BMW R20 Concept

Beautiful swingarm!

S8-208971-802712.jpg

So they are making a cafe racer? I'd like to know what they did to the motor? I wonder if they just bored out the block on the 1800 to pick up 200cc's? Seems like with a few mods to the 1800 you could get a lot more torque and keep it reliable.
This R20 seems like it competes with the R9T.....

Instead of the R20, I'd like them to set up a speed shop for performance mods on the R18.....

It's getting difficult to keep up with all of the R18 models....
I suppose we'll start seeing the same thing with R20 models.
Love to see an R20RS and a R20RT with the old style fairings.......

With the current CEO being vocal about his disapproval of the R18 range and low sales combined with the headlight fiasco, brace yourself for the R18 going the same ways as the R12C. It's a definite possibility.

With the current CEO being vocal about his disapproval of the R18 range and low sales combined with the headlight fiasco, brace yourself for the R18 going the same ways as the R12C. It's a definite possibility.
Didn’t realize the CEO had a public stance! Would love to read up about it. Any links?

My R1200C got ogles and comments at every gas station. Loved the bike with its ape hanger bars and upright riding posture. My R18 is my next R1200C as I bought ape hangers in an effort to duplicate the C.

Didn’t realize the CEO had a public stance! Would love to read up about it. Any links?
I don't, when he came on board at the end of last year, in one interview I read he mentioned that he did not see that BMW had a need to compete with the already established American cruiser market. The R12 came out a couple of months later.

Yeah, the R18 is what brought me to BMW.

Anyway, no one cares about anecdotal evidence - resale value and how slow these move of sales floors shows that it's not an instant hit. But I would say - maybe they need to give it a little time for people to "see" the R18 in the wild and/or in marketing? People generally don't even know to look at BMW for a cruiser...

But this R20? That is getting to be a lot of mass in those pistons to sling back and forth. At some point I would think reliability definitely has to take a hit.

What is the top RPM you think for two 1000cc cylinders?

Back