Anyone know if this will clear the factory service codes?

Those of us that have ordered the BrenTune. Will this work in lieu of the above?
Thought about the BT but I have a hard time justifying the initial cost, plus I am not really into uploading different maps into the ecu only to revert to the stock map every time I take the bike to the dealership.
Just too much of a headache for me. I had my fair share of the Power Commanders of the world and the Race Tuners of the Harley Davidson universe. I am a firm believer in the German engineering, and the stock fuel mapping with the three modes is good enough for me.
I am looking now to buy this OBD2 Link LX/MX scanner, and the MotoScan software, so I can turn off/reset the annoying service light. Simple man with a simple taste!

Thought about the BT but I have a hard time justifying the initial cost, plus I am not really into uploading different maps into the ecu only to revert to the stock map every time I take the bike to the dealership.
Just too much of a headache for me. I had my fair share of the Power Commanders of the world and the Race Tuners of the Harley Davidson universe. I am a firm believer in the German engineering, and the stock fuel mapping with the three modes is good enough for me.
I am looking now to buy this OBD2 Link LX/MX scanner, and the MotoScan software, so I can turn off/reset the annoying service light. Simple man with a simple taste!
Due to weather being pretty rubbish since I purchased my R18C in September, I have only really used Rain & Roll mode. Today with conditions being dry and reasonably warm I switched to Rock mode. Nearly came off the back of the bike as I wasn't ready for the difference it made to the performance.

Due to weather being pretty rubbish since I purchased my R18C in September, I have only really used Rain & Roll mode. Today with conditions being dry and reasonably warm I switched to Rock mode. Nearly came off the back of the bike as I wasn't ready for the difference it made to the performance.
I felt the same way when I switched from 'roll' to 'rock' for the first time. I keep it on 'roll' 90% of the time though, and I am perfectly fine with it.

I ordered the OBDLink LX OBD2 Bluetooth Scanner for Android and Windows.It has a 90 no questions refund policy and a 3 year warranty.Yhe company is based in **Phoenix,Cool.I downloaded the motoscan app($27.85) for BMW motorcycles w/ all models including the R18 model.
Little over $100 w/taxes/
You saved me $200 over the GS-911.
Thank you RhilR18
**(word of warning:there are some less expensive OBD2 knock-offs out there that may or may not work and ECU's are pricey to replace)

TK
I will order this also, since you confirmed that it does include the R18. I will use it on my laptop since I have an I phone and don't have any androids hidden anywhere. Thanks for the info, I may ask some more questions about it later.

I will order this also, since you confirmed that it does include the R18. I will use it on my laptop since I have an I phone and don't have any androids hidden anywhere. Thanks for the info, I may ask some more questions about it later.
I use a android phone(that I use when I travel overseas.No service here but internet works).After some effort and a bunch of attempts, I was able to clear the codes and move oil changes to the future.
Also,I did not want to spend $400 for the GS911 unit.
I am not expert and I fooled with this for about 1 hour before I got the code to clear.I suggest to read everything you can about the unit.I will say,It seemed like there was a time limit. I had only about 30 seconds to erase the code then the unit would jump out of the process.The issues I had may be due to the phone not being in USA service.
Kinda sucks we have to have this type of BMW/dealer controlled warning lites.

Should be unlawful and I bet if someone had deep pockets and the time it could be eliminated.
My 2022 Indian Springfield has no warning lites to erase.My previous Indian Chieftains had Gps or infotainment and it was easily turned off but it did remind without having to go to the dealer.
Even our cars and trucks do not requirer dealer visits to turn off the idiot lites.

Last and kind of a rant.
I really like my R18C coupled with the sidecar is a hoot for sure but,I may not have purchased it if I would have known about all the little additions that BMW likes to serve us.
There is expensive service.The BS(OVERPRICED) G3 gear oil that is GL5 and the only company that that makes it in the 70w80 weight is MoPar for JEEPS,LOL.
Add the idiot lites and Oil spec'd for a wet clutch and the horrible seats.Yeah,even worse than HD.
The drop in pricing and financing got our attention.If you keep it no issue but they seem hard to sell when you are competing with Factory prices even getting lower with 0.9-1.9% and they make up to 3 payments for ya,Wow what a deal,LOL!

Now ,I will shut my pie hole and Good Night Mrs Calabash.Where ever you are.

“…I really like my R18C coupled with the sidecar is a hoot for sure…”.
Indeed, there are dealer service charges hidden behind all that shiny chrome they don’t tell us about. A bit sad really though bmw is fine with what they charge. A spin somewhat maybe on an old sayingi about f you have to ask what it cost…

Would hope servicing would not be higher on B/TC models. Maybe a new 2023 R1250R would cost a fair amount less to service vs a base R18?

With a sidecar many options for bike choice, at least your R18 Classic is one that makes people stop to admire how it looks…in addition to the performance the R18 offers.

ROCK mode...Yes! The same thing happened to me when I switched to ROCK mode -- it almost threw me off the bike! I was still in the "running-in" mileage range so I decided not to use it till after the motor is totally broken in. Can't wait to try it again.

The first time I tried Rock mode I paused.....whoa and had to back off the throttle.

This one works and its cheaper
OBDLink LX OBD2 Bluetooth Scanner for Android and Windows https://www.amazon.com/dp/B00H9S71LW/ref=cm_sw_r_cp_api_glt_fabc_VGNG793E4FK6NR2E8KYX

Also Download the App Motoscan and pay the upgrade pro version $27.85 one time.

The only thing it only works with android and windows... i had one chromebook here otherwise i wouldnt know what to do since i have all apple devices...

Do I need to purchase the D-Shape connector to Round-Shape adapter cable for the OBDLink LX unit; or does the R18 platform support both OBD connector types?

Do I need to purchase the D-Shape connector to Round-Shape adapter cable for the OBDLink LX unit; or does the R18 platform support both OBD connector types?
You don't need to get an adaptor, the obd LX is good to go for the R18... newer bikes has OBD-2 connector already like a car, just plug in...

Some OBD II connectors are on the right like my FE/2021 R18C.It is a pain at first to unplug.The later R18C's(& the R18s) have them on the left side and are easier to get at.
Be careful not to break the holder if you location is on the right.It will unplug easily if you pinch the releases correctly.Take your time.

Back