DELETE - Get your kern stabi lift for 20% off

BigJimSlim

Site Supporter
Thought I had a nice lead on a discount code for the kern stabi stand. Hornig wisely reduced the regular price a bit, so their 20% off code doesn’t apply. Super lame.

Mods, please delete.

Last edited:
I watched Scott Simone's excellent video on lifting his Transcontinental.
Is there a preferred vendor for buying the Kern Stabi X518?
I would guess any BMW dealer would have it?

The Kern-Stabi is the best investment I ever made for my R18. Easy on, easy off; does not take a weight lifter to operate; easiest way to change fluids; keeps bike vertical for storage; great anti-theft device...just remove the lift/lower bar and keep it hidden; very easy to remove/inspect tires, when used it takes up no more room than bike itself; store out of the way by hanging on the wall or end of work bench; cost is less than most bike accessories; super heavy duty; etc., etc., etc.

EDIT: I forgot to elaborate on a very important point.....it takes me maybe <3-4 minutes to get my R18 off the ground without electricity or pressure pump!

Last edited:
The Kern-Stabi is the best investment I ever made for my R18. Easy on, easy off; does not take a weight lifter to operate; easiest way to change fluids; keeps bike vertical for storage; great anti-theft device...just remove the lift/lower bar and keep it hidden; very easy to remove/inspect tires, when used it takes up no more room than bike itself; store out of the way by hanging on the wall or end of work bench; cost is less than most bike accessories; super heavy duty; etc., etc., etc.
AGREE 100%..!!

Scott I used your video how-to for my initial setup!
Definitely don't need those two cross members when performing an oil change and or transmission fluid change.. they'll just get in the way..

I had purchased two coupling PINs and was using both of them for a time; I recently went back to just using the single PIN configuration, where I removed the engine mounted PIN on the LEFT side. I found it a little difficult to remove the X-518 because of the 2nd coupling PIN being in play.

Scott I didn't vary from the factory instructions....using only the one coupling PIN on the left side. Not a problem. Thanks

Apparently it is safe to lift the bike with just one pin?
I’m partially OCD, when I get the Kern Stabi, I’d be tempted to use two pins.

As long as the rear guide is secured properly and the single coupling PIN is secured; the unsecured side will rest on the flat resting point on the engine case.

Back