2022 R 18 B & R 18 TRANSCONTINENTAL WITH 1.9% APR FINANCING + 3 MONTHS PAYMENTS ON BMW + $3,000 CUSTOMER CASH

• Thread starter Deleted member 939
  • Start date
I got a decent deal on my B a while back, but the dealership has slashed the prices this week. Win some, lose some.

Arent the sales for the R18 line pretty good for BMW so far?

While I hope BMW sells a bunch from the R18 family, I bought the bike for keeps since it is just to cool looking and it rides well.

Not bad.
I paid $480.15 for my first 600mile service.I had them change all the fluids so,it was a bit extra.
I checked my valve adjustment and they charged me $176.14
That would have put me $656.29 if I would have had them do both together.
btw,I do shop around and the dealer where I bought my bike is more reasonable.I do have a manual and know about the service intervals.Wish the prices were listed.
Good day
Got a Price quote with taxes 434 for 600 mile service

I got a decent deal on my B a while back, but the dealership has slashed the prices this week. Win some, lose some.

Arent the sales for the R18 line pretty good for BMW so far?
Curious about this too. I got my B (both tech packages, adaptive cruise) for <20k. Judging by them coming out with 4 model variations (two newest of which required a complete overhaul), I would assume they're trying to get enough on the streets for it to be a thing people see and get some aftermarket support going. It may honestly be a combination of 1) what I said, and 2) them dipping their toes in Harley prices, realizing it wasn't going to move units, and deciding to "stack em high and watch em fly" for now to get some market share and recognition.

This is my 3rd BMW since 2014, and I've never owned a cruiser/heavy bike. I gave the two first iterations a glance when I got my R9T last year, but wasn't sold on the style yet. Fast forward a year, putting way more miles on the R9T than assumed (coming back from a two year hiatus after being creamed on my GS) and really wanted my wife to be willing to ride a day with me. R9T wasn't really up to the task in terms of comfort, storage, etc. I started shopping Harley casually, street/road glides, but anything close to what I wanted was 30k+. Randomly stumbled onto the current BMW incentives, saw the B/TC had been added to the lineup, and went from casually shopping Harley to owning the B in a few weeks time.

Back from that tangent, compared to the competition, at least the B/TC (never really shopped standard or classic) are pretty amazing value propositions at 25k or less. Indian doesn't have the fit/finish, and Harley is really proud of their merchandise, with fit/finish similar to BMW. BMW has a pretty terrible dealer network (for those of us not city folk) in the US, but it's really hard not to love the R18 for nearly retail compared to the competition.

Curious about this too. I got my B (both tech packages, adaptive cruise) for <20k. Judging by them coming out with 4 model variations (two newest of which required a complete overhaul), I would assume they're trying to get enough on the streets for it to be a thing people see and get some aftermarket support going. It may honestly be a combination of 1) what I said, and 2) them dipping their toes in Harley prices, realizing it wasn't going to move units, and deciding to "stack em high and watch em fly" for now to get some market share and recognition.

This is my 3rd BMW since 2014, and I've never owned a cruiser/heavy bike. I gave the two first iterations a glance when I got my R9T last year, but wasn't sold on the style yet. Fast forward a year, putting way more miles on the R9T than assumed (coming back from a two year hiatus after being creamed on my GS) and really wanted my wife to be willing to ride a day with me. R9T wasn't really up to the task in terms of comfort, storage, etc. I started shopping Harley casually, street/road glides, but anything close to what I wanted was 30k+. Randomly stumbled onto the current BMW incentives, saw the B/TC had been added to the lineup, and went from casually shopping Harley to owning the B in a few weeks time.

Back from that tangent, compared to the competition, at least the B/TC (never really shopped standard or classic) are pretty amazing value propositions at 25k or less. Indian doesn't have the fit/finish, and Harley is really proud of their merchandise, with fit/finish similar to BMW. BMW has a pretty terrible dealer network (for those of us not city folk) in the US, but it's really hard not to love the R18 for nearly retail compared to the competition.
I bought my HD Fat Bob in 2019 for $19,500 CAD, I asked why it was so much off an it was to make room for new stock. My hunch is BMW are doing the same.

First weather ‘break’ here in florida with some cool temps since last year. Will toss caution to the wind and ride the R18 without any paint protection…though figure walmart internet or local auto parts store sells some sort of ’bonding’ cheap pump spray bottles to help protect paint maybe worth the asking price.

Will see if the ‘mra’? Mini wind screen I got used will mount on the bike After a short ride screenless.

On different day will ride the 2019 goldwing wing tour dct and hope I made the right call settling on the r18 base model Instead of a B/TC trim. Heck, the TFT is the only real ‘treat’ (Halloween is coming) item I feel I would miss most from those trims though for $11.6k hoping the base r18 was the right call.

Old age…rode my feather weight 2012 honda nc700x to friends last night and walked it backwards out of their gravel stone driveway. Hoping I won’t now feel the Wing too heavy to feel comfortable to ride…though heck both it and the r18 have reverse :)

I bought my HD Fat Bob in 2019 for $19,500 CAD, I asked why it was so much off an it was to make room for new stock. My hunch is BMW are doing the same.
Yea, they may have overestimated sales, be trying to get market share, et all. The dealer I bought from had over 20 2022 R18s in stock across the 4 model variations. Compare that with 5 or less of any other model. Granted, they probably know exactly how many GS/RTs they're going to sell, but definitely makes the negotiation easier when 2023 bikes are en route lol.

Back