Brake lever

You have the ability to print 'FFF' or similar? .. uhhhh now I a jealous!! ;) ... mine is a '21 FE .. and there are only 2 other R18 in our region that I know of and they another FE and a 'Classic' ... so it could be that the lever on these models is a one-piece ... anyway I have to physically look to verify.
Thanks for making me look!!
Printing this would just be for mocking it up and seeing how it felt stationary. Probably just use some glass filled polypropylene for this. I'd either order the actual part from BMW or machine an extension. Ultimately I really need to take the time to pull the lever itself off so I'm not just looking at diagrams and see everything for myself. While BMWs price for this part is a bit much in my opinion, I like the idea of having the factory part so that's the direction I'd probably go.

Printing this would just be for mocking it up and seeing how it felt stationary. Probably just use some glass filled polypropylene for this. I'd either order the actual part from BMW or machine an extension. Ultimately I really need to take the time to pull the lever itself off so I'm not just looking at diagrams and see everything for myself. While BMWs price for this part is a bit much in my opinion, I like the idea of having the factory part so that's the direction I'd probably go.
I see ... and agree on the parts cost .. it is a bit much for such a small part. If mine is removable I will fire up the mill and see if I can carve something out as well, I will let you know how it goes 😀

I see ... and agree on the parts cost .. it is a bit much for such a small part. If mine is removable I will fire up the mill and see if I can carve something out as well, I will let you know how it goes 😀
With a mill and a longer bolt, making a spacer should be trivial from looking at the diagrams.

Found this peg somewhere else in the forum and it is just what i needed to make the brake lever accessible without pigeon toeing my foot. Kuryakyn makes it. Its called a Thresher Shift Peg for HD.. The black is PN 5957. The Chrome version is PN 5956. I tapped out the threads in the new part for a 8MM socket head screw, It was not hard to remove the brake lever to make it easier to replace that short pedal.

Attachments

• brake pedal 1.jpg
    brake pedal 1.jpg
    128.8 KB · Views: 27
  • brake pedal 2.jpg
    brake pedal 2.jpg
    117.9 KB · Views: 27
Back