is valid only when an uneducated person makes that statement. It is the expression of not knowing when good taste ends and bad taste begins so it is used to validate taste in general, whether is good or bad.
I misread your response but now I made it clear to you. Let's see if you can wrap your mind around it.
The way you responded leads me to believe that the concept of true beauty is way above your pay grade.
Look for Finding Beauty in Nature. Maybe you'll learn a thing or two.

Hey, Einstein!
The idea was that the expression "beauty is in the eye of the beholder" is valid only when an uneducated person makes that statement. It is the expression of not knowing when good taste ends and bad taste begins so it is used to validate taste in general, whether is good or bad.
I misread your response but now I made it clear to you. Let's see if you can wrap your mind around it.
The way you responded leads me to believe that the concept of true beauty is way above your pay grade.
Look for Finding Beauty in Nature. Maybe you'll learn a thing or two.
Oh! FFS! I was going to ignore you in the other thread, but here, I go to the forum main page, and what do I find? A post from you to the thread I pulled a screenshot from, as an example of your rude behavior on this forum (post #11 on this thread). What is this? Stomp around on r18forums like a petulant child, doubling down on insulting people because I called you out on your B.S.???

You're in your mid-60's, but you act like a young millennial who didn't get his participation trophy. This is a BMW motorcycle forum, not a 1960's "easy rider" HD outlaw club, nor is it prison. You don't need to size up the biggest guy and beat him up, or become his bi*ch. Lay off the macho arrogant "my way or highway" attitude. Otherwise, NOBODY will want to help you, even when they know the answer.

Mike

Back