Drive Shaft Illumination

Hello Members, has anyone purchased and installed a drive shaft illuminator sold by Wunderlich America (https://www.wunderlichamerica.com/bmw-r18-wunderlich-driveshaft-illumination.html)? If so, can you share your experience? Is wiring straight forward or involved? Mounting? How difficult would this be out of 1 to 5 wrenches. 5 being expert level? ha
Jeff
I followed the link you provided and looked at the .pdf installation instructions on the page. About half-way through I began to feel like a dog watching television ... but I am not very handy with this kind of stuff. I would like to see a video, at dusk or dark or a street and night of the effect of the LED light on the drive shaft before I committed. I think it may have potential and I also hope that some bling artist creates an entire under bike lighting scheme, say in blue...

I like the idea after seeing the pics. Not available for the R18B or TC but if it is in the pipeline, I'd consider it.

On that note: I build my bike for myself, not to appeal to others. This is a info / support website, not a question bashing website.
You are such a sensitive individual! That illuminated drive shaft is just an idiotic, worthless, unnecessary , kitschy idea.
Write to the moderators and ask, or maybe even order them, to give me a temporary ban for speaking my mind. Don't forget to add that you're in search of a safe environment to express yourself, and this particular one is not it.
After that see what happens. If it doesn't get resolved to your satisfaction, you can certainly go back to being a cry baby.

You are such a sensitive individual! That illuminated drive shaft is just an idiotic, worthless, unnecessary , kitschy idea.
Write to the moderators and ask, or maybe even order them, to give me a temporary ban for speaking my mind. Don't forget to add that you're in search of a safe environment to express yourself, and this particular one is not it.
After that see what happens. If it doesn't get resolved to your satisfaction, you can certainly go back to being a cry baby.
didn’t say any of that, just thought I would get a kick out of triggering you today ! :ROFLMAO: ;) Happy Holidays Buddy. I really don’t care what anyone does to their own bike. Thats why we buy our own and don’t share one.

I tend to like stuff that's really different but this one just doesn't do it for me🤔
Maybe kinda neat to turn on at bike night to show off to others?
I think I'd be afraid to have it on going down the road...my luck some ding dong in their car would get distracted by it and end up accidently running me over😀
To each his own though👍🏻
Definitely do what makes you happy. Life's too short not to

Earlier it was stated that the lighted drive shaft was bad taste.
Then later (same person) stated that bad taste is only in the eye of the uneducated.

That checks.

This particular sort of thing is a "miss" for me, but then again, most of the bikes that R2K posts in the "Customs" thread are misses also. Doesn't mean that I don't enjoy looking and find them interesting. In any case, even if I was a fan, I tend not to ride much at night, which would tend to minimize the impact of such a thing.

Back