Bag protection bars - are there any other manufacturers other than Wunderlich?

I bought a chrome set from a vendor in China off of eBay on June 26th at a cost of approx $350 CDN. Delivery was suppose to take 20 - 30 days. 30 days later - no delivery or updated tracking info. After contacting the vendor, they said there was a problem with the freight forwarder who in turn returned the goods back to the vendor. At less than half the cost of the Wunderlich bars, I thought I’d take a chance and give them a try. The vendor is shipping them again. If it helps, here’s the link for the luggage protection bars.
https://www.ebay.ca/itm/14505319964...NQ5EFB2Tfa&var=&widget_ver=artemis&media=COPY

These appear to be the exact same style, fit and finish as the Wunderlich bars. I actually downloaded the install instructions from Wunderlich website. I attached a picture of the whole bike, you can see the rear guards. To be honest, these are the exact same as Wunderlich, but at half the price and made in China.
And I see the 3-star rating is from a single reviewer, so I'm HIGHLY skeptical of said rating (might even be an employee of Wunderlich...).

HawaiianArmy, do you mind posting a side shot of the crash bars and the saddlebags, like a 2D side shot of the bike? Curious to see if the bars flow parallel to the pin striping of the bags.

Thanks!

Mike

These appear to be the exact same style, fit and finish as the Wunderlich bars. I actually downloaded the install instructions from Wunderlich website. I attached a picture of the whole bike, you can see the rear guards. To be honest, these are the exact same as Wunderlich, but at half the price and made in China.
Wasn't there a problem with the 1st generation wunderlich bars? Are these the same shape as the 2nd generation?

The ones on Amazon appear to have the same/similar design as the Gen1 Wunderlich.

Note the tube used at the seat connection, pics show Wunderlich Gen1 and Gen 2

pic of Wunderlich Gen2 top attachment point - pic from instructions sent with my replacement bars.

WunderlichR18TCCaseBarDetail_gen2.jpg

pic of Wunderlich Gen1 top attachment point

WunderlichR18TCCaseBarDetail_gen1.jpg

Note Wunderlich pictures on their US website and in their instruction doc still show Gen 1, but new bars ship with the new instructions.

hope this is helpful

Last edited:
Who's laying their bike down on an outdoor carpet in order to see if the protection bars actually protect the exhaust silencers from making contact with the ground?

I bought a pair of bars from Baione from Amazon as well and promptly returned them once I received the shipment. The condition of the box and the (damaged) contents made me a little leery of the vendor.

IMG_7756.jpegIMG_7754.jpegIMG_7750.jpeg

Back