DELETE - Get your kern stabi lift for 20% off

BigJimSlim

Site Supporter
Thought I had a nice lead on a discount code for the kern stabi stand. Hornig wisely reduced the regular price a bit, so their 20% off code doesn’t apply. Super lame.

Mods, please delete.

Last edited:
I watched Scott Simone's excellent video on lifting his Transcontinental.
Is there a preferred vendor for buying the Kern Stabi X518?
I would guess any BMW dealer would have it?

The Kern-Stabi is the best investment I ever made for my R18. Easy on, easy off; does not take a weight lifter to operate; easiest way to change fluids; keeps bike vertical for storage; great anti-theft device...just remove the lift/lower bar and keep it hidden; very easy to remove/inspect tires, when used it takes up no more room than bike itself; store out of the way by hanging on the wall or end of work bench; cost is less than most bike accessories; super heavy duty; etc., etc., etc.

EDIT: I forgot to elaborate on a very important point.....it takes me maybe <3-4 minutes to get my R18 off the ground without electricity or pressure pump!

Last edited:
The Kern-Stabi is the best investment I ever made for my R18. Easy on, easy off; does not take a weight lifter to operate; easiest way to change fluids; keeps bike vertical for storage; great anti-theft device...just remove the lift/lower bar and keep it hidden; very easy to remove/inspect tires, when used it takes up no more room than bike itself; store out of the way by hanging on the wall or end of work bench; cost is less than most bike accessories; super heavy duty; etc., etc., etc.
AGREE 100%..!!

Scott I used your video how-to for my initial setup!
Definitely don't need those two cross members when performing an oil change and or transmission fluid change.. they'll just get in the way..

I had purchased two coupling PINs and was using both of them for a time; I recently went back to just using the single PIN configuration, where I removed the engine mounted PIN on the LEFT side. I found it a little difficult to remove the X-518 because of the 2nd coupling PIN being in play.

Scott I didn't vary from the factory instructions....using only the one coupling PIN on the left side. Not a problem. Thanks

Apparently it is safe to lift the bike with just one pin?
I’m partially OCD, when I get the Kern Stabi, I’d be tempted to use two pins.

As long as the rear guide is secured properly and the single coupling PIN is secured; the unsecured side will rest on the flat resting point on the engine case.

I received the X518 and the “maneuvering set” X518R2 here in the US. But there were NO instructions whatsoever on how to assemble the stand included in the package.

Does anyone know where to get those instructions in English?

How did everyone here put the stand together? Did you receive printed instructions in the box?

TIA!

I received the X518 and the “maneuvering set” X518R2 here in the US. But there were NO instructions whatsoever on how to assemble the stand included in the package.

How did everyone here put the stand together? Did you receive printed instructions in the box?

TIA!
Go on hornig bmw site there is a video

TIA!
If you can’t find them, I’ll scan the copy I have.

I've folded and ordered the kit with the wheels as well (my garage is only 7' wide, so some manouvering is required) as I have my 12k service coming up- the previous seller had a dealer give it an oil change and then claimed that the "big" service was done 🙄. Currenly held in customs for £96 worth of duties :eek: The seller (Louis in Germany) have said they will pick that up though :sneaky:

Back