2022 R 18 B & R 18 TRANSCONTINENTAL WITH 1.9% APR FINANCING + 3 MONTHS PAYMENTS ON BMW + $3,000 CUSTOMER CASH

• Thread starter Deleted member 939
  • Start date
One can drive and maintain fords, chevy’s and Toyotas, or BMW’s Mercedes’ or Porsches. Nothing new here.
Oh yeah,I get it.I did kinda know but I did want a kiss to go along with the ruff sex. 🤡

One can drive and maintain fords, chevy’s and Toyotas, or BMW’s Mercedes’ or Porsches. Nothing new here.
btw,Toyota,Honda get free services 2 years and now Hyundai(w/100,000mile 10 year w/3 years of comp service).

Last edited by a moderator:
Figured a better deal would come out right after I bit on a B.

Still, got a great deal on my trade, .9% financing, and did the deal before my job at a boarding prep school kicked in--summer vacation is over, and I'm working about 80 hours this week. Teaching, coaching, and supervising. At least I get to ride a cool bike to work!

Like the looks of that Indian, BTW.

$550 was with the valve check, which is required for the 6k service.
Not bad.
I paid $480.15 for my first 600mile service.I had them change all the fluids so,it was a bit extra.
I checked my valve adjustment and they charged me $176.14
That would have put me $656.29 if I would have had them do both together.
btw,I do shop around and the dealer where I bought my bike is more reasonable.I do have a manual and know about the service intervals.Wish the prices were listed.
Good day

Last edited by a moderator:
Not bad.
I paid $480.15 for my first 600mile service.I had them change all the fluids so,it was a bit extra.
btw,I do shop around and the dealer where I bought my bike is more reasonable.
Good day
I still think it is pricey though they installed a front & rear tire on the bike with the sidecar attached for a little under $325 + the tires of course.

I use a small family-owned small business BMW mechanic. Significantly cheaper than my dealer. When I traded my bike in on a different one my BMW dealer didn't care one bit that the service wasn't done by them - just that it was done.

I feel this is the same with any motorcycle or car dealer. I'd never take my F150 to the Ford dealer unless I had to. Plenty of great mechanics out there - at least in San Diego.

I am happy with what bmw was offering when I purchased my R18. When all said and done it is indeed the enjoyment factor that last not what you paid for something...well within reason. Which only the buyer would know.

I still think it is pricey though they installed a front & rear tire on the bike with the sidecar attached for a little under $325 + the tires of course.
Are you keeping your R18 Hack or ???? Congrats on the new Indian too, she's beautiful 🍻🍻

Are you keeping your R18 Hack or ???? Congrats on the new Indian too, she's beautiful 🍻🍻
Yeah,keeping it.
The Indian is really a unbelievable machine.This is my 3rd Thunderstroke(had a 2003 vintage too).Crazy how much Polaris has tweaked and improved the engine,clutch and driveline.New designed better breathing heads,increased oil capacity and lots of smaller things,like ride modes and increased muffler flow with deeper sound.It runs cooler than my previous 2 Thunderstrokes with the cat in place while I had Rinehart headpipe w/o cat.
Gas mileage is 40-44 at 75 mph.Smooth as hell.

Yeah,keeping it.
The Indian is really a unbelievable machine.This is my 3rd Thunderstroke(had a 2003 vintage too).Crazy how much Polaris has tweaked and improved the engine,clutch and driveline.New designed better breathing heads,increased oil capacity and lots of smaller things,like ride modes and increased muffler flow with deeper sound.It runs cooler than my previous 2 Thunderstrokes with the cat in place while I had Rinehart headpipe w/o cat.
Gas mileage is 40-44 at 75 mph.Smooth as hell.
That's an impressive track record. My 14 Vic Cross Roads was actually one of my "best" motorcycles (I've had many with almost 60 years of riding), and I compared it closely to the R18 when I was buying my Classic. While I am smitten with the R18 for many reasons the "old" and discontinued Victory offered more suspension, better seating, more petrol capacity and far easier maintenance, etc. I put approximately 45,000 miles on it in a year and a half and then decided I was going back to an Adv or Standard style bike. I was in line for the teased, bad ass Pike's Peak 156 based platform which was sadly delivered as another cruiser with the Octane-Scout. By the time they morphed that into the FTR I had moved on. Anyway, I was impressed with Polaris bankrolling two incredible engines back to back and how their poking at Harley resulted in major improvements for riders regardless their choice of Brands. Two of my riding friends were diehard HD riders and routinely went 1XX,XXX miles within 3-4 years before getting another. For a variety of reasons they were becoming unhappy with HD so in 2015 one was on Victory and the other on Indian and even with Covid restrictions the Vic is close to 120,000 and he will keep it while just adding a 2016 garage queen Vic as a primary long ride replacement. A clutch cable and starter motor were the only "failures" during those miles. The Indian is getting up there as well and I believe fork seals were the only "failures". Very high satisfaction and confidence in the bike especially when far from home is always a good thing.

I try to get something a little different every time I change bikes as there are so many great ones nowadays and while the R18 is amazing on many levels I would go for the Indian Challenger rather the R18 Bagger/Tourer options if for nothing else than ease of servicing on long rides. I do most of my own work and while all my previous BMWs needed little or no valve adjustments once settled in I hate the idea of hoping that I could skip an adjustment on a trip or face the down time and/or stupid $$ to have a shop do them while on the road and often that could be multiple times. It's not a deal breaker, but an annoyance just as their choice of tube required rims is. Anyway, you have a great stable and thanks for sharing your knowledge regardless the Brand.

🍻 🍻

It is sad the Victory line is no more. I test rode a used ‘bagger’ model, not the one that looked like a starship. It was very nice and was supposed to buy it but the dealer did not discount major defect on the front fairing so it was a very wasted trip back home on a hd sporty. Should have walked back in and got the manger to make it right but did not think to do it at the time. Wished I had purchased it in hindsight. Was a very pretty peral white paint job and the tank shape was very fine indeed.

That's an impressive track record. My 14 Vic Cross Roads was actually one of my "best" motorcycles (I've had many with almost 60 years of riding), and I compared it closely to the R18 when I was buying my Classic. While I am smitten with the R18 for many reasons the "old" and discontinued Victory offered more suspension, better seating, more petrol capacity and far easier maintenance, etc. I put approximately 45,000 miles on it in a year and a half and then decided I was going back to an Adv or Standard style bike. I was in line for the teased, bad ass Pike's Peak 156 based platform which was sadly delivered as another cruiser with the Octane-Scout. By the time they morphed that into the FTR I had moved on. Anyway, I was impressed with Polaris bankrolling two incredible engines back to back and how their poking at Harley resulted in major improvements for riders regardless their choice of Brands. Two of my riding friends were diehard HD riders and routinely went 1XX,XXX miles within 3-4 years before getting another. For a variety of reasons they were becoming unhappy with HD so in 2015 one was on Victory and the other on Indian and even with Covid restrictions the Vic is close to 120,000 and he will keep it while just adding a 2016 garage queen Vic as a primary long ride replacement. A clutch cable and starter motor were the only "failures" during those miles. The Indian is getting up there as well and I believe fork seals were the only "failures". Very high satisfaction and confidence in the bike especially when far from home is always a good thing.

I try to get something a little different every time I change bikes as there are so many great ones nowadays and while the R18 is amazing on many levels I would go for the Indian Challenger rather the R18 Bagger/Tourer options if for nothing else than ease of servicing on long rides. I do most of my own work and while all my previous BMWs needed little or no valve adjustments once settled in I hate the idea of hoping that I could skip an adjustment on a trip or face the down time and/or stupid $$ to have a shop do them while on the road and often that could be multiple times. It's not a deal breaker, but an annoyance just as their choice of tube required rims is. Anyway, you have a great stable and thanks for sharing your knowledge regardless the Brand.

🍻 🍻
Victory is a great motorcycle.I wished Polaris would have brought the Challenger out as a Indian Victory.Because thats what it is.
I was working for indian after I retired when Victory pulled the plug.The problem with Victory is that most folks bought them and rarely returned to the dealer to buy anything.The bikes were almost unbreakable and really did not need much performance upgrades.Most folks bought their add on parts on line and did their own maintenance.The Vics were purchased and folks rode the hell out of them.Lots of them out there with over 100,000 miles so the dealers didn't get a bunch of re-sales.
The one thing I will say about Victory and the Indian Motorcycle is,Mileage did not hamper the bike.I remember before I traded my 14(95,000 miles).Our service manager took it for a ride after having new tires installed(70-75,000miles).He said "man that thing rides and is as tight as a new one."
They do!
All my HD's with the rubber mounted engines would loosen up around 8,000 miles.Funny why HD designed the M8 then made is idle ruff to install it into a small rubber mount frame??
Why not frame mount and make the bike so you I can put all of my size 12 boots.
If you get a chance to demo ride a Indian really check out the fat front tire Springfield.
The Challenger is cool but I don't care for the dual Throttlebody that needs synced and they do run hot.
Have a great day and sorry for hyjacking my own thread,LOL!

Not bad.
btw,I do shop around and the dealer where I bought my bike is more reasonable.I do have a manual and know about the service intervals.Wish the prices were listed.
Good day
Where did you get a manual?

Back